IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

The argument is shite though Matt because every player on the pitch complements eachother..... Not just McCarthy.

You're argument is like saying Jagielka deserves more plaudits because he covers for McCarthy..... It's exactly that.

He's getting too much plaudits for me. There is better players at this club.

Not every player compliments another - absolute tosh. Mirallas for example, as many assists as he had was at time ridiculously greedy, same as Gerry.

Did Romelu work for the team the way Naismith did? No. Not every player is as selfless as the likes of McCarthy and Barry. McCarthy in particular covered km's covering his team mates, you just dont see it....

gettin tiring this now.

Not every player compliments another - absolute tosh. Mirallas for example, as many assists as he had was at time ridiculously greedy, same as Gerry. Did Romelu work for the team the way Naismith did? No. Not every player is as selfless as the likes of McCarthy and Barry. McCarthy in particular covered km's covering his team mates, you just dont see it.... gettin tiring this now.

They can't be anything but selfless.... They're limited players.

The argument is shite though Matt because every player on the pitch complements eachother..... Not just McCarthy.

Your argument is like saying Jagielka deserves more plaudits because he covers for McCarthy..... It's exactly that.

He's getting too much plaudits for me. There is better players at this club.

There are better players, but that just shows you're not getting it or how the game works.

There are better players, but that just shows you're not getting it or how the game works.

No, I get it Matt. I see the job he does but deflecting other players success away from them and saying it's only because of McCarthy is where I don't agree.

Do I have to keep going back to previous post I'm replying to 3 people at once......

The above is why I referred to taking TT as gospel.

Nobody said "the above" was to be taken as gospel, it was just offered as opinion.

To echo Haf, "Start posting credible posts and stop making things up."

Just nipped out for a haircut and missed the majority of this...

a few points:-

• Not appreciating a player like McCarthy shows a little bit of ignorance or lack or understanding. The same happened with Chelsea - Frank Lampard won player of the year two years on the trot with Makelele arguably being the one who gave him the foundation to grab the headlines. At the end of the years lampards 20 yarders stick in the mind, not the steady week in week out perfromances.

• I would sooner trust a toffeetalk player of the year which is indexed and tallied after each game versus a quick pulse check at the end of the year. The toffeetalk table does not lie! 10 year old kids love seamus, he runs with the ball and scored a few goals. I look at the man who gave him license to do that.

who deflected?!

See Bold....

Yano, it's easy to run with ball and score goals at the very top level.... Let's just brush that off as the easy work. But we certainly need to give the credit to the guy covering him... Is a more simplistic way of saying it. A blob on deflection of everything Coleman did to shine McCarthy ass.

Edited by MiguelCotto

See Bold....

Yano, just that's it's easy to run with ball and score goals at the very top level.... Let's just brush that off as the easy work. But we certainly need to give the credit to the guy covering him... Is a more simplistic way of saying it. A blob on deflection of everything Coleman did to shine McCarthy ass.

which Coleman couldnt have done without McCarthys presence. Says who? Seamus fuckin Coleman

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

which Coleman couldnt have done without McCarthys presence. Says who? Seamus fuckin ColemanBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

To which I say I'm out, you ask the question who deflected.... I gave you evidence... Boooom.

You then went back to another point of McCarthy allowing him to go forward because you boooomed. Unfortunately McCarthy ain't the only fella in domestic football never mind world football who can do that job. The way you and Haf go on you'd believe the bloke covered everyone and nobody else played defensively it was all McCarthy.

End of the day. Coleman got the official awards. Voted for by Evertonians across all forums and walks of like. The majority of people saw him as the worthy winner. Not to mention his colleagues. I think that suggest he was the best player last season and TT's MOTM award can't trump that sorry guys.

Edited by MiguelCotto

To which I say I'm out, you ask the question who deflected.... I gave you evidence... Boooom.

You then went back to another point of McCarthy allowing him to go forward because you boooomed. Unfortunately McCarthy ain't the only fella in domestic football never mind world football who can do that job. The way you and Haf go on you'd believe the bloke covered everyone and nobody else played defensively it was all McCarthy.

End of the day. Coleman got the official awards. Voted for by Evertonians across all forums and walks of like. The majority of people saw him as the worthy winner. Not to mention his colleagues. I think that suggest he was the best player last season and TT's MOTM award can't trump that sorry guys.

you are capable of spotting questions i ask then? because you ignored a repeated one. the fact you ignore facts \ evidence \ make stuff up is hilarious. I wont bother with the rest, the resonance of the initial BOOOOOOOOOOM is still load and clear.

enjoy trusting polls on a website and what pundits say :)

you are capable of spotting questions i ask then? because you ignored a repeated one. the fact you ignore facts \ evidence \ make stuff up is hilarious. I wont bother with the rest, the resonance of the initial BOOOOOOOOOOM is still load and clear.

enjoy trusting polls on a website and what pundits say :)

Tbh mate, I think it's embarrassing you think people on here are more qualified to talk football than ex pro's managers and a like. I really do.

Also polls are there for a reason it gives balance and in most cases (rather than not) it's correct. So you have to go with majority.

I wouldn't mind but Hafnia was slagging a Lukaku off the other day for giving the ball away against West Brom and costing us a goal.

McCarthy cost us 3 goals last season - just off the top of my head. Fulham away, Arsenal away Fa Cup, West Ham away.

Here's one for ya. I will have a bet with anyone that if we signed Rom next season he would only bag half the goals he did last season.

Overhyped, overpaid and underplayed!!!

The guy justified his move last season to a big club but he doesn't have the mindset to do it consistently for anymore than two years cause the lad is too busy sorting out the future than dealing with the present.

..just my opinion though.

Gotta say I have been glued to this whole topic, that was a fun read.

I don't think I read that anyone thinks McCarthy made Coleman look a good player and it was all him MC I think they were trying to say that although Coleman is an attacking full back ( and a damn good one at that ), McCarthy helped him achieve his success last season by giving him the confidence to go forward the way he did.

The comparison with Makele wasn't in terms of ability, your right Makele was in another class, but that he didn't get the recognition that he deserved early in his career.

The reason McCarthy has been brought into a Lukaku thread is that some of us have the mind-set that Lukaku didn't make us look good last season...Everton made Lukaku look good.

I have questioned in the past that many other strikers would have also scored many of the goals that Lukaku scored last season. Now he did score a couple that only Lukaku could have scored, ill give him that. But he also lost the ball many times in a position that I believe 80% of average strikers wouldn't have.

McCarthy made many players in our team look a step above by giving them license. That's not saying any of them don't deserve credit on their own as they surely do, just that McCarthy complimented them.

Bony for example made Swansea look good at times. Particularly against us. He bullied our defence and we struggled to handle him. He is one of those players that has the ability to pull a team through on his own as long as you give him the ball. I just feel that Lukaku can't do that.

Question: Was it injury that made an average West Brom side bench Lukaku so much?

Wow!!!

Is this still a lukaku thread?! Haha!!

Reading the last 2 or 3 pages, and not being a part of it, I feel the frustrations of Mike, Matt, Haf, Blue boy and anyone else. As I have said before now, trying to have a full on in depth conversation with Cotto is impossible due to the contradictions, misquotes, unanswered questions etc. Thanks for reassuring me, unknowingly, that it ain't just me!!!

What do you guys think of lukaku?

Wow!!!

Reading the last 2 or 3 pages, and not being a part of it, I feel the frustrations of Mike, Matt, Haf, Blue boy and anyone else. As I have said before now, trying to have a full on in depth conversation with Cotto is impossible due to the contradictions, misquotes, unanswered questions etc. Thanks for reassuring me, unknowingly, that it ain't just me!!!

who the F*** is Lukaku?

stop hijacking our McCarthy thread!

Wow!!!

Oh here he is.... Jumping on the bandwagon. So surprised. (Y)

I think many of people have felt like they have contracdicted themselves when it comes to lukaku. I was the first to say he was an absolute beast when he skipped past the city defence at the etihad and made hart look average again, but lets put this into context, the season is based on 38 games and in the latter half of the year lukaku just didn do it for me.became lazy and was not a team player. Was just trying to get his shot off at any given opportunity. Yes a good player knows where the goal is but a great player weighs up his options before hand.

Remy or bony, I'd be made up.

I do think there are better options than Lukaku especially at the price but whoever we would have to get in would have an element of risk about them and its whether we can afford that risk to stay where we are in the league.

I disagree with Brett because I dont see any reason why Lukaku couldnt score than many goals again and I dont think he was any 'lazier' at the end of the season compared to the start of the season either. You know what you get with Lukaku, he will have quite spells but he will also have very hot spells and he is capable of changing games. The issue is the price and wages and they are pretty big concerns for me because I prefer to see us buy players who are on their way up (in terms of value) compared to players that have are at or near their peak (again in terms of value). We should have been looking to buy Lukaku when he was 16 and bossing teams in Belgium as opposed to 20 and 4/5 times the price.

I'm going to call that all complete bollocks!

So you too think McCarthy was the sole reason why other players performed this season.

If he was that good and the main stand out fella why didn't he get the awards..... Because he wasn't the best player.

I like you Cotto but come on man!? Edited by BlueBlood81

Please tell us who the "official" vote is.

Also, not quite under the radar when the press try to link him with a move to United back in May.

Official vote which won him the award. The clubs website. Also the official vote of colleagues which also won him players player.