IGNORED

Liverpool (Away)

gethinO

Neither team are going to be near full strength and I think both teams will create enough good opportunities to win the game and it will be a case of who takes them wins.

If its half as good of a game as last time we are in for a treat win, lose or draw.

The difference is that despite their injury problems they'll have their key players out there, all of our injuries are to big players for us, players who could take advantage of their defensive vulnerabilities.

Guest blueboy122

It just gets bloody worse!

If Moyes was still in charge people would be questioning our training methods due to all of these injuries piling up!

No we would probably be questioning why Barkley is on loan at Tranmere, where is John Stones, why Neville is still playing and why Heitinga is playing in midfield, and probably why are you always looking to defend him...

5/7 of our current inuries happened out on the pitch and barring Deulofeu were impact injuries... nothing to do with training.

Also why is Lukaku running the channels..

The difference is that despite their injury problems they'll have their key players out there, all of our injuries are to big players for us, players who could take advantage of their defensive vulnerabilities.

Yeh they will and it might tell in the end but I dont think we are that weak. I suspect Jags will be fine (based on nothing factual btw!) and Im hoping one of Distin or Alcaraz will be able to pull through and be fit enough for the game. If one of them is, Im sure Stones/Hibbert will be able to hold their own at RB in Coleman's absence.

We have Barry and McCarthy fit, along with Mirallas & Lukaku which are all vitally important. We really need Pienaar in at LM and if we could get Deulofeu/Traore on the bench it will be a morale booster for the squad and fans.

Barkley looks like he will miss out which is gutting but I think that one of Naismith or Osman could fill that void as both will step up for such a big game.

Lots of ifs and buts I know but I still think we will put up a good show and cause them problems know matter which team we put on. Worse teams have beaten Liverpool before.

Interesting read from Jan Molby (even though he predicts a Liverpool win)...

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/jan-molby/everton-miss-creative-duo-merseyside-derby-153956392.html

Also has a different view on our "depth" than most...

"Liverpool are one of the few teams contending for a top-four place where you can say there are blatant gaps in the squad. Now that Emmanuel Adebayor is back to his best, you could even argue that Tottenham no longer need a striker; Everton have strength in depth all over the park; Arsenal may have lost Theo Walcott for the season but, as Arsene Wenger joked, they “have 17 wide players”; Manchester City and Chelsea have too many players."

Guest blueboy122

Interesting read from Jan Molby (even though he predicts a Liverpool win)...

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/jan-molby/everton-miss-creative-duo-merseyside-derby-153956392.html

Also has a different view on our "depth" than most...

"Liverpool are one of the few teams contending for a top-four place where you can say there are blatant gaps in the squad. Now that Emmanuel Adebayor is back to his best, you could even argue that Tottenham no longer need a striker; Everton have strength in depth all over the park; Arsenal may have lost Theo Walcott for the season but, as Arsene Wenger joked, they “have 17 wide players”; Manchester City and Chelsea have too many players."

Don't expect anything less from these Kopite pundits. Already making excuses for themselves before a ball is kicked because they are unnerved and an upset might be on the cards because we are going to attack them for the first time in years.

How little does Jan know of our squad it's almost embarrassing the way these so called pundits come out with statements like this.

Trying to play the victim card as usual.. Liverpool being hard done to etc.

Liverpool's biggest weakness is their defence, with wide players and a direct approach they will be pulled in all directions. Look at the way Villa got at them, not for the first time

and RM will put his team out to do just that. It will also mean Smelly Git will be run of his feet in his 'quarter back' role., which he doesn't have the pace for. My only worry is that

'Skelator and his crew' are allowed to pull, haul and foul without being 'seen' by the man-in-black, again. Also that 'The Diver' is allowed to get away with his theatrical actions

and manages to con free kicks and penalties.

Suarez needs to have an average day. If he does I think we will beat them. This could be the day that defines the season. Win this and our confidence will soar long enough for us to take another 15 points quickly. That would be vital for the season. If we loose it will be tougher, this truely is a 6 point match. We have injuries but so do they so thats not an excuse.

Key players - back 4 and Tim along with Mirallas, Lukaku and perhaps even McGeady. (What a day it would be for him if he plays well, he could cement himself in the heart of every supporter. Im sure he is aware of that and will go at them) i just hope Barkley doesnt pick up another knock.

Likely line-ups :

Simon Mignolet ........... Tim Howard

Kolo Touré ..................Tony Hibbert

Martin Kelly ..................Leighton Baines

Martin Skrtel................. Phil Jagielka

John Flanagan............. John Stones

Steven Gerrard ........... James McCarthy

Philippe Coutinho......... Gareth Barry

Jordan Henderson........ Leon Osman

Daniel Sturridge ...........Steven Naismith

Raheem Sterling........... Kevin Mirallas

Luis Suarez...................Romelu Lukaku

Edited by Bill

Exactly this.

Full squad, we could have them. Problem is our key players and players that can make a difference offensively (Ross/Pienaar/Deulofeu) and defensively (Coleman/Distin) are all out.

They still have Suarez, Sturridge, Gerrard fit. Coutinho may play.

So the negativity comes from that.

Guest blueboy122

Suarez needs to have an average day. If he does I think we will beat them. This could be the day that defines the season. Win this and our confidence will soar long enough for us to take another 15 points quickly. That would be vital for the season. If we loose it will be tougher, this truely is a 6 point match. We have injuries but so do they so thats not an excuse.

Key players - back 4 and Tim along with Mirallas, Lukaku and perhaps even McGeady. (What a day it would be for him if he plays well, he could cement himself in the heart of every supporter. Im sure he is aware of that and will go at them) i just hope Barkley doesnt pick up another knock.

There injuries are no where near as important as ours.

Surely Alcaraz has to be available by now? RM said it was muscle fatigue and he needed a couple of weeks' rest, which he's had now. Jags was taken off as a precaution on Saturday so I'd be surprised if he missed out too. I'm hoping this is all mind games and we'll see a near full-strength side tonight!

I reckon the team tonight will be:

Howard, Hibbert, Stones, Jags, Baines, McCarthy, Barry, Kev, Barkley, Pienaar, Lukaku.

Barkley will play with injection to his toe. Pienaar is meant to be back and Jags was precautionary apparently. Unsure if Distin is back though, I think he is more of a doubt than Jags.

If that team is right i would be fairly confident in getting a win only issue is whether Stones can cope with that quality attack the shite has. It will be a big night for Barry and McCarthy protecting him and also hibbert from their wide men.

Their defence is poor and Lucas is a huge miss for them, get at them early (like Villa) we can cause problems to that back four and midfield.

I think they will line up - Mingolet, Flannagan, Toure, Skrtle, Cissoko, Gerrard, Henderson, Allen, Coutinho, Sturridge, Suarez - (maybe Sterling for countinho to provide cover for flannagan)