IGNORED

Charlie Adam

cant believe people dont rate charlie adam,for 7 million hes a steal.and it looks like liverpool are really serious about thier challenge to the top four.i can even see them winning the league.we are falling so far behind the top 5 we will be lucky to qualify for europe again without any investment.

rofl.gif

cant believe people dont rate charlie adam,for 7 million hes a steal.and it looks like liverpool are really serious about thier challenge to the top four.i can even see them winning the league.we are falling so far behind the top 5 we will be lucky to qualify for europe again without any investment.

I think £7m is a fair price, however is he the missing cog in a potential league winning team? No IMO. He is not very well rounded. He is for me a similar type of player as Andy Reid, bags of ability playing the ball and that's pretty much it. He will be a squad player for them. If he had an engine and athletic ability then maybe. His corner taking will be of benefit to Carroll. Liverpool need a ball winner to supplement him.

they havnt stopped spending yet....do you think we will finish above them....dont forget they did beat chelsea and united convincingly....i dont see us finishing in the top six unless we get investment.

They still need a LB, 2 centre halfs to challenge IMO, agree with what you are saying re the top 6, however thankfully the teams around us at this point are not strengthening either.

• 1 year later...

It strikes me that the guy plays well in a comfortable environment. He was the big fish at Blackpool, and so played very well in his first Prem season with them, but the move up from Blackpool to Liverpool is enormous, as with it come expectations to perform well, without any of the back patting as a reward. A bit of a hiding to nothing at Anfield.

Here though, he could well shine, who knows, but he'd need to be cheap in order for Moyes to take the risk. We already have great free kick takers. What we don't have is a creative midfielder who can take control and be the main cog. Adam could offer that, but then so could quite a few others too.

If we look at the bigger picture, our squad would be better with him than without him, so it all depends on who Moyes wants to bring in.

A player bought that just showed how out of touch that clown Dalgleish is/was only due to the fact He statistically had a good cross but cost Blackpool a fair few points with his wayward back passes and shit judgement!

Average player poor attitude and a fat cunt........roll on Adam!

In the league last season he received 4 yellow cards and one red (a result of 2 yellows) and even Redknapp felt the sending off was harsh against Spurs, so not sure why some folk feel he is a dirty player.

Compare Fellaini's record a few seasons ago whilst adjusting to the Premiership, and even last year Baines was carded 7 times.

We all hate dirty players, as long as they're playing against us, but cast our minds back to some of the bruisers we've had at Everton, and they were all heroes lol.

Our own Duncan Ferguson had more red cards than any other Premiership player with 8 reds. Heck, even Southall was sent off twice. Weir, Unsworth ? Not to mention some of the harder midfielders such as Graveson and Carsley, who neither feared getting stuck in?

All part and parcel of being a midfielder......................................... and err ....................................... Scottish laugh.png