IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

'Arouna Kone came on to replace the £28m forward.'

That single statement sums up the gravity of our predicament if he were to be injured for the start of the season. Could be another nail biting season looking at how others are building and strengthening - or even just consolidating on where they were last season.

If Lukaku were to be out injured and Jagielka potentially as well we could be cannon fodder, unless Gueye alone can make a massive difference to our soft centre.

Edited by Baba

And yet it's fine if we don't sign anyone else before the Spurs game. Absolutely fine to leave our business until August 31st. Fine. Fine. Fine.

Nothing has changed mate, no matter how good an opportunity we have, no matter how promising it looks we always manage to fuck something up.

I feel that the future looks bright and that solid foundations are being put in place, but the worrying bit is the period of time between now and reaching that potentially bright future. It's not looking as comfortable as it should, though it's not precarious yet.

Depends on how bad the very worst teams are this season, last time they were appalling and if the same applies then we'll have nothing to worry about.

Top end is looking far stronger and better prepared this year though. Utd, City, Chelsea, Liverpool are all going to be firing this season. Probably Tottenham as well, maybe even West Ham and Stoke pushing on again.

Top half for Koeman this year would be a big success at this stage I think, but might leave him struggling again to bring in the players that he wants next year - if he is actually struggling this year, rather than it being a case of nobody out there that he fancies.

Not sure I like the idea of him getting a bumper new contract. Unless it is heavily incentivised (?).

After all the grumbling from him, his Dad,his agent. It gives all the power to the player and his motley crew.

I feel the same about any player at any club who acts in such a way and gets rewarded.

Not sure I like the idea of him getting a bumper new contract. Unless it is heavily incentivised (?).

After all the grumbling from him, his Dad,his agent. It gives all the power to the player and his motley crew.

I feel the same about any player at any club who acts in such a way and gets rewarded.

This for me

Personally I'd rather sell him make a huge profit replace/reinvest and move on

Hiking the transfer price up and offering him a rise obviously means they want to keep him.

What price would you pay to get anybody better than him.??

Or we are creating news to make Chelsea pull the trigger rather than waiting till the last minute and he hands in a transfer request.

"what price would I pay to get someone better than him" - IMO we could sign forwards with better technical attributes, work rate, for less. It all depends on how they do in front of goal. The only reason that he is valued so high is that he has proven he can score in the prem..... personally I would take Bony for £20m and as far as I'm concerned we will have a better all round player who maybe not as prolific but not far off.