IGNORED

What Are You Listening To?

Moyski

19 hours ago, Matt said:

Loving it. But the binge has taken weird turns; Primal Scream, Frozen (by choice!), TesseracT, Cliff Lin, Neil Young... weird mix but actually enjoying music again which is a huge step forward for me at the moment. 

TesseracT is so good! Tears for Fears is amazing too. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Working from home I've found that certain types of music can tune me into my work..... Classical basically and I've never been someone to actively seek it out but as someone who loved the music from the British airways advert, the world cup themes for France 98, Italia 90, champions (BBC grand national) I should have really been more open to it.

Andre Rieu has been a great listen,.  William orbit - pieces in a modern style, then I listened to mike Oldfield ......  

Very good. 

4 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Working from home I've found that certain types of music can tune me into my work..... Classical basically and I've never been someone to actively seek it out but as someone who loved the music from the British airways advert, the world cup themes for France 98, Italia 90, champions (BBC grand national) I should have really been more open to it.

Andre Rieu has been a great listen,.  William orbit - pieces in a modern style, then I listened to mike Oldfield ......  

Very good. 

Metal for me. But then again, metal for me in most walks of life :lol: 

5 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I grew up with  my brother playing black Sabbath, Rainbow, Deep Purple, ACDC, good memories.

First album I ever bough was Fireball by Deep Purple, but somehow I never saw them live. Saw AC/DC and Black Sabbath multiple times, Rainbow just the once but the gig was a hell of a buzz as my mates were the support band at (appropriately) the Rainbow Theatre.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

First album I ever bough was Fireball by Deep Purple, but somehow I never saw them live. Saw AC/DC and Black Sabbath multiple times, Rainbow just the once but the gig was a hell of a buzz as my mates were the support band at (appropriately) the Rainbow Theatre.

Since you've been gone..... What a tune 

11 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Since you've been gone..... What a tune 

Have a story about that:D

1979 the studio I worked in did demo copies for Polydor (among others) to send to their reps etc and they asked us to do a Saturday job which nobody really wanted to do, so I as the most junior got "lumbered" with it. It was "Since You've Been Gone". Nearly blew the walls down:P

11 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Have a story about that:D

1979 the studio I worked in did demo copies for Polydor (among others) to send to their reps etc and they asked us to do a Saturday job which nobody really wanted to do, so I as the most junior got "lumbered" with it. It was "Since You've Been Gone". Nearly blew the walls down:P

If it was released today it should be number 1 for months.  You just don't get music like that any more. Sadly. 

I was listening to some random Elton John today, was a big fan in the early years and bought all his albums. Saw him live twice also. Must be strange though to have peaked 47 years ago and still be raking it in, pre 1974 I loved everything he did but since then? A handful of decent songs. Having said that once you put out a record like Goodbye Yellow Brick Road the only way is down.

30 minutes ago, MikeO said:

I was listening to some random Elton John today, was a big fan in the early years and bought all his albums. Saw him live twice also. Must be strange though to have peaked 47 years ago and still be raking it in, pre 1974 I loved everything he did but since then? A handful of decent songs. Having said that once you put out a record like Goodbye Yellow Brick Road the only way is down.

I never realised how many songs Elton released. I know with most artists that if you look hard enough you will find plenty of terrible songs but with him it's almost album after album! 

My dad used to have a tape that played on repeat in the car which had Saturday Nights Alright on it. For years, and I mean years, I would sing away to that song. The only problem was I used to think he was saying sellotape. Sellotape Nights Alright doesn't have the same impact! 

I still play Slade now and then and the Sweet the groups I grew up listening to, I might go a year or so without listening to Slade and then I’ll play some and it takes me back to when I was 12 year old singing my friend Stan’s got a funny old man on the way to school with my mates, we thought it was brilliant. 

21 hours ago, Palfy said:

I only ever owned 2 heavy rock albums Burn by Deep purple and Chaos by Hawkwind, I wasn’t really into heavy rock that much but I use to play the Burn album quite a bit in the late 70s early 80s. 

Heavy rock? Oh bless your cotton socks :lol: 

21 hours ago, MikeO said:

Brilliant, I was due to see him on red piano tour and it hit cancelled due to illness.

Brother got to see George Michael and said he was flawless, I thought I would get to see him in concert but sadly he was taken too soon. 

Let's be honest, there are some true greats that we can still see, need to get it done when we can. 

Didn't realise one of my all time fave EJ tracks has had a video done recently. It's fifty years old this year, but luckily he hasn't felt the need to re-record it, it's just as it was in 1971 (obvious opening edits aside). This and "Levon" were first two tracks on side one of "Madman Across the Water", incredibly strong opening.