IGNORED

What Are You Listening To?

Moyski

9 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I'm going to the Liverpool gig :) 

This album is very different in terms of the sound because they lost the lead singer, and have now gone in a different direction. I liked the previous stuff but I like this edgier sound as well. Really looking forward to seeing them.

It must be good, wife just came in and said, "What's that rubbish you're listening to?"😂

Unwittingly (someone's having a loud party in earshot) John Denver, Sandie Shaw (bearable) and Sweet Caroline/Neil Diamond followed currently by Love Train by The O'Jays. I'll keep you all updated so you don't feel like you're missing out😂. Moved on to Barry White now, You'll Never Find:rolleyes:.

Might be a long evening!

• 3 weeks later...

Have just finished a suite for pipe organ based on the hymn tune 'Cornwall' by Samuel Sebastien Wesley. It's written for a concert pipe organist I know, and I'm hoping he'll play it.

• The first movement is a prelude - a simple exposition of the theme with a little embellishment. It's inspired by Sheviock church in Cornwall (where I was christened).
  • The second movement is a meditation and is based on a musical idea I had as a child: If you play repeatedly the notes A-B-C-D-E-D-C-B-A-B-C-D-E etc., every third note is ADCBEBCDA. Every fifth note reveals the same pattern. Since this pattern occurs in the hymn tune, I based the meditation on it. It's inspired by the church at St. Just-in-Roseland where many of my ancestors were christened, married, and buried.
  • The third movement is an impromptu, and it's difficult to get the gist of it with the export option of the composition program: The upper register is meant to be played on the {Sw} and not the {Gt} keyboard. This one's inspired by the famous stone building on the seafront at Porthleven.
  • The final movement is a fugue (only the second fugue I've ever written) and at the end incorporates themes from the earlier movements. It's inspired by the Celtic cross in the churchyard at Talland.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Palfy said:

At this particular moment the mrs moaning, you can’t please everyone and golf’s more important than going to Bristol shopping 🛍 

Ah spent many unhappy hours shopping in Bristol (accompanying wife shopping and just paying would be more accurate); IKEA and Cribbs Causeway are probably worse though.

12 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Cory Wells - The Way We Are (Album)

Confused me for a bit that, google him and Wikipedia said...

"Cory Wells (born Emil Lewandowski; February 5, 1941 – October 20, 2015) was an American singer, best known as one of the three lead vocalists in the band Three Dog Night."

Once I clicked it was a different bloke had a listen; very good stuff, I can always rely on your taste Mark👍

57 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Confused me for a bit that, google him and Wikipedia said...

"Cory Wells (born Emil Lewandowski; February 5, 1941 – October 20, 2015) was an American singer, best known as one of the three lead vocalists in the band Three Dog Night."

Once I clicked it was a different bloke had a listen; very good stuff, I can always rely on your taste Mark👍

:lol: I read the same thing when I first found him too and was a bit confused as well!

He just came on my recommended mix on YouTube a few months ago and I really liked what I heard and had been waiting for this album ever since.