IGNORED

Victor Anichebe (Confirmed exit)

Things change. He says so himself. New manager, club going in a different direction. He seems resigned to the fact he hasn't got the ability, if ability is the right word, to fit in with the new system and he seems disappointed in himself because of this. He's hardly been a great servant to the club, without being a disruptive influence either.

I'm sure everyone at West Brom will do their best to help make him feel at home as that seems to be what he wants. He seems resentful he has had to move but I had to learn how to use the laminator in our office yesterday to help with an urgent job to enable some new people to get what they need to do their job and for someone of my intelligence and length of service that's not on. Don't they know who I am?

I would also think Vic's birth certificate is much the same format as mine so he could do with having a look at his - I've just had a look at mine and I can't find anywhere on there where it says life will be fair so dust yourself down you whingeing fucking lump and get on with it.

I wish you all the best and think it's a waste you are unable and unwilling to take the opportunities you have been and continue to be given, injuries aside.

Just had a look on the WBA site and they talked about the new signings

Anichebe moves to The Hawthorns having come through the youth ranks at Everton and on the back of his most successful season as a footballer.

Injury has limited his first team chances for years now, but he looks to have overcome those issues, having made 26 league appearances last term, his second highest tally after the 27 he made in 2007/08.

He also had his most prolific in front of goal, netting 6 times and assisting 4 more as he earned a regular run in the first team at Goodison Park.

In that run, he started half of Everton's games last season, and the Toffees won 47.4% of those matches, compared to 36.8% without the Nigerian. The Blues’ loss is perhaps the Baggies’ gain.

Previously, Anichebe had announced himself on the scene with impressive performances from the bench. In fact, since August 2010, only Dzeko (12), Hernández (11) and Le Fondre (8) have scored more Premier League goals from the bench than Anichebe (6), who is clearly one of those players that you can expect an impact from whether he starts or joins the game as a substitute.

I liked Anichebe and thought he was good when he did come on, the only problem I had was against weaker teams he played really well but against top defenders like Vidic, Luiz he looked like he didn't know how to kick a ball. Good luck to him though.

Just had a look on the WBA site and they talked about the new signings

Anichebe moves to The Hawthorns having come through the youth ranks at Everton and on the back of his most successful season as a footballer.

Injury has limited his first team chances for years now, but he looks to have overcome those issues, having made 26 league appearances last term, his second highest tally after the 27 he made in 2007/08.

He also had his most prolific in front of goal, netting 6 times and assisting 4 more as he earned a regular run in the first team at Goodison Park.

In that run, he started half of Everton's games last season, and the Toffees won 47.4% of those matches, compared to 36.8% without the Nigerian. The Blues’ loss is perhaps the Baggies’ gain.

Previously, Anichebe had announced himself on the scene with impressive performances from the bench. In fact, since August 2010, only Dzeko (12), Hernández (11) and Le Fondre (8) have scored more Premier League goals from the bench than Anichebe (6), who is clearly one of those players that you can expect an impact from whether he starts or joins the game as a substitute.

I liked Anichebe and thought he was good when he did come on, the only problem I had was against weaker teams he played really well but against top defenders like Vidic, Luiz he looked like he didn't know how to kick a ball. Good luck to him though.

Not meaning to minimize Anichebe's record and abilities at all, but statistics have to be clarified sometimes. It may be true that Everton won more games when he played than when he did not play; however, is that because he was played against weaker teams in the league?

I do hope the player has a good season at WBA and realizes more of his potential.

• 3 years later...
  • 3 years later...