IGNORED

Axel Witsel

11:07

BLUES EYE WITSEL

Chelsea have made a last-gasp bid to snatch Zenit Saint Petersburg playmaker Axel Witsel, according to the Sunday People.

Antonio Conte is reportedly hoping to beat Liverpool and Everton to the Belgium internationals signature after talks stalled this week.

Serie A side Napoli have also expressed an interest in Witsel, but the People claim Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich has given his personal backing to the deal.

We were just talking about how rumours are almost never accurate, especially when it comes to specifics, and how we shouldn't get bent out of shape over them. You're responding to a rumour about a rumour and letting it feed into some larger narrative about how the club can't get anything done, yet we know no hard facts about anything surrounding the club's rumoured pursuit of Witsel. Try to just let the story unfold and see if anything happens. There's nothing to get excited or upset about just yet.

I understand frustrations about us not having done any business when we see all kinds of deals being made around us. But, we don't know anything factual about our targets. The club hasn't made any public statements about players. All we have are rumours, which are usually, for Everton, wide of the mark. And we historically haven't rushed into transfer dealings. Yet, something always tends to materialize. So, just take the rumours as rumours and nothing more. Wait for the business to be done. And, hopefully, the club makes good moves. We can assess whether or not they've made the right moves once the transfer window closes.

His agent (Witsel) confirmed it, this one had gone past a rumour.

The difference is we are now trying to bring in a better caliber of player that are used to playing in the Champions League

But the same scenario Dunc, heels are dragged, rumours are rife. His agent confirmed last week we were pole to sign him, every reporter in Russia, Italy and Liverpool are reporting on it. This is way past a rumour it's clearly at the negotiating table yet nothing again.

But the same scenario Dunc, heels are dragged, rumours are rife. His agent confirmed last week we were pole to sign him, every reporter in Russia, Italy and Liverpool are reporting on it. This is way past a rumour it's clearly at the negotiating table yet nothing again.

wasnt it said that there was something about his character that put us off?

wasnt it said that there was something about his character that put us off?

Apparently it's all back on againnow.

I'm past caring on any of it to be honest, we'll sign who we'll sign. Sick of getting my hopes up only to get them booted in the balls.

I should know better by now. We'll sign who we'll sign regardless of who says what.

Pad half of these lads are on holiday, give it a week then we can all panic.

Apart from Mata, fuck knows there.

Tbh Steve I'm not panicking, just starting to realise nothing looks like it's changed with getting deals across the line.

At 30 mil I'mnot sure I want him anyway. I've a feeling he'll be trouble if he comes tbh.

Apparently it's all back on againnow.

I'm past caring on any of it to be honest, we'll sign who we'll sign. Sick of getting my hopes up only to get them booted in the balls.

I should know better by now. We'll sign who we'll sign regardless of who says what.

Chill fella, things will happen we've just got into July.

Chill fella, things will happen we've just got into July.

We need them in early mate, they all need a full pre-season together . In the past we've had to dance the dance because we've been skint but if we do have the till being mentioned then get them in early and lets get them into a pre season working togethwr.

I couldn't deal with another Martinez second pre seasonfiasco.

I have no idea where questions about his attitude are coming from. Zenit have a terrible record with player discipline (look what just happened with Kokorin, and there have been many other problems over the years with players behaving like spoilt brats), but Witzel has always given everything in every game. He is already a legend here for being the one player who fought for every ball and left everything on the pitch, no matter the state of the game or (it matters here) the weather. Does anyone have any links to information which explains why some are doubting his attitude, because I've genuinely never heard a single complaint about that. .

Why are we so shite at transfers, we take forevver to do anything and more often than not it goes tits up on us .

We're not shite at transfers: We go about them the right way, behind closed doors and negotiating in good faith. All the speculation is fueled by journalists looking to sell papers, and we're sometimes gullible enough to believe them - even though they may be inventing most of their stories.

We're not shite at transfers: We go about them the right way, behind closed doors and negotiating in good faith. All the speculation is fueled by journalists looking to sell papers, and we're sometimes gullible enough to believe them - even though they may be inventing most of their stories.

We are.

agree for the most part but it's hugely frustrating.

This summer has been very frustrating waiting for new players especially with the 'new era' of having money to spend. I agree though with Cornish Steve... We go about our transfers the right way. Still a lot of time in this transfer market to make some big changes and bring in some quality.

Personally I like Witsel. He is calm under pressure and always seemed to find his man at Euro2016. Last season we were guilty sometimes of giving the ball away too easy

Apparently Everton have leaked they are still interested but wont pay stupid money and if it's not moving from stupid money then they will pull the plug and move on.

If this is true I'm glad. I want us to get players in early but he has 1 year left on his contract. Anything over 20 million euros is just fucking crazy. If they're demanding ridiculous money, fuck them off and move on to the next target.

Edited by Paddock

Apparently Everton have leaked they are still interested but wont pay stupid money and if it's not moving from stupid money then they will pull the plug and move on.

If this is true I'm glad. I want us to get players in early but he has 1 year left on his contract. Anything over 20 million euros is just fucking crazy. If they're demanding ridiculous money, fuck them off and move on to the next target.

i agree. plus the new target linked carvalho is very solid for 20m as well. would be happy with him too.

https://twitter.com/tofnews/status/752567684336914432

This sums up my attitude really.

Some prices are absolutely ridiculous. They all know how much money is in the Premiership.

I'd rather we maintain some decency and take our time than pay over the odds.

This sums up my attitude really.

Some prices are absolutely ridiculous. They all know how much money is in the Premiership.

I'd rather we maintain some decency and take our time than pay over the odds.

Agreed, with the way the market is going it seems like we are in the same position we have always been.

https://twitter.com/everton_fanatic/status/752988565357953024

Odds cut on SkyBet making Us favourites to sign! Apparently Witsel failed to agree with Napoli and negotiations now stopped.

Hopefully sorted soon. He's back from his holidays Thursday according to Twitter so maybe something Friday.

Hope so want some transfer news soon ??

He wants the best for himself and there's no question of that based on his agents murmurs and the comments that have been made by club's representatives. They've pitted several clubs against each other in order to bump up the fee and wages. I understand the reasons why but this does look like a mercenary again.

Don't get me wrong, good clubs wants good players and Everton aren't an 'attractive' option based on recent years. It's being able to convince a player of a particular level/caliber, that moving to Everton is a good prospect. It takes time and resources(!).

On a side point, don't believe anything on betting odds. They're based on rumours (and I mean even the most laziest kind (Messi to Everton!!)) and designed to tempt the punters into shelling out cash. There's no substance to betting odds, except making money from gullible goons. Don't take notice.

Hmmmmm, let's see. His first choice was allegedly Napoli. Runners up in Serie A, Champions League football. Decent club. His second choice is allegedly a club who has finish 11th 2 years in a row. But we should fuck him off because we aren't his 1st choice. Allegedly.

I don't know what's wrong with you guys sometimes. Good laughs, know your shit, generally good blokes fairly...but every pre season yous turn into Voldamort with a hangover. Too much sentimental emotion gets in the way of common sense.

And why do we pay so much attention to betting odds? Remember the daily changes in the race for the Everton hot seat?!

Hmmmmm, let's see. His first choice was allegedly Napoli. Runners up in Serie A, Champions League football. Decent club. His second choice is allegedly a club who has finish 11th 2 years in a row. But we should fuck him off because we aren't his 1st choice. Allegedly.

I don't know what's wrong with you guys sometimes. Good laughs, know your shit, generally good blokes fairly...but every pre season yous turn into Voldamort with a hangover. Too much sentimental emotion gets in the way of common sense.

Very good points. Major overreaction by some.

Last article I read on this in local medai (yesterday) stated that he is rumoured to have a personal agreement with Napoli for 3m/year (in Italian media), which the journalist finds odd seeing how there's also a rumour of Everton offering up to 6m/year.

And why do we pay so much attention to betting odds? Remember the daily changes in the race for the Everton hot seat?!

The point being, if he's a mercenary then we don't want him. No ones arguing with him picking the more attractive club, it's understandable but we don't want players who are only here for the money, we want players who want to play for us. If he wants champions league football then great let him go to a team who can give it him but we should fuck him off if he's only coming here for a payday, I don't want players who are after a payday, Inwant players who buy in to where we are looking to go,

If CL footballs so important to him he should hold out for a CL club not go to a none CL club for the money.

don't want players who are only here for the money, we want players who want to play for us.

I don't get that logic Pad especially in this day and age

Like us they work for money and like us will want what's best for them financially and progress wise, they aren't Evertonians nor are we very attractive at the moment we need to take the tinted glasses off when it comes to transfers. Then again we've rumoured to have offered more wages so if that's true it throws the mercenary tag out of the window

I do agree it doesn't sit well with me but that's me aswel as yourself being a supporter looking at it from a players perspective I'd do and try exactly the same

The point being, if he's a mercenary then we don't want him. No ones arguing with him picking the more attractive club, it's understandable but we don't want players who are only here for the money, we want players who want to play for us. If he wants champions league football then great let him go to a team who can give it him but we should fuck him off if he's only coming here for a payday, I don't want players who are after a payday, Inwant players who buy in to where we are looking to go,

If CL footballs so important to him he should hold out for a CL club not go to a none CL club for the money.

bingo

So we were his back up? I had doubts about his attitude before but he can fuck off IF thats the case

Unfortunately that's the way football is Matt. If you had two job offers you're more than likely to take the one that offers you most money.