IGNORED

Longest Thread!

Ian

Three times tonight my car alarm has gone off; few minutes ago it went off again so I got in and started it up to try and find the problem. Cause was a moth getting in somehow, swatted the blighter at the third attempt, car alarms are useless; nobody ever takes a blind bit of notice of them anyway.

14 hours ago, MikeO said:

Three times tonight my car alarm has gone off; few minutes ago it went off again so I got in and started it up to try and find the problem. Cause was a moth getting in somehow, swatted the blighter at the third attempt, car alarms are useless; nobody ever takes a blind bit of notice of them anyway.

My alarm guy said the main purpose of an alarm is to scare away the thief rather than call attention from other people.  I asked him because the siren I have inside my house produces twice as many decibels as the one on the outside. 

3 hours ago, holystove said:

My alarm guy said the main purpose of an alarm is to scare away the thief rather than call attention from other people.  I asked him because the siren I have inside my house produces twice as many decibels as the one on the outside. 

Why would the thief be scared if he knows everyone will ignore it?

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Why would the thief be scared if he knows everyone will ignore it?

He's already on edge because he's doing something illegal, adding 100+ decibels creates a sensory overload.  Same reason a lot of alarms trigger lights to flash on and off inside a house.

Thief gets confused and runs.

At least, that's the theory.

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

It’s state dependent isn’t it? I know AZ doesn’t change theirs. 

About bloody time, it’s a pain in the arse this changing of the clocks

I walked past a child, maybe 3 or 4 years old and her mother yesterday.

Mother: Well, I don't know that toy, maybe it's an American toy you've seen on Youtube.
Child: No it's not, it's a toy I made up. I made it up, mum.

The fact that a kid so young was watching Youtube surprised me. 

3 hours ago, Louis said:

I walked past a child, maybe 3 or 4 years old and her mother yesterday.

Mother: Well, I don't know that toy, maybe it's an American toy you've seen on Youtube.
Child: No it's not, it's a toy I made up. I made it up, mum.

The fact that a kid so young was watching Youtube surprised me. 

If you’re feeling like going down a somewhat disturbing rabbit hole: https://medium.com/@jamesbridle/something-is-wrong-on-the-internet-c39c471271d2

3 hours ago, MikeO said:

Meant to say this yesterday but forgot. Airports (notably UK ones probably) must be the only places you can be at 4.00am and see loads of people eating a full English breakfast washed down with copious amounts of beer. Makes me laugh.

That's why, when I went to work, I always used to go via the Airport.😀

Female logic: we're on holiday (I may have mentioned this) and when the cleaner came round a couple of days ago wife was feeling a bit icky and in bed so I told her not to bother, hence the bin in the kitchen got full. I emptied it and replaced the bin liner with a carrier bag which was, as far as I could see, our only option.

Just went out for a beer (while wife had a nap) and came back to discover she'd found a bin liner and told me that the carrier bag wasn't big enough so she'd put the liner in instead. All makes sense so far until I realise she's not removed the carrier bag but simply put the bin liner inside it:huh:.

• 3 weeks later...

Strange this, as I've said my lad is currently doing voluntary work at a Job Centre in Bristol helping people with little or no computer skills switch from Jobseekers to Universal Credit (and what a total dog's bollocks the government have made of that!) which is all done online. Anyway saw a young woman a couple of days back and he was helping her through and came to place of birth question and she answered Southmead which was a bit amusing it itself because that was the name of the hospital rather than Bristol which was the answer they wanted. Next question date of birth she said 12th June 1996; the strange part to it is that Josh was born in Southmead hospital on 11th June 1996:D.

17 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I’m in Singapore 8:30am and it’s 30degrees and humid so just having my 2nd bottle of Tiger to try and cool down not working so I could need a couple more much to the discuss of my missus who doesn’t seem to agree with liquid breakfast 

9:16p here in america, having a few brews, listening to some really soulful jazz music, meditating, pondering life.  enjoy singapore my friend

18 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

9:16p here in america, having a few brews, listening to some really soulful jazz music, meditating, pondering life.  enjoy singapore my friend

Thanks Mark,  sounds like your in a deep place hope you come up with the right answers to your ponderings, and if not your enjoy the beers and music so all’s good either way 👍

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Thanks Mark,  sounds like your in a deep place hope you come up with the right answers to your ponderings, and if not your enjoy the beers and music so all’s good either way 👍

although i post a lot on here, in "real life" i'm a massive introvert, spend most of the day in my head.  i'm a thinker (cue the laughs about posts on here don't reflect that) and quiet time to myself is how i recharge.

on holiday in singapore or work function?

11 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

although i post a lot on here, in "real life" i'm a massive introvert, spend most of the day in my head.  i'm a thinker (cue the laughs about posts on here don't reflect that) and quiet time to myself is how i recharge.

on holiday in singapore or work function?

Holiday, here for 3 nights then Sydney Brisbane Cairns for just over 3 weeks then 10 nights in Bali to recharge the batteries and chill out. 

Totally understand where your coming from Mark I can be quite up and down with my expressions and emotions even with my own family to the extent they think I’m moody or miserable, but sometimes I just go into myself and like a bit of solitude and space to be with my own thoughts, which if I’m honest I really enjoy it’s like a release and freedom from life’s everyday mundane things. 

All the best Mr Grumpy 😀

If anyone is interested, I've spent a little time tweaking the suite I composed a couple of years ago for two choirs, four soloists, and percussion. It's in six movements, each representing a different phase of our river, the Chattahoochee. The only words sung are the four syllables: Chat-ta-hoo-chee. I've added pictures in SoundCloud so you can appreciate each of these phases. The suite will be rather difficult to sing, and I don't have the contacts to convince local conductors to take the risk in attempting a work by a total unknown. Still, most of the fun came from writing it, hearing it in my head, and now hearing an approximation produced by the freebie composition program I used. Anyway, for anyone into classical music and with almost 27 minutes to spare, here's a link. (Not what you expected on an Everton football forum, I'm sure. :) )

Flying to Brisbane tomorrow from Sydney staying in the Versace hotel for 3 nights the one they use in I'm a celebrity, got my Everton shirt to wear around the pool COYB I wonder what reception I'll receive from the hooray Henry's, if I'm asked to take it off they will be offended by my full back tattoo of George and the dragon under written with for England, you can't win sometimes.

On 12/10/2018 at 05:32, Palfy said:

Just played my first round of golf 🏌️‍in Australia 🇦🇺 happy 😃 days, very poor front 9 good back 9, borrowed a set of 20 year old Ben Hogan blades fucking hard work 😓 but saved by the cold beers 🍺 

Blades?  They were my first senior set of clubs.... not many pros use them now. Just bought some mizuno jpx 900 forged irons.... tough on bad swings. Rewarding on good. 

1 minute ago, hafnia said:

Blades?  They were my first senior set of clubs.... not many pros use them now. Just bought some mizuno jpx 900 forged irons.... tough on bad swings. Rewarding on good. 

2 of my mates have got them and 1 of them is flying went from 15 to 13 handicap in about 10 weeks, personally I play with  Ping irons and Taylor made woods gone from a 14 to a 19 over the last 15 years not the clubs fault all mine don't play enough you get out what you put in.