IGNORED

Summer Transfer Window

Because we have so many voids to fill for next season. And on top of that the players need pre season to play together...

voids? really?

Our stand out performers last season were Barry, McCarthy, Coleman and Lukaku. 3 of the 4 were signed in the last 2 hours of the transfer window. I stand by my statement; far too early to worry

It's floating around this morning that Ba has said himself that he turned down a move to us.

Makes me wonder now...are we after Lukaku? If we are, does going after Ba as well hint at the size of our kitty?

Hmmmmmm.

Well we should have a very large transfer kitty this summer. Martinez said he didn't spend in January because he was saving it to go big this summer, and the TV money has increased massively, gate receipts were up last season etc, and we should have had some sort of transfer kitty before all that as well.

The business we do this summer will tell us a lot.

voids? really?

Our stand out performers last season were Barry, McCarthy, Coleman and Lukaku. 3 of the 4 were signed in the last 2 hours of the transfer window. I stand by my statement; far too early to worry

Yes, I agree, however last season was last season and this season is this season.

Last season we didnt need to bring in this many players in order to rotate the squad for European football.

If we sign 8 players on the last day of the season it would have a detremental effect than if we would sign them 4 weeks before the season starts.

Furthermore, look at who you've just listen. Proven Premier League players. Yes, we might sign 1 or 2 Premier League players, however, we will mostly be signing players from forign leagues who aren't adapted to the Premier League and the English style of play, the earlier we bring them in the sooner they can adapt and get comfortble to life in England and at Everton.

We have a big changes in the squad coming this summer, which is why i firmly stand by my point that it is vital we get most of our business done as soon as possible.

Edited by AidanLewis

Yes, I agree, however last season was last season and this season is this season.

Last season we didnt need to bring in this many players in order to rotate the squad for European football.

If we sign 8 players on the last day of the season it would have a detremental effect than if we would sign them 4 weeks before the season starts.

Furthermore, look at who you've just listen. Proven Premier League players. Yes, we might sign 1 or 2 Premier League players, however, we will mostly be signing players from forign leagues who aren't adapted to the Premier League and the English style of play, the earlier we bring them in the sooner they can adapt and get comfortble to life in England and at Everton.

We have a big changes in the squad coming this summer, which is why i firmly stand by my point that it is vital we get most of our business done as soon as possible.

Im not disagreeing, Im just saying voids isnt close to correct, we have 2 players for every position if you include the youngsters.

I've already said (think it was to Romey) that bringing players in earlier is a nice to have rather than essential, but I do see why people say that. Fair point on the proven EPL players too, not thought about it like that, but the point remains - our best business was done at the end of the TDD with players and I imagine financially. An alternative is to over pay for average players, I'd rather we take our time and be sure, no matter how frustrating it is.

Im not disagreeing, Im just saying voids isnt close to correct, we have 2 players for every position if you include the youngsters.

I've already said (think it was to Romey) that bringing players in earlier is a nice to have rather than essential, but I do see why people say that. Fair point on the proven EPL players too, not thought about it like that, but the point remains - our best business was done at the end of the TDD with players and I imagine financially. An alternative is to over pay for average players, I'd rather we take our time and be sure, no matter how frustrating it is.

In my opinion, although they do fill a void, that's not nearly good enough for Europe.

We will have to wait and see, hopefully we will bring in lots of numbers who are very very good players for very very little money! I trust Martinez judgmentally and financially. I see what you mean about rushing into deals in which we would over pay for, that wouldn't be ideal!

I'm waiting for this Besic deal to be announced, £4m would be a steal! We need lots of deals like this potential one!

Anyone else think we maybe holding out for Lukaku, as we don't want to show our hand to the transfer market?

Say we go out and buy someone like Lukaku, reports say "£18m up front", Everton have just shown any potential suitors that they have money.

Everton like to be shrewd, get value for money, wonder whether it's us who are waiting, so that other deals aren't affected>? So that prices aren't suddenly changed?

I'm trying to find reason.

Anyone else think we maybe holding out for Lukaku, as we don't want to show our hand to the transfer market?

Say we go out and buy someone like Lukaku, reports say "£18m up front", Everton have just shown any potential suitors that they have money.

Everton like to be shrewd, get value for money, wonder whether it's us who are waiting, so that other deals aren't affected>? So that prices aren't suddenly changed?

IMO there is no question that is part of it. This is why it drives me crazy when everyone complains about a lack of signings. Clubs that can afford to overpay buy early, Everton are simply not one of those clubs. It's a pretty simple business principle, don't overplay your hand. If you pay 20m for Lukaku now the other 4-5 players' prices you are trying to sign go up. Sign lower targets first at a better value and Lukaku for 20m as your last bit of business. Money well spent.

Maybe we do this, spend the £18m up front, then other clubs will think Everton haven't got much money left now they spent it all on Lukaku. So we can't have them off for big money now.

Sell borini for 14 mil and buy Remy for 8.5 mil. Some serious business that.

Hit the neg by accident was supposed to hit green -_-

Fully agree sell an average at best player for a potential 15/20 a season man with plenty of spare change.

Shame as I'd have liked him here he's the type of player that we need imo and I wouldn't class him as a mercenary he's had six clubs in eight years two of those being loans and progressive moves and let's face it the shambles that QPR were when they dropped a player of his quality is unlikely to stick around for a shit side in a league he's too good for.

I hope we're still looking to bring in those 6 or 7 new players Martinez first spoke about, rather than lessening it to just these four signings he speaks about.

Edit - On the other hand, we're struggling to get one through the door so maybe four would be a phenomenal achievement.

Edited by Romey 1878

I hope we're still looking to bring in those 6 or 7 new players Martinez first spoke about, rather than lessening it to just these four signings he speaks about.

Edit - On the other hand, we're struggling to get one through the door so maybe four would be a phenomenal achievement.

Yeah I agree, its all starting to sound suspiciously like the January transfer window

Bobby said before then that he wouldnt let Jelavic or Hietinga go without replacements and also said we were going to add a CF and CM and it all ended up being bollocks.

I just hope this policy of putting all our eggs in one basket and waiting for Lukaku doesnt back fire on us

The fact that he keeps mentioning the younger players makes me a firm believer we ain't getting 6-7 players in.

The fact that he keeps mentioning the younger players makes me a firm believer we ain't getting 6-7 players in.

I've been saying exactly this for a couple of weeks now. He keeps referring to the youth and developing them this season. I honestly believe there is next to no money and that's partly why the Lukaku deal is stalling because we can't meet Chelseas valuation and also why there is a distinct lack of other transfer activity. We're 2 down on last seasons squad as we stand right now with a much more congested fixture list yet there seems to be no activity at all. We're barely linked with anyone!

I think it'll be a marquee signing (bit like when Felliani signed) and maybe this Besic lad and that will be it other than Traore and a winger both on loan.

I wouldn't mind of wr came out and stated our intentions as building for the future.

If Rm came out with a plan to build from the youth up and a possible four year plan then I would be quite happy for us to hoard the cash to pay of debt.

Just tell us!

I think we are linked with plenty...just check out the 'rumours with a link' section. I looked last night, the list of names is daft. Slowly, one by one, the best picks are being locked.

I'm still calm, but feeling more curious. The only thing I want us to avoid is paying too much for someone.

As for the youth, this should be no surprise to any of us. He spoke about the importance of youth development from day one. It seems to be one of his priorities. And why not, it's important when your a bit skint!!

I wouldn't mind of wr came out and stated our intentions as building for the future.

If Rm came out with a plan to build from the youth up and a possible four year plan then I would be quite happy for us to hoard the cash to pay of debt.

Just tell us!

Im pretty sure a number of his early and later interviews mention youth development?