IGNORED

Protest prior to Aston Villa game

FairWooney

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think I ever understood the purpose of the protest properly. What the Blue Union's website said and what the banners at the front of the protest said were two different things.

I'd understand it more if they had come out and said it WAS a protest against the board and then listed the reasons for it.

I also think that the articles in the Daily Mail (Kenwright interview) and Liverpool Echo (Moyes: I sold Arteta, not the board) will have slowed the momentum.

I don't think I ever understood the purpose of the protest properly. What the Blue Union's website said and what the banners at the front of the protest said were two different things.

I'd understand it more if they had come out and said it WAS a protest against the board and then listed the reasons for it.

I also think that the articles in the Daily Mail (Kenwright interview) and Liverpool Echo (Moyes: I sold Arteta, not the board) will have slowed the momentum.

its very confusing now, the BU is supposed to be a coming together of the other groups, but they are all saying different things, they want an interim board to sell the club, which is fine, its possibly a very good idea, the mob we have at the moment cant sell shit, but what the BU seem to forget is that these new interim people will not work for free, so who is going to pay them? TPG seem to just be an anti-BK group and nothing more, very few people on their FB site have anything worth noting, there was a guy on there the other day who wanted to bomb BK's house ffs. its no different to the more established groups either im not seeing much of any worthy note from any of them either.

fact is we all know BK and cronies can't take us any further, but i do believe he is trying to sell the club, im not sure he is the best person to do that, but we are stuck with him and i dont see it changing at the moment, so we just need to get used to it, and some of these people just need to accept that we have made mistakes but we are trying to sort it out, very very slowly.

The protest IMO will do very little to sway anything such as bill coming out and saying he wants x amount for his shares. The publicity it generated however will draw attention to potential buyers. The split between the fans can't continue, nor can the club under the current board.

The time for sitting on hands has ended, relying on Keith Harris or kenwright to sell the club clearly doesn't work. We are ripe for a sale, the method in making it happen needs to be addressed.

Bill and his open desire to be life president is sickening. The need to have his ego stroked using the club is appalling.

The protest IMO will do very little to sway anything such as bill coming out and saying he wants x amount for his shares. The publicity it generated however will draw attention to potential buyers. The split between the fans can't continue, nor can the club under the current board.

The time for sitting on hands has ended, relying on Keith Harris or kenwright to sell the club clearly doesn't work. We are ripe for a sale, the method in making it happen needs to be addressed.

Bill and his open desire to be life president is sickening. The need to have his ego stroked using the club is appalling.

thats showbiz for you though haf

the split isnt exactly overwhelming. Theres a tiny collection who want a change and have jumped on the latest band wagon without knowing what its all about. Ive no idea how this was supposed to be for the good of the club.

thats showbiz for you though haf

Indeed, unfortunately he has the publicity hungry traits of a z list celeb. All mouth, no cash, deluded enough to believe the need for him is greater than it is. It's very sad, he is following the same path as doug Ellis.

I Would be interested to know how the services of a broughton could be paid for? Is it not a fee taken as commission of the sale?

For me an interim board is a necessity, I have zero faith in bill and co, moreso due to the clear involvement of mr green. An interim board would expose any issues there.

Spoke to a blue yesterday and he said kenwright has bought his shares and repaid his green loan through the club which thinks is the operating costs issue- feasible?

the split isnt exactly overwhelming. Theres a tiny collection who want a change and have jumped on the latest band wagon without knowing what its all about. Ive no idea how this was supposed to be for the good of the club.

Basically it was a publicity stunt.

The only good was it helped improve the atmosphere at GP yesterday - but it should be like that every game not just because a couple of thousand (if that) 'real fans' went down the boozer earlier and got tanked up for a protest. Special mention must go to the Lower Gwladys standing/singing area - incredible!!! dont know.gif

i think the split is about 50/50 myself. your not going to get 16,000 people on the street in protest, but the boos and cheers at the game seemed pretty even to me.

i dont mean people necessarily supporting BU, but about half of the fans seem happy with the way the club is being run and about half dont. seems that way on here anyway.

I Would be interested to know how the services of a broughton could be paid for? Is it not a fee taken as commission of the sale?

any staff at the club have to earn a wage, i dont think this should be any different. if someone was brought in to do this job, they should be paid for it. we arent in a situation where we cant pay our staff yet.

Edited by StevO

Indeed, unfortunately he has the publicity hungry traits of a z list celeb. All mouth, no cash, deluded enough to believe the need for him is greater than it is. It's very sad, he is following the same path as doug Ellis.

For me an interim board is a necessity, I have zero faith in bill and co, moreso due to the clear involvement of mr green. An interim board would expose any issues there.

Spoke to a blue yesterday and he said kenwright has bought his shares and repaid his green loan through the club which thinks is the operating costs issue- feasible?

thought BK borrowed from the Greggs to buy his shares not Green?

tbh the fact he had to borrow money in the first place is bad enough, i dont feel he should ever have been allowed to get involved with the club when it became clear he was borrowing left,right, and centre because he had no money himself to buy in

Edited by theprisoner

i think the split is about 50/50 myself. your not going to get 16,000 people on the street in protest, but the boos and cheers at the game seemed pretty even to me.

i dont mean people necessarily supporting BU, but about half of the fans seem happy with the way the club is being run and about half dont. seems that way on here anyway.

any staff at the club have to earn a wage, i dont think this should be any different. if someone was brought in to do this job, they should be paid for it. we arent in a situation where we cant pay our staff yet.

Absolutely no chance! The booing was definitely from a very small minority and was drowned out instantly by the applause

I would say the split has overwhelmed the club Matt. Mentions of discontent on BBC, skysports, protest marches have driven the club to come out with all sorts of diversion tactics.

How is it not good for the club? They are driving for change that needs to happen. As opposed to waiting for the change we want to happen. They are giving the board the rocket they need.

I would say the split has overwhelmed the club Matt. Mentions of discontent on BBC, skysports, protest marches have driven the club to come out with all sorts of diversion tactics.

How is it not good for the club? They are driving for change that needs to happen. As opposed to waiting for the change we want to happen. They are giving the board the rocket they need.

I honestly do believe that the BU mean well and I would have a certain amount of sympathy for them however abusing Kenwright is not the way to go about it

I can understand people who are against the protest because they think Bill & Co are doing a great job and everything is fine. They're wrong & they've got their heads in the sand but I can understand them.

I cannot understand anyone who knows that there are problems at the club that need to be sorted but is against the protest because they don't think a billionaire will buy us or the board will resign immediately after the protest.

If you know something is wrong, at least try. If it doesn't work, try again or try something else

Since when were football fans experts at running a multi-million pound business..We have an owner who is a true evertonian and has given everything to the club. Anyone who understands finance and debt would no thats its all about long jevity and paying the banks interest..securing the clubs future. It wouuld be easy enough to emabark on buying new players,ground etc and forcing the club into more debt = more interest and no garuntee of a drastically improved revenue. All you are doing is making the club/players and the proper fans look stupid and divided. Do us a favour go to anfield

The applauding.

I can fully appreciate not booing him but applauding him when he's played a major role in the mess just seems wrong to me.

This s the chairman who got us into the CL qualifying round.

Got us to a top half finish in 7 of the last 10 seasons

And employed Moyes.

It's easy to focus on negatives but there are positives as well