IGNORED

Rumours without a Link

There's always a point in having class players, especially if they didn't cost you an arm and a leg. However, I agree with your second part. An engine, box to box player is key for us moving forward (imo). Someone who has all the traits to slip into roles all the way through the spine (DM, CM, AM (if needed)).

There's plenty of those players around, problem is, they're always the 'heartbeat' of teams and usually cost the most money.

I was saying this more in relevance to our currently situation. Having two strong DM's in the first 11 would be going the Stoke way of things in my mind and the alternative reason for bringing in that sort of player would be for a Fellaini back up. I'd rather not waste wages and a transfer fee on that sort of player, when a more rounded box-to-box mid could cover a few roles in the team.

On your last line I'd honestly just put in another bid for Fer. He's had his head turned (we're finally not on the receiving end :P) and seems the best at that role of the folks we've been linked with.

I was saying this more in relevance to our currently situation. Having two strong DM's in the first 11 would be going the Stoke way of things in my mind and the alternative reason for bringing in that sort of player would be for a Fellaini back up. I'd rather not waste wages and a transfer fee on that sort of player, when a more rounded box-to-box mid could cover a few roles in the team.

On your last line I'd honestly just put in another bid for Fer. He's had his head turned (we're finally not on the receiving end :P) and seems the best at that role of the folks we've been linked with.

don't real madrid play with two deep midfielders?

Indeed, as well as many other teams do in these days of the 4-2-3-1 formation. I was responding to Avin's thoughts about needing another strong defensive midfielder. Reading back on the quote though I assumed he meant physicality-wise, not based on overall ability, so that could be my mistake there.

I'd quite like to see us push Miralles forward to play upfront with a partner and bring in a right winger.

Given we're looking for a 20 goal a season forward and Miralles is excellent in front of goal and has an excllent scoring record previous to Everton, I can;t see why we wouldn't to be honest.

Chelsea about to sign Schurrle. - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22434908

Surely one of their young attacking mids will be up for sale??? Too many players that are much of a much-ness.

Hazard

Mata

De Bryune

Piazon

Moses

Marin

Would you...?

I'd love to nab Marin and I think he'll be a definite out in the coming months.

Chelsea about to sign Schurrle. - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22434908

Surely one of their young attacking mids will be up for sale??? Too many players that are much of a much-ness.

Hazard

Mata

De Bryune

Piazon

Moses

Marin

Would you...?

De Bryune would be amazing, but i think he's close to joining Dortmund...Or so i heard

De Bryune would be amazing, but i think he's close to joining Dortmund...Or so i heard

Leverkusen wanted to include a loan deal for him in a deal for Schürrle. Dortmund wanted him on an a permanent transfer and according to Dortmund's director of football De Bruyne only wanted to come to Dortmund, which is why the Schürrle deal took so long. But now Mourinho has come in and apparently he wants De Bruyne to be part of the squad next season.

I think they should play him in the middle next to a defensive midfielder. Continue to phase Lampard out of the team. We wouldn't be able to get him even if we wanted him on loan though, he wouldn't want to come to a team that doesn't play European football.

Even though he doesn't exactly play in a position that we're lacking depth in (attacking-mid), if there was one kid I'd be willing splash the cash on this transfer window, it'd have to be Dutchman Adam Maher. He's only 19, technically brilliant and already possesses playmaking abilities beyond his years. Some of my Eredivisie following acquaintances have said he's the best Dutch talent since Van der Vaart and Sneijer and will probably be the one to replace them in the NT.

Unfortunately I've also heard he wants to stay in the Netherlands to continue his development as it stands. I reckon he's a damn good bet to replace Eriksen (assuming he leaves) as Ajax's new playmaker.

If he somehow ended up at Everton over the summer I reckon I'd have to take some "private time" over the signing. :P

No way we could afford this kid. I'm guessing it'd take about all of the potential Felli money to buy him. Good looking player though.

Again, talking to my Dutch mates about it they reckon he could go for as little as 8 million euros :blink: But he'll probably end up staying in the Eredivisie, impressing for PSV or Ajax and getting a big money move in a couple of years a la Suarez.

Hopefully we don't pay too much, for someone who has ultimately been just a flash in the pan. Don't get me wrong, a talented one but with only a (nearly) full season under his belt, at Championship level, he's got to do a littlr more before I can gauge whether he'll be good enough for a top 10 prem team.

I don't know much about him. He couldn't get in Club Brugge's team last season though. He was just 20 years old at the time though. He looks good on Youtube :D

He was only 19 during his loan spell at Brugge.

Hopefully we don't pay too much, for someone who has ultimately been just a flash in the pan. Don't get me wrong, a talented one but with only a (nearly) full season under his belt, at Championship level, he's got to do a littlr more before I can gauge whether he'll be good enough for a top 10 prem team.

Usually I would agree, but he has great speed, and I get excited by young players who are productive at a solid level. Rumors are that Udinese rejected a bid of £8m. If that's true then I would leave him for someone else, but he seems to have the ability to be a very good Prem player.

Could say the same about Mcmanaman, and look how many fans are desperate to sign him