IGNORED

If Moyes goes?

Finn balor

My quotes are off on my pc. wink.png serves me right for saying that everything was fine.

Meant to ask Avin if the forum was Loveeverton.proboards and if the admin with the rumour was him.

Pete, you keep having little digs about my having a site.

I was building sites as early as 2004.

Please know that my relationship with the guys here is above board, and MikeO was the first person informed that I was into building websites. Also know that I offered the site to Toffeetalk to help them out, and would still help them out with a site, and it gives me an interest and allows me to express myself and be creative, which I can't do here at member level.

If folk want to post there, feel free, they're very welcome, but I post here too, and have done for a long time, so maybe lighten up with the scandal approach? dont%20know.gif

will you be dissapointed bill,i wont im sure we will have a few managers knocking on bk door,on a decent level too.

Yeah slightly disappointed because no other manager can take us any further, surely you can remembera this lot since 1990 .........

Colin Harvey. 1990

Howard Kendall 2nd time

Jimmy Gabriel .. Interim

Mike Walker.

Joe Royle.

Dave Watson.. Interim

Howard Kendall 3rd time

Walter Smith.

David Moyes. 2002

None of them ever got us anywere near the top six, and most of them were fighting relegation. We really need to appreciate what Moyes has done for this club. If we dont get a really top Manager, we will soon go back to the bad old days.

Edited by Bill

I think Moyes' star is on the way down.He will never get a top job in England so we might be stuck with him until Celtic come calling in a few years time.

If he does walk away my choices would be Solksjaer or Martinez - someone less stubborn and more pro-active when it comes to making adjustments.

I think Moyes' star is on the way down.He will never get a top job in England so we might be stuck with him until Celtic come calling in a few years time.

If he does walk away my choices would be Solksjaer or Martinez - someone less stubborn and more pro-active when it comes to making adjustments.

What do you base your choices on?

Martinez - New to management, with a short spell at Swansea, and currently in charge at Wigan fighting for relegation 'again' ?

"Wigan have no money" I hear folk say, thus defending their inability to cement a safe position at the top level. Neither do Everton, but Moyes has worked the market well with what little he has.

"Wigan play great football under Martinez" folk say, yet they are in danger of relegation. Meanwhile, Everton are capable of good football too, some of which raises expectancy levels through the roof.

Meanwile, Mr Solks has managed but a single club, and though doing ok, is not exactly setting the world alight either.

It would take quite a manager to better Moyes, so fans should be careful what they wish for.

Solksjaer - apparently is a student of the game and learned a lot in a coaching/game management sense from that pretty successful chap Sir Alex Ferguson. He has had success in his homeland and turned down Villa last summer - a very smart move. A bright young manager like him may not be the worst thing for us if Moyes decides to leave. I think Martinez has more than paid his dues at Wigan and Everton would be a perfect fit. His star is rising. I take your point and I agree Everton is one of the bigger jobs in the EPL. Let me re-phrase what I said. I don't think Moyes will get a job at Chelsea, Spurs, Man City, Man United or Arsenal. I do not subscribe to the theory that no-one could do a better job than DM.

BTW ... Moyes 'has' a top job in England, or hadn't you noticed ?

Martinez is a true miracle worker in my opinion.

I always thought hmmm yeah, alweays in relegation till I started analysing further. His salary structure is half of what ours is...He has to attract players who are prepared to take approx £20k at the very most. A very small pool of quality to pick from.

Moyes can pull the odd £3m-£6m stunner off, but they are often in the £30-£50k a week wages bracket.

Yet I ask this, who plays the better football, shows more bottle, has more tactical nouse? Yes martinez. He was at Swansea for 3 years and instilled this brand of football we are seeing even now,

Moyes likes his hard workers, Martinez likes his footballers. Moyes likes to defend 1-0, Martinez likes to attack teams and destroy them. Moyes has rigid plan which has served him well, Martinez is open to change and will make them in the game if plans arent going right.

Martinez for me.

Fully agreed. Definite signs of at least a plan B from RM. The two lads he brought down from Hamilton - McArthur and McCarthy - who have gone from promising youngsters to seasoned EPL players are examples of what you are describing. Not so much of the "Run, run, run" under Martinez which I for one would appreciate.

Martinez is a true miracle worker in my opinion.

I always thought hmmm yeah, alweays in relegation till I started analysing further. His salary structure is half of what ours is...He has to attract players who are prepared to take approx £20k at the very most. A very small pool of quality to pick from.

Moyes can pull the odd £3m-£6m stunner off, but they are often in the £30-£50k a week wages bracket.

Yet I ask this, who plays the better football, shows more bottle, has more tactical nouse? Yes martinez. He was at Swansea for 3 years and instilled this brand of football we are seeing even now,

Moyes likes his hard workers, Martinez likes his footballers. Moyes likes to defend 1-0, Martinez likes to attack teams and destroy them. Moyes has rigid plan which has served him well, Martinez is open to change and will make them in the game if plans arent going right.

Martinez for me.

Pete, you keep having little digs about my having a site.

I was building sites as early as 2004.

Please know that my relationship with the guys here is above board, and MikeO was the first person informed that I was into building websites. Also know that I offered the site to Toffeetalk to help them out, and would still help them out with a site, and it gives me an interest and allows me to express myself and be creative, which I can't do here at member level.

If folk want to post there, feel free, they're very welcome, but I post here too, and have done for a long time, so maybe lighten up with the scandal approach? dont%20know.gif

Avin, it was a friendly dig, but ill lay off if you want. I really dont have anything against your own board. Im thinking of joining there too, I dont have a go at Bill either. Just friendly banter mate.

Avin, it was a friendly dig, but ill lay off if you want. I really dont have anything against your own board. Im thinking of joining there too, I dont have a go at Bill either. Just friendly banter mate.

Sorry Pete.

I didn't mean to be defensive. Wife just cost me my no claims. unsure.png

Dig away mate. And I expect lots of posts from you 'all' on my site ha ha. happy.png

What do you base your choices on?

Martinez - New to management, with a short spell at Swansea, and currently in charge at Wigan fighting for relegation 'again' ?

"Wigan have no money" I hear folk say, thus defending their inability to cement a safe position at the top level. Neither do Everton, but Moyes has worked the market well with what little he has.

"Wigan play great football under Martinez" folk say, yet they are in danger of relegation. Meanwhile, Everton are capable of good football too, some of which raises expectancy levels through the roof.

Meanwile, Mr Solks has managed but a single club, and though doing ok, is not exactly setting the world alight either.

It would take quite a manager to better Moyes, so fans should be careful what they wish for.

Av, Martinez was the one who created the whole Swansea revolution, people seem to forget that at times, id hardly say he's new to managment. Also, they might fight relegation each year but they do it in a way that keeps their(few)fans happy and appreciating things, unlike us who are are (like you say) capable of greatness, but no point being capable if you never use it imo, we know how good we CAN be, but the manager only plays that way on rare occasions and against certain teams, which i find a total waste of time and effort. Jelavic sums up that ethos this season imo Edited by Simon

I also didnt realise that he brought in a lot of the Swansea players you still see today (more so before Laudrup).

My fear is that if Moyes does go, I wouldnt trust the board to pick another decent manager. The fact that Curbishley was even on their radar last time scares the shit out of me and IMO that will be the main reason we either kick on our go spiraling down hill.

My fear is that if Moyes does go, I wouldnt trust the board to pick another decent manager. The fact that Curbishley was even on their radar last time scares the shit out of me and IMO that will be the main reason we either kick on our go spiraling down hill.

Luckily he is one of the favourites for the Reading job so that will get him off the boards radar.

I also didnt realise that he brought in a lot of the Swansea players you still see today (more so before Laudrup).

To be fair Curbishley did a cracking job at Charlton and was an in demand manager once upon a time - obviously wouldn't want him now though!!!

Edited by c1982

To be fair Curbishley did a cracking job at Charlton and was an in demand manager once upon a time - obviously wouldn't want him now though!!!

He was never what you would call a promising manager though! Although times have changed a bit since then.

I wonder whether the Board would actually want to pay compo for another manager as well, at least not one with lots of time left on his contract? Wouldnt surprise me if they go for someone already out of work!

He kept Charlton in the prem for about 8 years against all the odds, once he left Charlton they disappeared on a quick spiral to nowhere.

Same could happen with us if Moyes goes, dont forget he's always been talked about as being the 6th best in the prem, none of the top 5 would want to come here, so the next manager we get would have to be classed as worse than Moyes.

Cant see why everybody wants Moyes out, its not Moyes who is stopping our progression, that blame lies with the club.

Pete, I'm not aware that you had joined my forum, if you have it must be under a different name.

Edited by Bill

You say that but certain aspects of his coaching style have always concerned me - like the repeated screaming at players throughout the game, the reluctance to try anything other than 4 5 1, the slowness with which he makes adjustments within games and the lumping it up to the big man. I am not saying there have been no improvements in the style of play over the years under Moyesie but for example Hibbert would almost certainly be playing now if he was fit and Coleman's development as an attacking right sided compliment to Baines on the other flank would almost certainly be on hold. There also comes a point when players stop listening to the manager. I think that has already happened - in spite of what you might hear from Captain Clampit.

He kept Charlton in the prem for about 8 years against all the odds, once he left Charlton they disappeared on a quick spiral to nowhere.

Same could happen with us if Moyes goes, dont forget he's always been talked about as being the 6th best in the prem, none of the top 5 would want to come here, so the next manager we get would have to be classed as worse than Moyes.

Cant see why everybody wants Moyes out, its not Moyes who is stopping our progression, that blame lies with the club.

Edited by weebittight

You say that but cetrain aspects of his coaching style have always concerned me - like the repeated screaming at players throughout the game.

I challenge you to find a manager that doesn't scream at players throughout the game. It's their job and if he wasn't screaming at the players for the full 90 minutes then I'd be pissed off at his lack on enthusiasm. I'm in the camp that doesn't mind if Moyes leaves but understands the serious risks that could come with his departure.

I'd have Jorge. He's out of contract (which I didn't know about) so Benfica wouldn't charge compensation and he's had experience in the Champions & Europa League with them. He would also have a wide knowledge about the Portuguese league too so we could have a sniff around their up and coming players (similar to what Laudrup did with the likes of Michu) and for me he would be a step up on Moyes.

Having said all that he won't come, Benfica is much more desirable than Everton.

im sure everton are paying moyes more money than jorge is being payed,either way if benfica dont win their league jorge may not be offered a new contract thats the talk.

i agree with what you say about his knowledge of europe and his desire to play attacking football,im sure he could pull a few decent players out of portugal.

Just another reason to not want Benfica at the top of the league.

Just one point on Martinez, what calibre of player can you attract to Wigan? No one knows what he can do with the extra pulling power of a big club. He buys journeymen and risks at Wigan, but it's all they can do. They don't fight in the same league as Everton. If he gets a big chance I think he'll do brilliantly.