So to brighten the mood, I've decided to organise a
We will have five categories, in addition to our long-running player of the season award which has it's own unique voting system.
1) Young Player of the Season: The player considered by our members to have given the strongest performances for a young player over the entire season. I did think of taking this award from the Man of the Match awards like the ordinary Player of the Season but I felt that that system might overlook players who shined, but perhaps didn't play as much as the others (which is not an indictment on the player as it is for candidates for player of the season). All players aged 23 and under as of May 31st 2010 are eligible for this award, and the player must have made at least 1 first team appearance this season. Performances while on loan should not be counted.
2) Most Improved Player - The player who has improved the most during this season. Obviously a subjective category and opinions may differ so play nice! All players who have played for the first team this season are eligible. Performances while on loan should be counted
3) Best Admin/Mod - Yes that category in which you can suck up to the people who can ban your arse and ship you off to BlueKippper (the horror). Refers to both what they post and how helpful they are. Obviously a light-hearted category as they're all appalling
4) Best Poster - Only the best of the best need apply. The true stalwart Evertonians for whom it is not enough to shout abuse from their seats on their couch or in the Gwladys, but who feel so strongly about their team that they will google for and register on a forum from which they can abuse, slander and libel the footballing and personal lives of the donkeys who masquerade as professional footballers once (or gasp, maybe twice, those mean fixture schedulers) a week on the pitch of Goodison Park. Which poster do YOU (yes you!) think contributed the most to the vast zeitgeist of ToffeeTalk this year?
5) Best Thread - Oh those beautiful headings into which we type our angry, knee-jerking responses into, what would we be without them? Which thread do you think spurred the debate the most this season. Threads in the Off-Topic forums do not count, as the Longest Thread would win it every year
So you've heard the categories, and I bet you're wondering how you nominate a player, poster or thread (Yeah probably not, but humour me ).
Well, it's pretty basic. Simply copy and paste the template below into a reply to this thread and fill in your nominees. For all categories make sure the person or thread is eligible for that catgory and when nominating a thread please provide a link to it. And have a look if that person has already been nominated a couple of times before, if so, why not nominate your second choice for a bit of variety? Simples!
Please, please, please follow the template or Johnny Heitinga will get you.
Young Player of the Year:
Most Improved Player:
And I should stress that this is not the voting thread, no category will be won on number of nominations
Edited by Grarghsies, 09 Apr 2010 - 20:30.