IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Anyway.... I was the first to say Lukaku was over rated shite.

At his likely point of sale he will have not scored a goal in over 900 minutes of football including missing his last 2 pens and blowing sitters in his biggest game in his 3 years here.

Strangely enough with the most fooked up market we may well make a profit on him.

except he's not overrated shite, that's been the whole point. 61 goals in 127 games for us. If you think that's shite you're drunk.

except he's not overrated shite, that's been the whole point. 61 goals in 127 games for us. If you think that's shite you're drunk.

Overrated? Absolutely... shite? Well thats harsh. He's a decent finisher is being fair.

As a footballer he's friggin awful. As MC says... look at that clip someone put together on twitter. Now just imagine that's niasse... you would be facing meltdowns. Thing is Matt that wasn't an isolated game it was every week pretty much that he conceded possession pitifully. The headers were just as bad.

Edited by Hafnia

Dude, he was brought in to score goals. He's scored goals. Lots. Every striker had droughts at some point, every striker misses sitters from time to time. He's highly frustrating but he's a decent footballer and excellent finisher most of the time and a talent that's been completely mismanaged for 2 seasons. A 3 min YouTube video of mistakes doesn't tell me anything and could easily be countered with many other positives. People seem to forget that he scored the goals that got us to the semi final, but that's too convenient a defence.

Dude, he was brought in to score goals. He's scored goals. Lots. Every striker had droughts at some point, every striker misses sitters from time to time. He's highly frustrating but he's a decent footballer and excellent finisher most of the time and a talent that's been completely mismanaged for 2 seasons. A 3 min YouTube video of mistakes doesn't tell me anything and could easily be countered with many other positives. People seem to forget that he scored the goals that got us to the semi final, but that's too convenient a defence.

His job is to score goals. For me it's the only thing he's good at - not excellent at. He's scored 15, 10 and 18 prem league goals... the way people go on about it is embarrassing.

Mismanaged? He was given penno duty by martinez! Everything about us was getting the ball to him... even then some fans were saying "ooh you can't pass it in the air, you can't play it to his back to goal, not on his right foot.... he needs bit in front of him to leave him one on one with the keeper...." all strikers want that... it j7st doesn't happen that easy for the same reasons he doesn't want to play in Italy.

Despite all the rumours, I'd rather hold on to Lukaku. If an over-the-top offer comes in, then, yes, take it, otherwise the lad is very good and only going to get better.

hes going and he should. I'm not bothered with players speaking out to the press, the interviews are often part of their contracts from what I read and I'd rather they'd be honest than bullshit us. I do wish he'd not said what he said but I honestly can't blame him.

But, Rom wants to go. This isn't him having his head turned, this is him wanting to win things and Roberto failed miserably in getting us into those positions.

hes going and he should. I'm not bothered with players speaking out to the press, the interviews are often part of their contracts from what I read and I'd rather they'd be honest than bullshit us. I do wish he'd not said what he said but I honestly can't blame him.

But, Rom wants to go. This isn't him having his head turned, this is him wanting to win things and Roberto failed miserably in getting us into those positions.

He was in two cup semi finals this year and played absolutely shite. Does he really want to to win things???

Can't blame martinez... this nob head has been spouting shit since day 1 he was here. I recall him saying he would only sign for a champions league team when he was on loan with us.... it was at the stage when we had it in our own hands and he just decided not to turn up against Southampton and Crystal Palace.

He's a dick who just can't keep his trap shut.

He was in two cup semi finals this year and played absolutely shite. Does he really want to to win things???

Can't blame martinez... this nob head has been spouting shit since day 1 he was here. I recall him saying he would only sign for a champions league team when he was on loan with us.... it was at the stage when we had it in our own hands and he just decided not to turn up against Southampton and Crystal Palace.

510f9ca7c13556f1570b545139120ce9.jpg

And I guess you want the fella to shut his mouth and do as he's told? I do, but I will ask you this haf, how do you motivate a millionaire? Arm round the shoulder? Dry slap on the rubbery chops?

How do you motivate a millionaire?

Tell him that despite the fact that he will never have to worry about money that he's still an absolute tit.

This is why managers do research on players characters before buying them.

And I guess you want the fella to shut his mouth and do as he's told? I do, but I will ask you this haf, how do you motivate a millionaire? Arm round the shoulder? Dry slap on the rubbery chops?

Not sure what angle you are going at with the millionaire and motivation thing?

All Premier League footballers are millionaires. That's a lot of players. Are you saying they need to win things to be motivated? Most of these guys are self motivated.

Newts, your playing on a Sunday,non league, you give your fiver to the club secretary, another manager asked you to play for their team and they pay you £20 a game, are you going to say no?

So was your original meaning that the only way to motivate a millionaire footballer is to give him more money?

How do you motivate a millionaire?

Tell him that despite the fact that he will never have to worry about money that he's still an absolute tit.

This is why managers do research on players characters before buying them.

If money is their motive the only way to motivate would be to add lots of goal, assist bonuses.

Newts, your playing on a Sunday,non league, you give your fiver to the club secretary, another manager asked you to play for their team and they pay you £20 a game, are you going to say no?

You're back then???

Edited by mogsy

i absolutely can and do blame Martinez

no,read my post again, it's a question. How do you motivate a millionaire? If I were one, I would say!!!!

Ah right. Just a general question to Haf with no meaning behind it.

I thought it was one of those 'suggestive' questions which try to get at something. Just wasn't sure what.

So, how do you motivate a millionaire....

Really don't get this thread now.

I understood why it became a Haf thread....Haf you did have a point to prove and maybe took it a bit far.

But are people that lost in this thread that they can't see through a glory boy.

Growing up I was taught a tough lesson. Work your ass off to get what you want....prove yourself to he the best etc etc.

Lukaku's philosophy.... I am not winning with this team

...where can I go to get instant success?

What happened to proving yourself and being part of something? When did it become OK for our players to just want to buy titles?

He's ambitious so it's ok to want to move to a winning team....

Well guess what...Tony fucking Hibbert wants to win trophies too, let's sell him to Barca because he's fucking ambitious and deserves it.

Wake up people!

You want something, then bloody earn it.

Lukaku's been shit for the last three months, not just a dry spell, that happens.

But he's been lazy, his finishing has been shit and his attitude has stunk.

How is that anyone's fault other than his own?

We can all agrue about how wrong Haf is, but let's face it...most are arguing because thier backs are up now that he's looking like he had it right all along.

65 million...you really think anyone will actually offer that? I'll be shocked if anyone does.

I would still... After all that's happened, love to see Rom come out, apologise and say he wants to stay and prove himself as he doesn't think we have saw him at his best.

Edited by Shukes

Lukaku's philosophy.... I am not winning with this team

...where can I go to get instant success?

What happened to proving yourself and being part of something? When did it become OK for our players to just want to buy titles?

You're such a romantic, Shukes :P.

That's how it absolutely should be but sadly it's just not, and it's something that annoys me too. I was having a conversation about this with a red shite fan not long ago when Klopp said he wants to bring players in that want to help drive the train, not just jump on the train.

Players should want to be a part of something, to make something and not just expect it to be handed to them on a plate. Trophies, CL football etc etc are something you work towards and are a culmination of hard work. How do we get it back to being that way? I'm really not sure it can be done. Because fans are exactly the same as the players on that score - our fans turned up their noses at EL football and just wanted to jump straight to CL football.

This is why I like Besic so much.

He has ability but as of yet hasn't really settled here...hasn't had a good run yet though..., but instead of calling for a move he works harder.

His interviews are all about how grateful he is for this chance and how he wants to show the fans what he can do.

Would love the new manager to make him a big part of our new team.

Maybe his attitude can rub off on Ross and we'll finally see Ross really the level we know he can.

You're such a romantic, Shukes :P.

That's how it absolutely should be but sadly it's just not, and it's something that annoys me too. I was having a conversation about this with a red shite fan not long ago when Klopp said he wants to bring players in that want to help drive the train, not just jump on the train.

Players should want to be a part of something, to make something and not just expect it to be handed to them on a plate. Trophies, CL football etc etc are something you work towards and are a culmination of hard work. How do we get it back to being that way? I'm really not sure it can be done. Because fans are exactly the same as the players on that score - our fans turned up their noses at EL football and just wanted to jump straight to CL football.

We pick the right players, something we did very well under Moyes. Lukaku can do one, so can Stones - they are symptoms of the failure of the Martinez project, regardless of disatisfaction with the club's form/manager, their attitude has screamed 'I'm better than this', and that's when players start to drag a team down. Barkley needs to shake his head too, there are younger, hungrier players waiting to turn him into the next Rodwell.

We need a manager in the Klopp/Pochettino mould who will light a fire under our players and demand they bleed blue to win matches. That sort of manager will get the recruitment right.

I am not joking when I say that if Barkley doesn't up his game and decision making then Tom Davies will have his place in both the Everton and England teams!

Agreed. I sensed barkley lost the plot with it all at the end. I could see he was pissed at lukaku... why wouldn't he? People went on about Rom making runs and players couldn't get him the ball... they were foundation level runs, the ones kids make.

It was said that at Leeds and Wednesday barkley was frustrated that players just weren't on his wave length for passes, I seen that with Ross and Rom.

That aside Barkley owes us big time. Let's hope the next manager can harness his ridiculous talent.

bit like Lukaku ;)

Zlatan in fa cup semi final scores at least 3 of Roms chances.... that's the difference.

Against the cannon fodder Rom tends to score Ibrahimovic will be getting hat tricks.

We need to find the big game goalscorer that we had in Naismith.