IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

The thing is Lukaku will actually believe this and think he's good enough for them.

Lukaku is good enough for Chelsea though......A player who has had 2 full seasons in the premier league to score 19 and 15 goals is a good return. At Chelsea he will be getting better deliveries from the likes of Hazard, Oscar, Willian and Fabregas but for some reason Jose won't give him a chance. Maybe he doesn't fit into Chelsea's defending style of play.

Lukaku is good enough for Chelsea though......A player who has had 2 full seasons in the premier league to score 19 and 15 goals is a good return. At Chelsea he will be getting better deliveries from the likes of Hazard, Oscar, Willian and Fabregas but for some reason Jose won't give him a chance. Maybe he doesn't fit into Chelsea's defending style of play.

Apparently he's done something to upset Abramovic who has vowed he wont kick a ball for Chelsea again. His agent has tried for over a year to smooth it over but he wont budge. That's what I've heard anyway.

Makes sense if it 's true like.

Not just that, but teams play much more defensively against CFC than against Everton. He doesn't get a lot of space, plus Rom is the kind of guy who tells attacking mids how he wants to receive his assists. I'd like to see him try and demand the kind of passes he wants to get from the likes of Schurrle, Hazard and Oscar. He'll have to fit in, comprimise and adjust to the frivolous style of attacking at Chelsea. Against much tighter defenses. That's why he gets frustrated at Chelsea.

This is why I stated that he might as well go to Real Madrid, where the attackers are much faster and can provide the kind of assists he prefers. I'm convinced he'd score noticeably more goals at Real Madrid than at CFC.

Edited by Mirallas

Another from the horses mouth that after Besic we need "another two" signings.

I have a feeling that we will be short come the first game. Possibly Naismith upfront.

Then (like always) deadline day will see a couple come in.

Edited by MiguelCotto

2!?

That's 5 less than what we needed

Only slight concerns.

got to say, even I got a little irritated reading that, not to mention Henen not coming into the first team.

Unless of course, the 2 are exceptional players, I will be annoyed. Mind you, still a long way to go :)

Maybe martinez thinks some of the young players are going to step up to the 1st team.

I think we are strong in midfield and not to bad wide its just a striker or 2 we need.

Garbutt looks the only one close to me on the evidence of the last two games and we don't need a left back. McAleny, Long and Hope look a long way from being ready up front; mind you pretty much the whole squad look a long way from being ready :(.

Guest blueboy122

What happened to the 6 or 7 players that we needed at the end of the season?

So frustrating if Martinez actually think we only need 2 more players then we are in for a long hard season. That Henen cant even be counted as a signing as he isn't even going to come into the first team.

Once again Everton get to that stage where we just need a few more extra players of quality to kick on and get into the top four and we fall short in the transfer market as usual. So frustrating.

The youth argument doesn't stand up with me. We lost two quality players In Lukaku & Deulofeu. They need replacing like for like. We didn't have enough for fourth last season, so if we don't replace those two properly we certainly won't this season. I think martinez has finally found out how hard it is to improve a squad aiming for CL with very little funds and this is why loaning top quality players can have a negative affect on the following season.

Edited by MiguelCotto

Frustrating if he genuinely only wants two extra bodies as Cotto said we need to replace like for like quality wise more so upfront

If the two "if that is the case" we bring in are first team quality and we use the younger lads for the lesser European and cup games then it could work out but it's not exactly the way forward

I'll reserve judgement for now and hope he's just choosing his words wisely and not over selling anything and we actually bring in another three or four good players who can make an impact on the first team from the off

Martinez wants 2 before the season kicks off including a number 9. The transfer window is open for another 2 weeks after this so it will still be the original 6-8 new players overall. Our starting line-up picks itself pretty much apart from a striker and maybe a winger so hopefully these are 'the 2' pre Leicester and then a few more bodies before the close of the window.

We really just need Lukaku, a winger, and possible a striker or one on loan.

Getting Lukaku will already set us up as last season because I don't believe deulofeu was that effective anyways.

Getting a different striker and winger will really push us forward.

Also think Martinez plans on introducing a couple of young kids which will be very exciting to be.

Don't know why people are panicking, when the transfer window has closed and we haven't signed anyone else then may the panicking begin!