IGNORED

Victor Anichebe (Confirmed exit)

If he learns how to control a ball, not fall over, slap the ground, look up and play a pass, not blast the ball over the bar and be able to jump and head it - then I agree, he will be a great striker. As it happens, these things haven't improved in a good 5 years.

6 years to go mate ;)

Arsenal are in for Ba. So we probably wouldnt get a sniff.

As for Anichebe, seriously, get him out of here. Flattered to deceive every year, injury prone, and to get 6m would be fantastic business. This deal might be part of a chain that sees Odemwingie off to Cardiff. Don't think it'll be dependant on that since they still have Vydra Long and Anelka, but I'm assuming the monetary side of it would be partly based on selling Odemwingie.

What do you see in him Ten!?!

Very rarely disagree with your European touts as I have a bit of knowledge of most of the players you suggest as well (granted I know nothing like the amount you do) but I can't get my head round you rating this guy!?

He is built for the Premier League. He's like Adebayor but actually good. Peter Crouch, just more in control.

Tall. Fast. Good in the air. Good with his feet (despite being several miles from his brain). Great positional and player awareness.

Does more work 'off' the ball than he's credited for, by drawing defenders (a lot); which when you're playing a lone striker, is essential in unlocking defenses (ala West Brom or Cardiff).

He has his moments, which aren't so good. His finishing is somewhat questionable (takes too many chances to bury it) but he'd be incredibly useful for his link up play and prowess.

I just like him. Maybe because he's MASSIVE. I don't know. I just think he'd do a good job :)

He is built for the Premier League. He's like Adebayor but actually good. Peter Crouch, just more in control.

Tall. Fast. Good in the air. Good with his feet (despite being several miles from his brain). Great positional and player awareness.

Does more work 'off' the ball than he's credited for, by drawing defenders (a lot); which when you're playing a lone striker, is essential in unlocking defenses (ala West Brom or Cardiff).

He has his moments, which aren't so good. His finishing is somewhat questionable (takes too many chances to bury it) but he'd be incredibly useful for his link up play and prowess.

I just like him. Maybe because he's MASSIVE. I don't know. I just think he'd do a good job :)

Wrong all wrong! :P

Fair enough, never really thought much of him personally. Like you say, reminds me a lot of crouch but when he was at Southampton/Portsmouth not Spurs. Think playing in a poor league makes him look a bit better as well personally. I'm with you on Ab Hernandez though... Then I'd need a change of underwear!

Still can't be believe Arnautovic has gone to bloody Stoke....Would have taken him here definitely. Mentioned him a few times....£2m too :(

I like him too, he's definitely very talented. But he's also been kicked out of Bremen's squad a couple of times for disciplinary problems etc. I don't think it's a coincidence they've let him go for that kind of money.

He has never in his life played as a single striker and he's failed to live up to expectation at Palermo?

Shane Long could be joining Hull apparently.

I'd just go with Koné in the starting XI, Jelavic on the bench and Vellios as the third choice.

What does that have to do with anything? He's young and will develop. Because he hasn't played up top on his own before? Are you really suggesting that as a reason not to sign someone? Jags and Distin hadn't played in a 3-5-2 before...shit better get them out the door. His record for Palermo isn't great I agree but that club had been going down the shitter since pastore left. He's got 7 in 10 for Uruguay and 9 in 11 for the U20's though so it might just be he isn't suited to the league. Seria A football is horrible to watch.

What does that have to do with anything? He's young and will develop. Because he hasn't played up top on his own before? Are you really suggesting that as a reason not to sign someone? Jags and Distin hadn't played in a 3-5-2 before...shit better get them out the door. His record for Palermo isn't great I agree but that club had been going down the shitter since pastore left. He's got 7 in 10 for Uruguay and 9 in 11 for the U20's though so it might just be he isn't suited to the league. Seria A football is horrible to watch.

Of course it matters for strikers! He's a second striker type who plays around a main striker.

Edited by Steve_E

Of course it matters for strikers! He's a second striker type who plays around a main striker.

He's 6ft 1 and has a fair amount of pace. Give me one good reason he couldn't play up top on his own? And not just because you don't think he could. Not that it even matters as we play more of a 4-3-3 when going forward now anyway which is similar to the way Palermo played, With him as the middle man in a front 3.

He's 6ft 1 and has a fair amount of pace. Give me one good reason he couldn't play up top on his own? And not just because you don't think he could. Not that it even matters as we play more of a 4-3-3 when going forward now anyway which is similar to the way Palermo played, With him as the middle man in a front 3.

Because he has never shown he can play with his back to goal.