IGNORED

What Are You Listening To?

Moyski

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If there is one thing that can compete with my love of EFC is my love of music, this may be where I end up posting most, I would say I have a very eclectic taste, but dependent on mood wild variations in genres.

At this very moment am listening to Wax Fang, The Astronaut, a band I got into through American Dad because of this song

I heard the song long before I'd heard of the band but thanks to youtube put the pieces together found this live version looked at the band and thought this lot can't have done the great tune I'm thinking of, but it was them and I'm really pleased as the album The Astronaut is a delight to listen too, hard to catagorise I kind of think of it as a modern interpretation of prog rock.

20 minutes ago, Hf,Hr,Hwamp..PR said:

If there is one thing that can compete with my love of EFC is my love of music, this may be where I end up posting most, I would say I have a very eclectic taste, but dependent on mood wild variations in genres.

At this very moment am listening to Wax Fang, The Astronaut, a band I got into through American Dad because of this song

I heard the song long before I'd heard of the band but thanks to youtube put the pieces together found this live version looked at the band and thought this lot can't have done the great tune I'm thinking of, but it was them and I'm really pleased as the album The Astronaut is a delight to listen too, hard to catagorise I kind of think of it as a modern interpretation of prog rock.

Not often I watch videos to the end in this thread (though in fairness nobody listens to the ones I post all the way through either😂) but enjoyed that. I'll investigate.

On 24/08/2021 at 22:31, MikeO said:

Falsetto voice I just hate, only guys who carried it off for me ever were the Bee Gees, managed about 45 seconds of that.

Bee Gees for me a really underrated group.

10 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Not often I watch videos to the end in this thread (though in fairness nobody listens to the ones I post all the way through either😂)

You won't make it through this one, but you need to hear his full range.

On 13/09/2018 at 13:59, MikeO said:

Am working my way backwards through this topic, and don't want to be liking things from years ago, but as soon as I saw Focus had to respond, the fast version of Hocus Pocus perfect pick up song, Sylvia is a great tune, my dad loved them think I first heard Moving Waves when I was still in the pram, and am still listening to it now, but of all the bands my dad got me into when I was young, who I am listening to today my favourite is SAHB, both Focus and SAHB are some of my earliest music and OGWT memories (the violinists masks), for me for to pick a track from either of these is so hard, but I hope you like this I think because of his delivery, Alex Harvey is possibly my favourite musical artist.

I also like songs that stand up lyrically, even sometimes maybe not that good musically but good story songs, happy or sad i.e Tell laura I love her, Running Bear, Honey, and possibly the geatest story song of all Paradise by the dashboard lights, but if I listen to it too much do get meloncoly, so then need a fun song, not necessarily happy story but a song to bring a smile back and my old reliable for this is of course, produced by Mr Womble

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

My dad worked in the music biz and Mike Batt was a great friend of his.

Have noticed how much of this thread is you and the stories you and some others have, did you meet him?  My first awareness of him was as a kid through the Wombles, but have listened to most of his stuff and am now listening to Schizophrenia for the first time in about 30 years, creatively a very clever man (didn't want to use "genius"!).

Am about 10 pages back and between yourself and rubelca think you pretty much have my taste covered, though am/was Bowie fan and I don't really listen to much new stuff unless its on Jools Holland.

Your post 25th June replying to Cornish Steve about classical music, I've always enjoyed it and the Proms are my guilty pleasure, especially LNotP. Your mention of Carmina Burana, it was the first classic opera I bought, because of the Old Spice advert, my dad, who knew, wouldn't tell me who it was, but gave me £10 (1983-4ish) told me to go into town to Circle records and find out what is was and buy it, and had so many trips to town where I only went to circle records.

Quick side question Mike, as I'm not bothered about the sites points/reward system, am I correct in it's not worth liking posts that are years old?

2 hours ago, Hf,Hr,Hwamp..PR said:

Have noticed how much of this thread is you and the stories you and some others have, did you meet him?  My first awareness of him was as a kid through the Wombles, but have listened to most of his stuff and am now listening to Schizophrenia for the first time in about 30 years, creatively a very clever man (didn't want to use "genius"!).

Am about 10 pages back and between yourself and rubelca think you pretty much have my taste covered, though am/was Bowie fan and I don't really listen to much new stuff unless its on Jools Holland.

Your post 25th June replying to Cornish Steve about classical music, I've always enjoyed it and the Proms are my guilty pleasure, especially LNotP. Your mention of Carmina Burana, it was the first classic opera I bought, because of the Old Spice advert, my dad, who knew, wouldn't tell me who it was, but gave me £10 (1983-4ish) told me to go into town to Circle records and find out what is was and buy it, and had so many trips to town where I only went to circle records.

Quick side question Mike, as I'm not bothered about the sites points/reward system, am I correct in it's not worth liking posts that are years old?

No, never met Mike Batt, dad kept his work life and home life very separate. Met the odd DJ, Tony Blackburn and Jimmy Young spring to mind, Dave Lee Travis also but he was a total dick. As far as musicians Freddie Garrity and Barbara Dickson were about the extent of it, and funnily enough I met both again many years later when I was working in the industry.

Liking posts or downvoting is, as you suggest, just a bit of fun most of the time; I don't think anyone really takes it seriously. Liking old posts carries the same "weight" as liking new posts though.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, Bill said:

For you music buffs, How many Bands can you spot.?

EnwQrFBWEAEyBnd.thumb.jpeg.2d281c0b4878e944c769a53d7a104745.jpeg

Pet Shop Boys, Alice in Chains, The Police, Rolling Stones, Radiohead, Flowers in the Dustbin, Shed Seven, T Rex, Arctic Monkeys, The Smashing Pumpkins, The Four Tops, The Eagles, The Zombies, Guns N' Roses, Salt-N-Pepa. The Jam (?), Texas, Oasis. 

Two blokes bottom left is annoying me, probably going to be obvious.

Edit: One Direction, Beatles (?).

7 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Pet Shop Boys, Alice in Chains, The Police, Rolling Stones, Radiohead, Flowers in the Dustbin, Shed Seven, T Rex, Arctic Monkeys, The Smashing Pumpkins, The Four Tops, The Eagles, The Zombies, Guns N' Roses, Salt-N-Pepa. The Jam (?), Texas, Oasis. 

Two blokes bottom left is annoying me, probably going to be obvious.

Edit: One Direction, Beatles (?).

The Thompson twins, The Byrds