IGNORED

Everton's use of the loan market

"All for one, one for all, Evertons the team that loans beautiful football"

I see Everton have been getting a lot of stick on twitter from other teams fans about the amount of loan payers we have at the moment. I notice nobody complained when we were loaning the likes of Dennis Strac and Gardener!

Here is Roberos take on it

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/roberto-martinez-defends-everton-fc-6536320

Personally Im all for it , if it means we can attract player we would otherwise not be able to getin because of the finances

I have mixed feelings on it. The players who have been brought in more recently are of better quality, but they are being brought in because Everton can't afford to buy in the quality of player outright. It feels like an extension of the outsourcing policy.

The question for me is, is whether I prefer David Moyes' approach of loaning with a view to buy (Howard, Pienaar - twice) or Martinez's loaning players out of our price range (Lukaku, Deulofeu, Traore?) for a season at a time. I would have included Barry but his contract expires in six months, he's allowed to speak to foreign clubs now or wait until March to discuss a permanent move to Everton.

I'm for it, happens more often than not in Spain, Germany and especially Italy (where the top teams loan each other decent players).

We're making use of it. We couldn't afford Lukaku outright, so borrow him for a season, send him back and get another one in to replace him. At least that way, you get a player either trying to impress the club they've been loaned to for a permanent contract or they're "proving a point" to their parent club and not one, who you fork out a lot of money for, has a great 6 months and then doesn't make up their original fee.

Most of the loans we get in will have 'to buy' options in (some more realistic than others), so if the player consistently proves their worth, we could look at purchasing them. Testing them out first isn't a bad thing.

Barry - Formality loan, final year and no place at his parent club. We'll take him on a free (hopefully) once his contract has ran down. Other fans are just annoyed because they thought he is shit and their club didn't snap him up.

Deulofeu - Squad filler, played over 45 mins only twice. Fans are only jealous because he comes from Barca.

Lukaku - Progression loan, went to a mid table club last season and no one batted an eye lid about the loan system. Made a step up to Everton to continue his growth. Not good enough to start for Chelsea, but good enough to start for Everton. They get a better player back and we get a 1 in 2 striker for a season, Win-Win.

I don't see what the problem is. It's not like Watford last year, the players we are taking are surplus to their parent club this season. Would they rather all three rot in the reserves or on the bench at their parent clubs?

People are only jealous because we're actually doing well. If we'd got these same players, but if it hadn't worked out as well and we were sitting mid-table challenging no one then we'd probably be getting praised for giving these players a chance at regular first team football.

Fuck them and their agenda.

Exactly. No one batted an eyelid previously when we've had players on loan but because Lukaku got off to a great start this season and Deulofeu scored that cracker at the Emirates, people have taken more notice and the RS fans in particular are moaning about it. If Moses was banging them in for them we wouldn't hear a peep about it.

Guest blueboy122

I am all for it as well as it has given us an opportunity for us to see what quality a player has before we potentially sign them.

Would anyone be impressed if we spent £20 Million on Lukaku before we had loaned him? He got off to a great start but in to many games this season he has looked useless and his first touch is woeful many times he gives the ball away because of it and we cant build our attacks. To say I will be made up when he goes back to Chelsea wouldn't be correct but to say I am glad we are not signing him permanently is a relief because the fee would be massive and the fee wouldn't match his ability.

Guest blueboy122

People are only jealous because we're actually doing well. If we'd got these same players, but if it hadn't worked out as well and we were sitting mid-table challenging no one then we'd probably be getting praised for giving these players a chance at regular first team football.

Fuck them and their agenda.

Gareth Barry is actually the only integral part of our team that is a loanee. Lukaku has had a good start to the season but I think that he has become more of a liability because of his touch constantly giving the ball away.

The ball has got to stick with the striker that is a basic of centre forward play.

Guest blueboy122

His touch should be better though Steve, I hope he works hard on it to get it right but I feel that players touches is one that you have either got or you haven't

I'd say the idea is to get the quality we need to get into the Champions League and if we did that then we become both a better proposition for quality players and would have more money to spend.

Success brings more success as they say and if you can't buy your way to have a top 4 team then loaning players has got to be the best option.

Still a big ask to make Champions league with RS, Spurs and even dare i say it Man utd all in the running with us. A lot of teams fighting for those places and all pretty well matched but if we can squeeze our way in then it would be a huge boost and hopefully a decent effort in the CL would boost both our funds and our image.

Yeah, its cheap shots from teams around us because we are doing well. Most of the teams in the league loan in players as, apart from the usual 'big clubs', money is tight.

As for whether I like it....yes and no.

Yes......because we have brought in some good players who are helping our performance this season.

No....because its a very short term fix. A lot of you are fotgetting, or ignoring, the fact that finishing 4th only gets us to a qualification round (the last time we did this, we lost to villareal!). This is worth £2mill...hardly going to buy a new squad?! Once you are through, the money picks up but you still dont know how much you get (£8mill for qualifying, £1mill per group game win, £0.5mill per draw...rest of money depends on tv audience in your country). Also, the 2nd leg of qualifying round is at the end of august...all current loanees most likely gone and if we get through we have one week to manoeuvre in the transfer market....stick or twist?!!!

The loanees have to be worthwhile...so if they do well the owner club will either want an inflated fee (unless pre-agreed?) or want them back. Then we have to start again...get new ones on, integrate them etc etc.

Dunno really.

A lot of you are fotgetting, or ignoring, the fact that finishing 4th only gets us to a qualification round (the last time we did this, we lost to villareal!).

It was a 1000/1 shot that we'd get drawn against a team that'd go on to knock out ManU & Inter and reach the semis.

(Or a fix to help UEFA out of the embarrassing Liverpool situation.....take your pick)

Won't happen again.

It was a 1000/1 shot that we'd get drawn against a team that'd go on to knock out ManU & Inter and reach the semis.

Won't happen again.

Haha...famous last words!!!

Then we went onto the uefa cup...and got twatted straight out of that by dinamo bucharest!!!

Anyway, all Im sayin really is I prefer to keep a realistic view rather than running away with uncertainty. Too many ifs n buts do no good. You still dont get a bucket load of money just for qualifying. Bayern munich won it last year and earned a total of around 50mill...we need that much to buy our loan players!!!

Im just gonna enjoy the football and see where we finish. Gonna be a good season.

(Or a fix to help UEFA out of the embarrassing Liverpool situation.....take your pick)

Won't happen again.

why did you say that :shaking fist:

Utd to get 5th now, win the CL and we get drawn against some epic!

Newty, good post (again). When I get to a computer, ill take the time to reply properly ;)

you just have to look at the Deloitte football rich list to come out today. All the teams around us are in the world's top 20 earning clubs.

We HAVE to use the loan market to try and compete with them. there is no other way.

If we have to change our main striker every season in order of a '£20M' valued asset banging goals in for us then so be it.

Not so much second season syndrome either with loanees.

If we have a steady turn over of two or three quality loans every year that will do me.

I bet we will attract a lot of quality young players on loan over the next few years as well, give what they will be seeing Martinez doing for youngsters this year.

We could become the destination of choice for Europe's top talent.

Long may it continue, it the only way we are going to be competitive without a massive cash injection.

I always thought that if we progressed into the group stages it was worth £20 million

Guess it depends on our share of tv revenue. We'd get around £10mill straight away...the tv money is split in a 'pool'...I think it depends on home nations tv audience. So Bayern Munich won it and earned 55mill euros (of which 36mill was prize money, 19mill tv money) while Juve went out much earlier and earned 65mill....45mill was tv money!!!