IGNORED

Official Positivity thread 14/15

MikeO

• 2 weeks later...

Fuck me, lets not get carried away here eh. We're also only a couple of defeats off bottom 3.

We've had a woeful start and we've won 2 on the trot. One swallow does not make a summer.

Lets just take it one game at a time is my train of thought.

But that's what happened at the start of the season but in reverse.

I agree we should wait and see how well we are doing later in the season but you can have one rule for one and not for the other.

I agree we should wait and see how well we are doing later in the season but you can have one rule for one and not for the other.

Exactly.

We are finding our way. Keeping it tighter at the back. Starting to score some. Players coming back from injury. Europa looking good so far.

Momentum is building. Steadily.

What I'm saying is, just because we've won 2 on the trot doesn't mean all our problems are over. Our terrible start is still weighing heavilly and it's going to take a very good run to make it a distant memery.

Anyway, way to go Baily I'm gonna get sent off now :(

What I'm saying is, just because we've won 2 on the trot doesn't mean all our problems are over. Our terrible start is still weighing heavilly and it's going to take a very good run to make it a distant memery.

Haha yeh I do agree with you Paddock its too early to get carried away again as its the Everton way to get a kick in the teeth when you least expect it!

The interesting thing about the league this year is that every team bar Chelsea (Utd aside) are dropping points in winnable games. We might have cocked up the start but so have many other teams. Missed opportunity but in terms of being in the hunt for the top 4 we are still bang there.

Somewhat of an Everton speciality that mate ;)

Anyway, my initial point was more poking fun at those who were saying challenging the bottom 4 because of the reaction to disappointing start. We've got 6 points from 2 games and only playing City from last years top 4 clubs until after Christmas. Only concerns are Spurs and Southampton but by the time we play them we should be on a role:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/teams/everton/fixtures

In fact, looking at that, we don't have an on-paper tough run of games until February!

First 5 games of the season, conceded 13 goals and 1 clean sheet.

Last 5 games conceded 4 goals and 2 clean sheets.

Let's see how we go from now on. Can a Martinez team defend? Can we start finding the back of the net? Only a few points off the coveted top 4.

We're getting there.