IGNORED

At what point do we say we are in a relegation dogfight?

I have a different way of looking at things to some... 

Take lukaku as an example - I never just looked at goals.  I looked at general play and how he linked etc. 

It' like us now.... we won against West ham 4-0 on the basis that they were more shite than us. I believe today was the same.

Similar to our ex striker - put us up against credible opponents and we look far from what we need to be.. 

Sorry for the Rom link but yeah....

Like I've said, I never really bother with relegation fights at this part of the season, so is it normal for more than half the table to be in a relegation fight?

No I wouldn’t say it’s normal, but there are a lot of shite teams in the Prem this year, ourselves included

Any 3 from 10th down could easily be relegated

10 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Right we've established that West Ham and Huddersfield are worse than us as mentioned so it's us and them two then, not a chance and if anyone really believes were relegation candidates I'll take your money if you want a wager.

Won't be investing. I'm out.

55 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

No I wouldn’t say it’s normal, but there are a lot of shite teams in the Prem this year, ourselves included

Any 3 from 10th down could easily be relegated

You reckon? Crazy that.

Usually as the season goes on though you find a handul of teams will battle it out. The table seems to split into 3 mini leagues....so to speak.

Just now, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

It wouldn’t be the first time a mid table team gets sucked in at the last minute and went down

Yeah of course.

I used to look at it a lot earlier, like when I was in my teens in the mid to late nineties...but that was because we really were in it year after year!!!

4 hours ago, Newty82 said:

Oooh too early Matt, too early!

I'm waiting for a few more games before I pipe up about it!!!

Oh I know, I’m being flippant. It’s not too early to start the relegation discussion, but is to play it down after 6 points from 2 games putting us top half 8 points from the drop zone, 69 points to play for, with a transfer window coming up and finally sense of stability in the management role

5 hours ago, nogs said:

Yeah we probably did. But christ we've played some relegation football this season. 

Absolutely, and we have done before early season but it’s always been turned around. 

Dont get me wrong, I completely understand the fear and reasoning, it was mindnumbing shite for weeks and months on end. I have feared on occasion that this would be it, but then I look at the big picture and I’m assured. 

Anyway, didn’t think so many people would bite :lol: fucking hell, you lot are a bit sensitive at the moment :P

12 hours ago, Palfy said:

Right we've established that West Ham and Huddersfield are worse than us as mentioned so it's us and them two then, not a chance and if anyone really believes were relegation candidates I'll take your money if you want a wager.

You want to bet that we aren't relegation candidates?  We are as many points from 2 places above as we are from the drop zone.

As stated above... any one of 10 teams can go down based on levels of performance and points accrued. We are in that 10. 

2 wins and some people seem to think we are ok now.... we've been absolutely shite and still are. We got twatted by Southampton 4-0.... 

I'm not betting on it as I'm not betting that Everton have to get in a shite predicament to profit from it. 

Just take it from me - we are as bad as any team ever will have been after spending a shit load of money. The squad needs seriously sorting out.

Williams - out

Jags - out

Baines - out

Coleman - back up required

Schneiderlin - sell the gutless coward and replace

Klaasen - not good enough

Sandro - may not be good enough - give a chance. 

Striker needed. 

11 minutes ago, hafnia said:

You want to bet that we aren't relegation candidates?  We are as many points from 2 places above as we are from the drop zone.

As stated above... any one of 10 teams can go down based on levels of performance and points accrued. We are in that 10. 

2 wins and some people seem to think we are ok now.... we've been absolutely shite and still are. We got twatted by Southampton 4-0.... 

I'm not betting on it as I'm not betting that Everton have to get in a shite predicament to profit from it. 

Just take it from me - we are as bad as any team ever will have been after spending a shit load of money. The squad needs seriously sorting out.

Williams - out

Jags - out

Baines - out

Striker needed. 

So how long of a run do you need convincing? End of January and see how we are? 

7 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Williams - out

Jags - out

Baines - out

Striker needed. 

I think everyone on here would agree that we are shit considering the amount of money spent, but not everyone would agree we are in a relegation fight and that's where we differ you do and I don't, and we could argue that point until the cows come home you won't change your stance and I won't change mine, so let time decide who is right or wrong cause we can't.

36 minutes ago, Matt said:

So how long of a run do you need convincing? End of January and see how we are? 

We will know more after 10 more games for sure but you can't expect this paceless shambles of a team to suddenly turn solid.

We are fragile... you can see it in the players.  Fortunately the league is shite enough for us to potentially get enough points. Butvwecard no way near out of danger and will not be till we get 40 points. Yep.... that bad. 

10 hours ago, Matt said:

Oh I know, I’m being flippant. It’s not too early to start the relegation discussion, but is to play it down after 6 points from 2 games putting us top half 8 points from the drop zone, 69 points to play for, with a transfer window coming up and finally sense of stability in the management role

Oh yeah for sure, a lot of irony in this discussion.

3 hours ago, hafnia said:

We will know more after 10 more games for sure but you can't expect this paceless shambles of a team to suddenly turn solid.

We are fragile... you can see it in the players.  Fortunately the league is shite enough for us to potentially get enough points. Butvwecard no way near out of danger and will not be till we get 40 points. Yep.... that bad. 

Oh I don’t expect things to magically get better. But I’ve seen improvement since Unsworth took over (a lot of the same old shit too) and the last two wins have been winning ugly - something for me that is reassuring. 

Anyway, i said judging before end of January was premature and I stick by that. Let’s just enjoy 6 points from 6 available in the last 2 games and all calm down a bit ;)

8 hours ago, Paddock said:

We had that horrendous run didn’t we. Thing is we kicked on massively after that. I don’t think this squad has it in them to do that.

But it's the same squad minus Lukaku and Barkley??? Counteract a bit of that with Bolasie coming back. Counteract it a little bit more with the addition of Rooney and Sigurdsson, both showing a bit more with each game. Rooney, incidently, is only 1 league goal behind Lukaku (mad that, isn't it?!).

I suppose the backline has aged another year...although it seems like 5...but counteract that with the addition of Keane (Allardyce will get the best from him), the emergence of Kenny and the growing maturity of Holgate. Plus you've got Pickford in there too.

I dont see how this squad, overall, is worse than last seasons. Proper shite start to the season, diabolical in fact, and still plenty of work to do but, bar the upcoming derby (too soon, too soon!!!), there shouldn't be many big problems coming up.

Just my view of course.

• 2 weeks later...