IGNORED

Man Utd

adamsmith69

Lets get this baby up and running. As ever Everton are impossible to predict, however Man Utd are not. I am a little scared about this with Felli out, cahill a doubt, mikel and rodders not 100% fit.

Well, i cant predict a loss so a hard fought 2-1 victory.

Saha and Heitinga for us and Rooney for them (he wont celebrate i dont think)

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Fellaini and Cahill a doubt are the biggest problems for us in this game, and with Shrek on fire at the moment the back four are going to have be bang on for it. Having Heitinga back helps but I fear we may be in trouble with this one.

Naturally hoping for a win, a draw would be more realistic, but with honesty..... 1-2

Id be very surprised if Rooney doesnt score... Tbh im not sure there is a better player in the world right now.

Distin consistently looks shaky (I cant believe how often he slices the ball), Yobo doesnt look much better and Id be surprised if Senderos gets a look in.

I can see them dominating our midfield and I doubt we will be able to keep hold of the ball especially if Cahill is out. Yakubu looked good when he had the ball but he isnt going to terrorise the defenders and get in peoples faces. When he went off yesterday a lot more ball went to Sporting even if we did carve out a couple of good opportunities.

I dont fancy but I didnt fancy the Chelsea game.

Skippy is a doubt which may mean DM goes 442. Either way, im not optimistic. Not predicting any scores either, im just hoping i get some of that delicious humble pie that i was served after the Chelski game....

oh and i heard the other day theyve signed someone else, who is there second biggest contributor this season. name of Owen Goles i believe, id have money on 'im....

Edited by galacticaracnid

Hoping Moyes plays a 4-4-2 and we get them on the counter. I see our strongest side being:

Howard

Coleman Heitinga Distin Baines

Donovan Arteta Osman Pienaar

Saha Yakubu

And now that I look at it, that formation would give me a little more optimism. I really doubt Coleman will get the

start, but I'll be sorely disappointed if he doesn't get a few minutes (how is he supposed to gain experience when Moyes won't give him a fucking shout?). Hopefully Arteta will be fit enough to go another 75-80 mins and Osman puts in another great shift.

1-1, Yakubu for us. Rooney for them.

1-0 Everton.

The only problems is that Manchester United will be really happy from their success in Milan, and Rooney is probably the best player in the footballing world at the moment. The only factor that could work in our favour is that they could be a little tired, and this could give us a little advantage.

Our problem is that we have Fellaini out (which is a massive blow) along with Cahill and Arteta, who are not fully fit. We need to be counting on squad players to take control and take the three points. It's going to be tricky but I'm staying optemistic.

Everton 1 Manchester United 0

Saha 90'

Howard

Osman Arteta Neville Pineaar

Donovan

Saha

Donovan can play that position and play it well. I know he didn't play very well verse sporting, but if he was put there I see him turning eyes. He is not a Tim Cahill in the fact he will win headers and such, but he can create more there and still use pace and beat people. If so I put money down that he scores

Howard

Osman Arteta Neville Pineaar

Donovan

Saha

Donovan can play that position and play it well. I know he didn't play very well verse sporting, but if he was put there I see him turning eyes. He is not a Tim Cahill in the fact he will win headers and such, but he can create more there and still use pace and beat people. If so I put money down that he scores

donovan might be good as a second striker but i'm pretty sure he's much better playing on the right than osman is.. so i'd switch those two ... also, take out distin, put in yobo.

Id love coleman to get a start this weekend, but it won't happen, especially against utd, experience first is moyes game plan.

If cahill is injured for the game, i think it could look like this...

Howard

Neville Yobo Heitinga Baines

Donovan Arteta osman pienaar

Yak Saha

That won't happen though, 442 i mean, i think looking back on that formation though, its a lil lightweight in the centre and we know arteta aint fully on his game yet.. He could play rodwell in ossies position , take yak out, and have ossie as the attacking midfielder.. Although at the game on tuesday, once yak come on, i thought he looked quite good on the ball, and had one of his trademark cut in shots that nearly got us a 3 goal lead.. Played a few nice passes too. I really hope the yak gets back to his best, he can be unplayable at times when he is :)

2-2

Saha and Yak for us.

Rooney and OG (probably Distin!) for them.

I see us going with a 4-4-2 and if Yak can play with the enthusiasm he did on Tuesday he might be useful.

Otherwise It'd be good to see Bilya get a start in his favoured position but I don't see it hapening, more likely to happen against Lison if Cahill isn't back.

Coleman won't play and I think it's a game where neville's leadership makes a difference despite his obvious weaknesses.

Tough one to call. Do we go with a real DM in Neville or Rodders or do we try and play it like Chelsea?

What I think we'll see

-----------Howard------------

Nev----Yobo--Heitinga--Baines

The Don-Arteta-Osman-Pienaar

-----------Saha-------------

-----------Yak--------------

This is assuming Cahill is out. I suspect Rodwell won't start but will be brought on for Arteta as he tires around 65-70. I am slightly worried about the midfield being too lightweight, but then United don't really have any great size or strength in there, so I think playing our more mobile players in there will be the tactic. I think we need to have someone that can win the aerial balls, and with Cahill out I think Saha will be asked to fill that roll. With Evra at LB for the Mancs I can see Donovan being tasked again with pegging him back and I can see more balls finding their way out to him. Should be an interesting match.

2-1 Blues.

I'd think about going with

Howard

Coleman

Yobo

Heitinga

Baines

Donovan

Neville

Arteta

Osman/Billy

Pienaar

Saha

Neville has to play, purely for his leadership. Coleman and Donovan could give enough problems for Evra to think twice about belting forward.

I'm going to for 2-1 to us.

Neville and Billy for us, Rooney for them.

I think we are going to have to keep the ball on the floor a lot more if we want to get anything from this game providing Cahill is out, or at least if we do go long they have to be clever balls like Heitinga. I dont think Yobo should play purely for that reason. His version of hoofball is terrible as he doesnt even try and angle the ball like Distin does. Defensively I think they are similar...

It would be nice to see Saha and Yak upfront but without Fellaini in the middle we will have no balance whatsoever. I think Moyes might do it because its how he started the 2nd half at OT and we played much better and could have scored a couple. Yak & Saha looked good together against Sporting, especially Yakubu who looked like he wanted to play football. If he put that much effort in every game (even if it was for 60mins) then he could have an awesome 2nd half of the season.

I wouldn't mind seeing Jak up front with Saha just behind in Cahill's role. Saha did alright there the other night when Cahill came off, however, there's a lot of running to do in that position, and I'm not sure Saha could do it for the full 90.

This would be my team:

Howard

Neville-Distin-Heitinga-Baines

Pienaar-Arteta-Osman-Billy

Donovan

Saha

I'd maybe swap Billy, Pienaar and Donovan around a bit to try and mix it up.

Rodders would probably come on with about 15 minutes to go, in place of Arteta, and Jak to replace Billy about the same time. I'd also try and get JV a few minutes, bringing off Saha to a standing ovation after his hat-trick ;)

I wouldn't mind seeing Jak up front with Saha just behind in Cahill's role. Saha did alright there the other night when Cahill came off, however, there's a lot of running to do in that position, and I'm not sure Saha could do it for the full 90.

This would be my team:

Howard

Neville-Distin-Heitinga-Baines

Pienaar-Arteta-Osman-Billy

Donovan

Saha

I'd maybe swap Billy, Pienaar and Donovan around a bit to try and mix it up.

Rodders would probably come on with about 15 minutes to go, in place of Arteta, and Jak to replace Billy about the same time. I'd also try and get JV a few minutes, bringing off Saha to a standing ovation after his hat-trick ;)

Who is Jak?