IGNORED

Victor Anichebe (Confirmed exit)

He was OK on the right, don't go overboard now, Bailey. He's nothing more than a bench player quality, if he's starting games regularly in ANY position then we're scraping the barrel.

Dont get me wrong I certainly dont think he was amazing but he did a job and did it well. He was effective which is what I said in my OP and nothing more. I do agree that he shouldnt be starting, but id certainly give him games from the bench.

he's not so popular..people are angry about saha..people are rimmin beckford..vic is the scapegoat and targeted by all it seems

Exactly

Or maybe people just think Vic has been given enough opportunities by the club to prove his worth and is simply not and never will be good enough and your just rimmin Vic?

Although Beckford is far from the answer to our problems he has in my opinion shown more in the time he's been here then Vic has in 4/5 years and is more deserving of a spot in the starting 11. He's a poor mans Heskey and the sooner we have him off our wage bill the better.

Hes played barely a handfil of games this season! Especially starts. He does well against City (before getting sent off), was average in the other game he started and he did what would have been expected against Bolton. The only other starting chances he got were out wide last year, where as I mentioned above he was effective enough.

I do agree that Beckford should have started however, but thats a gripe with Moyes and not Vic. You cant knock a guy for being picked ahead of someone else ffs...

im not rimmin him..i just think the amount of shit he got after the bolton game was a joke..like i said before you'd have thought he was the only player on the pitch..he was shoved against a strong backline on his own and ran a lot and gets slated for it..his touch isn't great no but when the passes are shite that doesn't help either..he's just a whippin boy at the moment and everyone is gonna jump on him until he scores a hat trick in 2 seconds

Exactly... people go quite when he has a good game and then come back out when the team have a bad game and need to find someone to aim at.

I don't know about any one else, but I certainly haven't only decided he's crap based on the Bolton game. I think he's crap because I've watched him time and time again play crap, and I haven't only just started saying it; I said before the Bolton game I hoped he wouldn't start and I pray to God he doesn't start against Chelsea, or any other side for that matter.

Maybe not but you (and many others) scrutise every little move he makes and if it isnt near perfect then it he gets ripped. He was probably more effective than Cahill (especially considering his 2 big errors) yet he has come under little criticism. Generally Romey, I would say you call it as it is and I wouldnt immediately bracket you in this but a lot of people are waiting for certain players to make mistakes so they can jump on them (vic, bily, yak, heits) yet when one of the fan favourites make mistakes they are glossed over. Similarly when one of the unfashionables does soemthing well they get ignored but when the likes of Cahill etc does something well people are practically jizzing all over them.

From the reports on here you would think Bily, Vic and to some extent Heitinga (and felli - always an odd one out lol) had their worst games for the club and that everything they touched went shit. Imo Cahill was the main culrpit and Coleman a close second (on the pitch at least).

Dont get me wrong I certainly dont think he was amazing but he did a job and did it well. He was effective which is what I said in my OP and nothing more. I do agree that he shouldnt be starting, but id certainly give him games from the bench.

Exactly

Hes played barely a handfil of games this season! Especially starts. He does well against City (before getting sent off), was average in the other game he started and he did what would have been expected against Bolton. The only other starting chances he got were out wide last year, where as I mentioned above he was effective enough.

I do agree that Beckford should have started however, but thats a gripe with Moyes and not Vic. You cant knock a guy for being picked ahead of someone else ffs...

This is not about the Bolton game and if you read what I said 4/5 years not this season and only against Bolton mate, Also I'm not knocking Vic for being picked ahead of Beckford I'm knocking him on having 4/5 years to prove his worth develop and show the willing and hard graft to make it at our club but he's been shite and looked uninterested for the most part.

Now when someone is given multiple opportunities at the club I love and he shows a lack of interest in most of the game's he has played and also spits his dummy out and drops to the ground faster then a prostitutes knickers I have no time for, I would rather save on his wages and give someone who may show willing a chance.

He's not Prem quality and no matter how many weetabix the lad eats he never will be, He does next to nothing when he starts and also when he comes on so what is the point of paying him a very handsome sum?

a lot of people are waiting for certain players to make mistakes so they can jump on them (vic, bily, yak, heits) yet when one of the fan favourites make mistakes they are glossed over.

http://www.toffeetalk.com/index.php?/topic/20487-johnny-heitinga/

Doesn't stack up for me and that's just one example. Also Felli is now a "favourite" having been on the other side for a long time.

I don't think people are scapegoated at all by most on here, and favourites are favourites for a reason.

If TC and Vic both have shit games then TC will possibly get less stick because he's been immense for us year after year and has nothing to prove so has earned a bit of leeway. Unlike Vic.

This is not about the Bolton game and if you read what I said 4/5 years not this season and only against Bolton mate, Also I'm not knocking Vic for being picked ahead of Beckford I'm knocking him on having 4/5 years to prove his worth develop and show the willing and hard graft to make it at our club but he's been shite and looked uninterested for the most part.

Now when someone is given multiple opportunities at the club I love and he shows a lack of interest in most of the game's he has played and also spits his dummy out and drops to the ground faster then a prostitutes knickers I have no time for, I would rather save on his wages and give someone who may show willing a chance.

He's not Prem quality and no matter how many weetabix the lad eats he never will be, He does next to nothing when he starts and also when he comes on so what is the point of paying him a very handsome sum?

I know you said 4/5 years but what I said was that he has only been given a run of games at the end of last season and in the 3-4 this. I admit there are times when he has looked disinterested but the guy busted his nut at the weekend and has copped nothing but stick for it. I still agree that he goes to ground too easily which is strange considering his size and how he can overpower people but he isnt exactly the first do that either.

http://www.toffeetalk.com/index.php?/topic/20487-johnny-heitinga/

Doesn't stack up for me and that's just one example. Also Felli is now a "favourite" having been on the other side for a long time.

I don't think people are scapegoated at all by most on here, and favourites are favourites for a reason.

If TC and Vic both have shit games then TC will possibly get less stick because he's been immense for us year after year and has nothing to prove so has earned a bit of leeway. Unlike Vic.

People copped at Heitinga because of what he has said and this season they have waited for him to make mistakes more so when he was playing DM than as a CB. He is the smallest example of my point. Felli is a fair one although there are people out there waiting to have a pop when it goes wrong. When he plays well people say he looks so relaxed on the ball and effortless etc etc yet when it doesnt quite happen for him they call him lazy and lethargic. Same thing happened with Yakubu when he was here, especially with penalties.

Im not saying everyone has their scapegoats and for the most part I wouldnt say it was a lot of the more regular posters, which is one of the reasons I am on here because for the most part the regular contributors give credit when its due and dont when its not (bar a couple here and there in certain situations including myself no doubt) but you get people who will just come on here (and many other websites) waiting to have a pop at a certain player because they dont like him regardless of how he played in comparison to the others.

Your last point is correct and thats the reason I didnt lay into him, despite not having one of his best games (to say the least) but to go to the extent that people are with Vic in comparison to Cahill is ridiculous.

I have no problems people ripping into players who were shite, or didnt try etc etc but when they try and say them things when a player has actually worked hard for the team then it is wrong, especially when others were slacking and they dont get a mention.

I know you said 4/5 years but what I said was that he has only been given a run of games at the end of last season and in the 3-4 this. I admit there are times when he has looked disinterested but the guy busted his nut at the weekend and has copped nothing but stick for it. I still agree that he goes to ground too easily which is strange considering his size and how he can overpower people but he isnt exactly the first do that either.

he worked hard yes, ran a lot. But he cant play football, the evidence is clear as day and always has been. Not at EPL standard, probably not at Championship standard.

Maybe hes just in the wrong sport, put him on a track. The long jump for example - a short sprint and a fall at the end without having to think.

• 2 years later...
Guest blueboy122

Christ after Kone's performance tonight I don't want Cheebs to go anywhere!!!

Why? Was he really that bad?

I thought he played well just didn't have any luck tonight against the bus that was parked on 18 yard box

Anichebe had an ankle knock according to Martinez

Martinez, who also confirmed that Victor Anichebe's absence last night was due to a minor ankle injury sustained on Monday, said Stevenage deserved credit for their spirited display.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leighton-baines-man-united-link-5800025

Why? Was he really that bad?

I thought he played well just didn't have any luck tonight against the bus that was parked on 18 yard box

I would say it's the worst strikers performance I've seen at Goodison Park and I've watched some greats... Angel, Chadwick, Branch, Madar, Mo Johnson... the list could go on. At least 3 sitters!

I'd have to agree with C1982 he was absolutely shite, offered absolutely nothing going forward, his passes where basic at best (if completed), his heading was absolutely useless, his control was OK (always back to goal tho), his shooting however was abysmal OMG totally piss poor, he looks absolutely awful 5Mill wasted IMO, gutted but happy to be proved wrong although Anichebe (& yes we have all said exactly the same about him bar last season) has to be getting back into the team ahead of Kone now although behind Jelly 1st obviously, we really need to re-enforce the striker area buit we prob wont because of signing Kone, hence I believe we have wasted 5Mill :-(

I'm sure some people thought he was twice the player Jelavic was?

Use the arguments he's only had a few games blah blah blah but when a player can't trap a ball, pass a ball or shoot (with no player around, direction in his favour and a GK who looked like a rabbit in headlights), he should still hit that target, how ever little games he's played.

I played beach 3 on 3 at the weekend, for two hours solid. First time in over a year (easily). I'm overweight and i have a bad back. Against some semi-professional players (my mates), I scored 12 of 15 goals, playing in a position not dissimilar to them. I scored 3 with my left, 1 with my head and 8 with my right. All in goals less than 3ft wide. NOw, i'm not blowing smoke up my own arse, but if I can do it with all things considered. I EXPECT a "premier league" footballer, getting paid over £30k a week (!?) to at least hit the fucking target. at least.

I would say it's the worst strikers performance I've seen at Goodison Park and I've watched some greats... Angel, Chadwick, Branch, Madar, Mo Johnson... the list could go on. At least 3 sitters!

If it was just the sitters that was his only negative point from last night I wouldn't be as bothered, but it was everything!

I'm sure some people thought he was twice the player Jelavic was?

Use the arguments he's only had a few games blah blah blah but when a player can't trap a ball, pass a ball or shoot (with no player around, direction in his favour and a GK who looked like a rabbit in headlights), he should still hit that target, how ever little games he's played.

I played beach 3 on 3 at the weekend, for two hours solid. First time in over a year (easily). I'm overweight and i have a bad back. Against some semi-professional players (my mates), I scored 12 of 15 goals, playing in a position not dissimilar to them. I scored 3 with my left, 1 with my head and 8 with my right. All in goals less than 3ft wide. NOw, i'm not blowing smoke up my own arse, but if I can do it with all things considered. I EXPECT a "premier league" footballer, getting paid over £30k a week (!?) to at least hit the fucking target. at least.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:spot on mate & beach togger is rock hard n all, I played in Mexico agianst a load of south americans I was in goal & stayed in goal after 15 minutes, effin knackered!

Blimey talk about knee jerk reactions, Kone misses a sitter and all of a sudden Anichebe is the best striker we have.... by the way, it was a good tackle when he was two yards out, as for the one over the bar - it happens.

I prefer to look at the overall performance. He linked up well, shows willing to take a defender on, is pacey and was in the right place to miss.

I have seen enough to know he will be a good player for us.