IGNORED

Oumar Niasse

3:08

NIASSE AT EVERTON?

Everton are edging closer to the deadline day signing of Oumar Niasse after the Lokomotiv Moscow striker arrived on Merseyside for a medical, according to the Press Association.

The Toffees have had a bid, believed to be £13.5m, accepted for the 25-year-old Senegal international and the report suggests he is currently at the club's Finch Farm training ground to discuss personal terms and have a medical.

Niasse has scored 12 goals in 21 Russian Premier League matches this season and would come in as a replacement for Steven Naismith, who was sold to Norwich for £8.5m earlier in the window.

Blimey, she's keen!

Lives in Manchester a report said the other day, so I suppose she has reason to get excited.

Dunc, I clicked on a link listed below that article - http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/five-excellent-tweets-explaining-evertons-move-for-lokomotiv-moscow-striker-oumar-niasse/

This doesn't sound too great....

Oh no aha.

He sounds like most African players then tbh. Edited by Romey 1878

On Youtube highlights seems to know what he's doing and I did not see any "weird technics". Pretty basic but effective stuff.

It is hilarious however that this guy seems to shoot as soon as he has the chance when this team almost never shoots and always goes for the extra pass.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. I can either see him turning out to be a great piece of business or a terrible piece of business.

What I'm hoping for: He's the Naisy replacement. I'm hoping he works hard like Naisy did, finds the back of the net often enough and contributes more to our build up play than Naisy was capable of. If he can be a more well-rounded version of Naisy, I'll be happy.

Let's not build him up too big before he's even pulled on the shirt.

Wonder if any of our fans have been to anne summers ready for Alan Irwin later on... I thought he would go mad about that, he was pretty good about it in fairness, especially considering he's an Red nose. I think him and Vinny O'Connor should do a job swap to cover the teams they support.

Wonder if any of our fans have been to anne summers ready for Alan Irwin later on... I thought he would go mad about that, he was pretty good about it in fairness, especially considering he's an Red nose. I think him and Vinny O'Connor should do a job swap to cover the teams they support.

Alan Irwin isn't doing Everton this season.

Your logic that we shouldn't play two attacking wide players with our attacking full-backs. You've gone in about it since last season. So has StevO, so I should say it's yours and StevO's logic really.

ive said that to get the best out of them, you can't have selfish wingers ahead of them. Never have I said sell them?! Edited by Matt

ive said that to get the best out of them, you can't have selfish wingers ahead of them. Never have I said sell them?!

I didn't say you had, but if we wouldn't be able to get the best out of them then we may as well because neither one are particularly good defensively, so they'd be wasted. Or we could not bother buying attacking wide men.

I've said it loads of times that I think it's a load of bollocks. People moan about us always playing two defensive midfielders but then it's argued we need them so we can play attacking football. Then people say we can't use so many attacking players because we need even more people to defend. Wah. Wah. Whinge. Whinge. Stifle. Stifle.

Against the majority of sides we could and should be playing our best players.

Well we've bought him, and Geri, to play. So, if we're going by your logic we should sell both Coleman and Baines because neither one is great defensively.

I didn't say you had, but if we wouldn't be able to get the best out of them then we may as well because neither one are particularly good defensively, so they'd be wasted. Or we could not bother buying attacking wide men.

I've said it loads of times that I think it's a load of bollocks. People moan about us always playing two defensive midfielders but then it's argued we need them so we can play attacking football. Then people say we can't use so many attacking players because we need even more people to defend. Wah. Wah. Whinge. Whinge. Stifle. Stifle.

Against the majority of sides we could and should be playing our best players.

You can see where I got confused ;)

I maintain that we need link up players to get the best out of our FBs, but if having wingers gives us a different option.

Looking at this guy though, if we're going to get him in the team, we might well be going 4141 which would be nice!

Your logic that we shouldn't play two attacking wide players with our attacking full-backs. You've gone in about it since last season. So has StevO, so I should say it's yours and StevO's logic really.

I've not said we shouldn't, I just understand why he doesn't. I'd love to see two flying wingers and two flying full backs, but have to have two sitting midfielders if you do.

edit:

I also like wide players to act as a pivot for the full back, like Pienaar did for years with Baines, and I expected to see Cleverley do with him too. But strange that its never been tried on the right with Coleman.

On topic though, I'm looking forward to seeing this guy play.

Edited by StevO

Anyone know anything about him?

The video doesn't fill me with confidence, he seemed to trip and stumble over a lot of balls or get lucky from some nightmare defensive errors.

Really does remind me of Kone the way he controls balls coming into him, but Kone looks much more assured.

Not sure on this one.