IGNORED

Official Positivity thread 14/15

MikeO

I'd still be being positive if we were in the Conference north :).

Glad some of the guys on here didn't have to live through the seventies/early eighties; they'd have hung themselves :lol:.

Don't think they were as bad as the 90s Mike, I lived through both. Admittedly we were poor but some of those 90s days were very dark mate.

On a positive note we're better now than we were then.

The players are still united as a team. See them celebrate jags goal? Together. As one. Jags banging the badge on his chest.

These players are committed to doing well for the club.

And Martinez will turn this blip around. Why? Because the players have his back. See jags run to him after the goal? When the players are not only together as a team but also support their manager...its a winning ingredient.

Players brought in did really well.

Besic made a few mistakes bit overall looked pretty good and always turned forward... Despite some people's assistance that he has no offensive ability ;-)

Browning looked solid.

Defence looked pretty good and as Rm pointed out, it could change the momentum of our season. A good result Thursday and a point the weekend and suddenly the season starts to look different.

This is the point where we see what Martinez has got.

Best derby goal since Sharp at Anfield?

Evertonians will still be watching that (probably the full sized holographic version) when we're all dead and buried :).

I thought that actually :lol:

Whilst it wasn't a win yesterday, a goal at the death might be as good as a win in terms of momentum and confidence, especially since it was our captain.

Best derby goal since Sharp at Anfield?

Evertonians will still be watching that (probably the full sized holographic version) when we're all dead and buried :).

Definitely since, still not as good as Shapies though, it'll take something much specialer than that to beat THAT goal.

Think for sheer elation though Jags as it was a last minute equiliser was probably more intense.

Think for sheer elation though Jags as it was a last minute equiliser was probably more intense.

Wife was actually frightened by the intensity of my lads' celebration (call him a "lad" but he's eighteen now); I had to peel him off the ceiling and gently encourage her out from behind the sofa :lol:.

Imagine if that little flick from Barry had gone in, dreamland.

Wife was actually frightened by the intensity of my lads' celebration (call him a "lad" but he's eighteen now); I had to peel him off the ceiling and gently encourage her out from behind the sofa :lol:.

Imagine if that little flick from Barry had gone in, dreamland.

If that had of gone in I think I'd of probably trashed the house and set fire to it with excitement. That or dropped dead of a heart attack.

Guest millwallforever

Remember: football is just a game. Go read a book and reflect on all the good things life has to offer.

Edited by millwallforever

Remember: football is just a game. Go read a book and reflect on all the good things life has to offer.

Exactly. I've just watched the game round at my wife's mums n dad's. With my 3 year old. Game finishes...carry the wee man home on my shoulders...he's nodded off on my knee. Cute.

There's more to life...just got to put it in perspective.

Football is not just a game. If it was then god would not have made the earth, sun and moon in the same shape as a football.

Positives, really good second half. Substitutions that made a difference.

Opposition celebrating like they had just won against a top side.

Pineaar back...for a little :-(

Defence improving.