Sign in to follow this  
markjazzbassist

Bournemouth (Home) Sunday January 13th

39 minutes ago, MikeO said:

DwyyL3OW0AIo_WB.jpg:large

That is actually a really strong team even without Wilson.

Fraser, King, Brooks, Lerma and Ake are quality players and the signing of Clyne will improve them too. Their 3 in midfield are more productive from an attacking point of view. Even Stanislas is a productive player.

The good news is that they arent productive in defensive areas so we should create chances and we HAVE to start putting them away. I suspect we will have to score at least 2 to win this game.

6 minutes ago, Bailey said:

That is actually a really strong team even without Wilson.

Fraser, King, Brooks, Lerma and Ake are quality players and the signing of Clyne will improve them too. Their 3 in midfield are more productive from an attacking point of view. Even Stanislas is a productive player.

The good news is that they arent productive in defensive areas so we should create chances and we HAVE to start putting them away. I suspect we will have to score at least 2 to win this game.

Stanislas seems to score against us all the time. 

We're a mess at the back. Why had Zouma come so far out to the left then? Coleman left Fraser in acres but he had to fill in the space in the middle. 

Gueye a bit lucky there. Definitely a free kick and booking.  Dont think the 2nd was a pen though. Has to win the ball with a challenge like that.

Gomes heading one back into the middle as well. 

Bernard playing like a full back he is that deep.

Really isnt a good start.

Bournemouth have seen other teams come here and do a job on us, they fancy they can do the same and Howe is a shrewd manager.  We're miles ahead of where we were under Fat Sam, but it is worrying that Marco very often, even home, sets his teams up in both shape and tactics to be exploited by the visitors.

They're taking the piss out of us here.

Need one of our players to seek the ball, calm everyone down and settle the game down for us, a bit of leadership, but I don't think we have anyone like that.

If Sigurdsson doesn't improve I'd sub him for DCL at half time, stick Richarlison out wide coz once again he's anonymous up front, and play Bernard off the front. Impressed with Lookman so far, makes you wonder how Walcott has had so many games. 

Don't know what formation we and they are playing, but they have had the extra man everywhere since kick off.

When are we going to just start to try do the basics and keep the ball for a bit, rather than these flicks and fannying about?

Well, we’re effectively playing with 10 men

put Gylfi up front, Richarlison on the wing and Bernard inside. At least Gylfi with put an effort in and stretch the defence

We seem to have Gueye and Gomes constantly pulling into the FB position to receive the ball. We have no-one central for the pass and If we lose the ball they are so far out of position.

The full backs need to stop getting so far forward so quickly.

In more positive news that was a great counter and final ball from Lookman. Shame about the header from Bernie.

1 minute ago, Palfy said:

This is as bad as anything I witnessed last season.

Thinking exactly the same. Struggling to see where the 'progress' is. This is abysmal in every department. 

Just now, Palfy said:

This is as bad as anything I witnessed last season.

Incredibly bad.

Gomes hasn't held on to it once both had Gylfi.

Pickford has been as poor as you can be without conceding. The defenders have lost confidence in him.  Doesn't help when he tells them to fuck off.

Better just then....