IGNORED

What Are You Listening To?

Moyski

3 hours ago, MikeO said:

Not listening to them but just reading an article on bass guitars with extra strings and mention was made of a guy called Stig Pedersen from the Danish band D-A-D who almost exclusively plays a two stringed version, how does that work @markjazzbassist?

Disneyland_After_Dark_2014.jpg

I think it’s bottom 2 strings, it’s a gimmick.  There are 8 string basses where they double the strings, the guy from cheap trick used one, Hendrix used one on a couple tracks.  Basically a bass string and guitar string together for each one.  Kinda 12 string guitar concept for bass.  Not my thing but a cool one off sound if you can afford a ton of gear

9 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

I think it’s bottom 2 strings, it’s a gimmick.  There are 8 string basses where they double the strings, the guy from cheap trick used one, Hendrix used one on a couple tracks.  Basically a bass string and guitar string together for each one.  Kinda 12 string guitar concept for bass.  Not my thing but a cool one off sound if you can afford a ton of gear

So that'll be the same tuning as the bottom eight strings on a 12 string then, all pairs having standard tuning and an octave up? Must be bloody difficult to play, I have a 12-string but stick pretty much to chords on it.

42 minutes ago, MikeO said:

So that'll be the same tuning as the bottom eight strings on a 12 string then, all pairs having standard tuning and an octave up? Must be bloody difficult to play, I have a 12-string but stick pretty much to chords on it.

Most play with a pick to strum.  It’s more of a gimmick (not in the bad sense) just to be used on a tune or something if you’ve got lots of cash and walls of instruments.   Yeah I have never been a 12 string fan either, I just don’t get why it exists, like I’ve never played something and thought “this needs a 12 string”

18 hours ago, MikeO said:

Nobody likes anything I post in here but fuck it😂

Well seen as your fucking it I’ll be honest didn’t really do much for me, not saying I didn’t like it but I wouldn’t care if I never heard it again. 
Now I’m going to disappear for a bit 😎😂

4 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Well seen as your fucking it I’ll be honest didn’t really do much for me, not saying I didn’t like it but I wouldn’t care if I never heard it again. 
Now I’m going to disappear for a bit 😎😂

Not saying I don't like you but I wouldn't much care if I never heard from you again.😎

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does it destroy any credibibility I have in here to own up to the fact that I've actually listened to and liked some Taylor Swift stuff in recent weeks (I actually don't really care because I like what I like so fuck it)? Nothing challenging but she writes a good "pop" song, probably if she heard a sixty-something was liking her she'd be horrified.😂

7 hours ago, MikeO said:

Does it destroy any credibibility I have in here to own up to the fact that I've actually listened to and liked some Taylor Swift stuff in recent weeks (I actually don't really care because I like what I like so fuck it)? Nothing challenging but she writes a good "pop" song, probably if she heard a sixty-something was liking her she'd be horrified.😂

Credibility? :huh:

8 hours ago, MikeO said:

Taylor Swift is fantastic, Folklore is a brilliant album.

(we can lose forum coolness points together Mike...)

27 minutes ago, Matt said:

Architects confuse the life out of me.

I must admit I was never really a fan of theirs, but their latest album (For Those Who Wish to Exist) is fantastic, thought that the orchestral version of ''Animals'' was a nice little spin too (seems that a lot of bands are doing orchestral stuff now, think it's all stemmed from Bring Me The Horizon doing a full set with one).

Unless of course you mean actual architects, in which case I'm no builder either :unsure:...

1 hour ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Taylor Swift is fantastic, Folklore is a brilliant album.

(we can lose forum coolness points together Mike...)

I must admit I was never really a fan of theirs, but their latest album (For Those Who Wish to Exist) is fantastic, thought that the orchestral version of ''Animals'' was a nice little spin too (seems that a lot of bands are doing orchestral stuff now, think it's all stemmed from Bring Me The Horizon doing a full set with one).

Unless of course you mean actual architects, in which case I'm no builder either :unsure:...

It's been going on long before BMTH. I meant more the style in general of Architects. They have some really heavy stuff but then ultra pop-like in the same song. Find it hard to listen to but they keep popping up on my metal recommendations so maybe I should just give them another go. 

• 2 weeks later...