IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Tbf, the only deal that Kenwright has fucked up on is the Rooney one. He didn't fold last summer with Stones did he?

Back on to Lukaku. With us seemingly struggling to get high quality players to want to sign for us I'd be very reluctant to let Lukaku go this summer. Do everything to keep him, hope like hell we have a fantastic season, and then if clubs still want him do the deal. His absence would be felt and it would hit us hard, whereas, IMO, we wouldn't even notice Stones was gone.

In his defence on the Rooney one as well, apparently we were close to liquidation and had to sell him to stay afloat. If that's true we were always going to get our pants pulled down.

Bills fucked alot up but he always got good money for our players.

It was a sarcastic joke guys. Also I'm astonished he's worth 75m. I love rom and rate him and back him but even I don't think he's worth that much. I thought 50m sure but not 75.

I don't know why people make these sorts of comments. It seems fairly obvious to me that we don't think Lukaku and Stones are worth £75m and £50m, but that's the price we're asking for because we do not want to sell them so we hope those price tags will either put clubs off or mean we get a shit load of money to replace them.

Just out of curiosity, would you rather have lukaku or Costa in he everton squad right now, say for example for a straight swap. Not that it's been linked or anything I'm just wondering.

Costa. Horrible gnarly bastard who works the defenders hard and can finish. Poor last season but he's a good player.

Costa. Horrible gnarly bastard who works the defenders hard and can finish. Poor last season but he's a good player.

Yet Chelsea are constantly linked to rom. Unless Costa is leaving then I can't see why, in theory they have the better striker.

Why would Pep have to?

because there has been zero noise coming from the Stones camp. Pep probably wanted to give the situation a little nudge and get the press intensified on the lad.

With Rom there is no need for a manager to do that.... that said I'm very very surprised he has said nothing since the Euros. I guess a two week fine (£150k) has been threatened on him.

I'd imagine the first time he met with Koeman wasn't a pleasant one.

I certainly don't think Koeman does vendettas like Martinez - I imagine its a straight "You are paid to play for this club - you are not bigger than the club, do as you are told or I will fine you and ruin you"

Lets be honest - Koeman has enough clout in the game to make or break players. He has played with egos like Stoichkov and Romario - absolute quality players but ones who require special man management.

Ronald Koeman playing honours: 4 Dutch titles, 3 Dutch Cups, 4 Spanish titles, 1 Spanish Cup, 2 European Cups, 1 Super Cup, 1 European Championship.

so when a player says "I want to leave to win things" - he is more than credible enough to say "You need to prove you are good enough - I don't think you are" - what are they going to say? "what do you know? show me your medals?"

I see the Express are running a story saying Lukaku's told his team mates he wants to leave this summer! Either their reporter has been held hostage by Isis for the last 3 months or has absolutely sod all to report about but hasn't he, his Dad and agent been telling the whole world he wants to leave??

I'm not sure any player would be surprised if he wandered over and announced his intentions to them!

What do these idiots actually get paid for??

You guys are gonna have a ball with him today.

angry-mob.gif

Bid's been raised from €68 mil to €80 mil. Apparently for some odd reason, that 68 mil was in euros?

And our trusty Daily Mail reported that Lukaku clearly told his team mates yesterday that he was going to leave.

Edited by Mirallas

funny isn't it.... he's done nothing but talk about leaving for a "bigger" club but hasn't yet handed in his transfer request. The reason? well don't they lose their "loyalty" bonus. Bit of a laugh really - meaning if he gets sold without handing in a request he is rewarded money for being loyal.....

Anything over £60m is an absolute steal and will be proven to be so. I hope he hands in his transfer request.