Previous MOTM winners...

Fulham (A)...Sylvain Distin

West Ham (A)...Leighton Baines

Chelsea (H)...Gareth Barry

Cardiff (A)...Ross Barkley

Stevenage (H)...Ross Barkley

West Brom (H)...Seamus Coleman

Norwich (A)...Ross Barkley

Seamus Coleman. Incredible work rate. Bombed up and down the wing, showed determination and strength. I'd like to see a bit more efficiency though, which I think would be helped by him not trying to shoot with his left foot as much.

Lukaku and Distin also deserve shouts. Lukaku did not get the vote as he turned the ball over a couple of times too many.

I don't think Barry had a good game today. He was just a bit late in challenges to win the ball.

So many players in with a shout tonight.

Lukaku: 2 goals and looked unplayable in that first half.

Distin: Immense as per the norm now.
Baines: Impressive throughout, but I thought second half he worked incredibly hard to win back possession and was a constant outlet.

McCarthy: Did the simple stuff well, and allowed others to play.

Barkley: Looked the real deal tonight, Link up play with Lukaku was fantastic, and I'm looking forward to seeing even more.

MOTM for me though has to go Coleman. This fella just didn't stop all game. Real mature and cultured performance. Constant threat, and unlucky not to score.

My vote has gone to McCarthy I was so impressed with him today. If he improves with age we've got a hell of a player. I think he may of gone a bit unnoticed today by some as he doesn't grab the headlines but his confidence had increased 10 fold since the Fulham game. Loads of other good performances though.

I thought the ref was too quick on the draw with silly yellows tonight. Once again 2 different halves. Similar to that of Moyes. We need to keep focus for longer. Maybe we are not mentally fit enough. Tonight we held out, but one more goal would have killed them off. Lukaku is a great creative player with exceptional vision for a pass. More from Mirallas though. A goal or two from Kev and we will be in good shape.

I thought the ref was too quick on the draw with silly yellows tonight. Once again 2 different halves. Similar to that of Moyes. We need to keep focus for longer. Maybe we are not mentally fit enough. Tonight we held out, but one more goal would have killed them off. Lukaku is a great creative player with exceptional vision for a pass. More from Mirallas though. A goal or two from Kev and we will be in good shape.

So who was your MOTM?

Unfortunately i missed the first half as my 5am alarm didn't go off, and to be honest the second half I thought we were pretty dreadful. For that reason ill give it to lukaku. Two goals and an assist, can't go past that given how much I saw of the game.

I realised how stupid that sounds given all I saw of Lukaku was when he played very poorly, but the other popular candidate in Coleman didn't really stand out enough for me to over rule Rom's three involvements in the goals.

Edited by Pearso

Surprised to see I'm the only one to have given Distin a vote. While I do believe Lukaku and Coleman were immense, I felt that they faded a bit toward the end of the game. Distin was ready to play from the opening whistle (extra props for having played against Fulham). He was amazing defensively and my heart sank for half a second when he went down and I thought he may have been injured. No complaints about Lukaku/Coleman however, was just a bit surprised that's all.

Yes he scored but personally I thought Lukaku was rather poor. He gave the ball away sooooo many times it was untrue.

Coleman, Distin, Barkley and Miralles were all excellent. I'm usually on Osmans back but I thought he had a tidy game.

I'm going to give it to McCarthy though. Not a obvious MOTM candidate because he's not beating players and scoring. However, he was forever last night getting first to the ball, keeping possession and gelling stuff together. Was impressed.

I voted for Lukaku because his first half goals and assist set up the win for us and made all the difference, but if I could vote twice Seamus would get the other one as he was a dynamo throughout the game; worked his socks off up and down the pitch and had some moments in the final third too.

Honourable mentions too for Distin, who was a brick wall, and McCarthy who looked as though he's blended in well and performed better as a starter than coming off the bench.