IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Haf I would think you would be happy seeing as he basically said he'd be off in the summer. You won't have to watch him anymore in Everton blue, I'd think you'd be overjoyed

You are completely missing the point. Don't start this into a lukaku bollocks MJB...the fact I would happily see him go for the daft money touted has fuck all to do with it.

I'd drive him to Barcelona myself for the supposed £60m.....

I'd sooner spend the time sat with burger head explaining what Everton Football club is all about cos he clearly sees us as a nice paycheck - stepping stone to other things.

Till then he can actually do what he's paid to do and show some fuckin respect. £6m a year... repeat that

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x51cta2_romelu-lukaku-with-an-epic-miss-vs-netherlands_sport on in the 60th minute, missed two chances from inside 6 yards. Did give a nice assist for hazard who should have scored but his shot was saved by stekelenburg.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x51cta2_romelu-lukaku-with-an-epic-miss-vs-netherlands_sport

Shocker to be fair..... I don't think barca will come in if he does more of these. It's his right peg....

No chance steve.... not with whoppers like that.

Edited by Hafnia

You are completely missing the point. Don't start this into a lukaku bollocks MJB...the fact I would happily see him go for the daft money touted has fuck all to do with it.

I'd drive him to Barcelona myself for the supposed £60m.....

I'd sooner spend the time sat with burger head explaining what Everton Football club is all about cos he clearly sees us as a nice paycheck - stepping stone to other things.

Till then he can actually do what he's paid to do and show some fuckin respect. £6m a year... repeat that

I hate to brake it to you Haf but I'm pretty sure Moshiri is not paying Koeman all that money to pay you respect!

Koeman is being paid to try and do something no other Everton manager has done for over 20 years and that is to turn us into a top 4 side and win trophies.

If he doesn't do it I'm sure Moshiri will waste no time getting rid of him

If he succeeds then rides off over the horizon to Barcelona then he would do so with my blessing, not that he needs it!

I just think people are reading way too much in to his comments and I don't think what he has said is disrespectful

The truth hurts and people don't like it

It's took a knock from the defender, don't think you can blame him for that one.

Minimal touch Pete. He is flat footed on his weaker foot. No way should have missed that. He does do them with his right peg. Did 2 against leicester. The one in the last international too.

Anyhow.... he will not let it bother him which is a strength.

This is why it annoys me when people say he only scores goals. It's just not true. He plays a part in a lot of our goals that he doesn't score himself. When he leaves we need to take that into account when we're replacing him or we'll feel his absence heavily.

Think I've calculated on average nearly 40% of the teams goals a season are down to him, either by scoring or assists.

Anyway, good to hear he had a positive game, even if it was "only" Estonia

Edited by Matt

Think I've calculated on average nearly 40% of the teams goals a season are down to him, either by scoring or assists.

Anyway, good to hear he had a positive game, even if it was "only" Estonia

Matt we play a lone striker with absolutely zero rotation. I would be shocked if it was less than 40% involvement.

The play is targeted on him. It's not like a strike partnership or an attacking fluid interchanging trio like liverpool or chelsea.

For the record Costa has almost 50% involvement in Chelsea goals and coutinho over a third for Liverpool.

Regarding Estonia.... nice to see him score. Let's see him apply the same form against the bigger teams.

I watched the Chelsea game all the way through the other night and yes it was awful. Rom didn't have any chances but what was glaringly different way how he plays without the ball vs Costa. Costa never gave our defence a second on the ball - he made us clear the lines and Chelsea won it back. Lukaku gave Cahill Luiz and Co a stroll.... they were walking the ball out. He was jogging around - not pressing. The only player who put in a shift was Cleverley.

They out worked us all over the park. It wasn't just Rom. But let's not start getting euphoric on his goals - he needs to work on defending from the front to take the pressure off the team.

Matt we play a lone striker with absolutely zero rotation. I would be shocked if it was less than 40% involvement.

The play is targeted on him. It's not like a strike partnership or an attacking fluid interchanging trio like liverpool or chelsea.

For the record Costa has almost 50% involvement in Chelsea goals and coutinho over a third for Liverpool.

Regarding Estonia.... nice to see him score. Let's see him apply the same form against the bigger teams.

I watched the Chelsea game all the way through the other night and yes it was awful. Rom didn't have any chances but what was glaringly different way how he plays without the ball vs Costa. Costa never gave our defence a second on the ball - he made us clear the lines and Chelsea won it back. Lukaku gave Cahill Luiz and Co a stroll.... they were walking the ball out. He was jogging around - not pressing. The only player who put in a shift was Cleverley.

They out worked us all over the park. It wasn't just Rom. But let's not start getting euphoric on his goals - he needs to work on defending from the front to take the pressure off the team.

So what? The point is that if he leaves, we need someone who contributes at least the same.

So what? The point is that if he leaves, we need someone who contributes at least the same.

The point is - we will only know how good he is when someone is bought in to do that job. Till then he is being praised without really being benchmarked.

Example:- all the hyperbole around John Stones - how will we replace him, how he brings the ball out etc - We bring in Williams and we have a better defensive record. We look more solid and we are doing better at the back without all the

I've said on many many occasions that I believe the team would do better with a more rounded striker than Rom. His personal goal stats on the whole are pretty good and point to him being a goal scorer.

I would absolutely snap the hands off Chelsea if they offered us Costa in exchange for Rom. He is exactly what we need up front. He has the combative nature of Andy Gray with the added bonus of being an excellent target man and a decent enough goal scorer. I don't think he would score as many goals as Rom - but I think the team definitely would win more game and score more goals.

As long as he carries on scoring then I guess we will have the money to go out and buy a top level striker.

Edited by Hafnia

Oh, and Costa has the following for the last 2 season according to this site and it's nowhere near the 50% you're suggesting:

Season Chelsea total Scored by Costa Assist Percentage

2014-15 73 20 3 31% ----- WON THE TITLE

2015-16 59 12 6 30%

Season Everton total Scored by Rom Assist Percentage

2014-15 48 10 5 31%

2015-16 59 18 6 40%

That's not including cup or European goals, Premiership only.... Plus, Costa has Willian, Hazard, Oscar, etc. creating his chances. Just saying....

All a bit rushed, so forgive any mistakes, I might have misread.

Edited by Matt

We can talk about "yeah, buts..." and "what ifs..." all day long, doesn't change the reality and he is being praised for that reality.

And I don't want Costa near this club, he's an animal.

Stick Costa in an Everton shirt and you would be surprised at how quickly he would become a fan favourite.

Other teams and fans hate him - his own players and own fans love him.

Oh, and Costa has the following for the last 2 season according to this site and it's nowhere near the 50% you're suggesting:

Season Chelsea total Scored by Costa Assist Percentage

2014-15 73 20 3 31% ----- WON THE TITLE

2015-16 59 12 6 30%

Season Everton total Scored by Rom Assist Percentage

2014-15 48 10 5 31%

2015-16 59 18 6 40%

That's not including cup or European goals, Premiership only.... Plus, Costa has Willian, Hazard, Oscar, etc. creating his chances. Just saying....

All a bit rushed, so forgive any mistakes, I might have misread.

I quoted for this season alone - wasn't bothering going into full historics. I just don't see it as a stat that we have enough knowledge on to get euphoric about.

Again - costa has not been the sole focal point of the team. Chelsea for all their wealth uitilise a goalscoring trio of players. At Everton we have Lukaku and pretty much have focussed on getting him the ball.

If Lukaku put in a shift like Costa did against us off the ball you would see a very valuable player. Costa puts in a shift every single game - Lukaku once in a blue moon.

repeat and rinse.

Who's getting eurphoric? We're giving credit where credit is due, based on the existing circumstances.

do you think 40% is good?

personally for me its tantamount to someone saying Jagielka is responsible for 40% of clearances - its a stat that supports his position on the pitch.... whether this is indicative of a player who is much better than his peers I do not know because its not something we have seen to benchmark it on. So for me its a "so what" stat..... pretty much like the goals scored by x age.... it does not tell a story.

Its like doing fantasy football on the NFL. You select the players based on their opportunities rather than ability - you could have the best Wide Receiver in the world but if he is part of a committee approach (3 players rotated) - opposed to being the sole focal point of the passing game then you are best selecting a lesser player who gets targeted more.

If you only want to look at this season so far:

season Total Chelsea Goals by Costa Assists Percentage
2016-17 so far 26 9 3 46%
season Total Everton Goals by Rom Assists Percentage
2016-17 so far 15 7 3 66%

so Costa scores more and creates equal? but Chelsea have scored nearly twice as many goals due to having more quality players who are able to do the same?

yeah - that's what my point is. Lukaku is the sole focal point - Costa plays in a forward 3 who interchange like Barca. It really isn't saying anything Matt other than Chelsea have more players who score goals..... Hazard has 7 goals - the same as Lukaku - 2 behind Costa.

Until we go out and buy a striker who is at least half decent then that will not change.

Edited by Hafnia

do you think 40% is good?

personally for me its tantamount to someone saying Jagielka is responsible for 40% of clearances - its a stat that supports his position on the pitch.... whether this is indicative of a player who is much better than his peers I do not know because its not something we have seen to benchmark it on. So for me its a "so what" stat..... pretty much like the goals scored by x age.... it does not tell a story.

Its like doing fantasy football on the NFL. You select the players based on their opportunities rather than ability - you could have the best Wide Receiver in the world but if he is part of a committee approach (3 players rotated) - opposed to being the sole focal point of the passing game then you are best selecting a lesser player who gets targeted more.

From 1 player with average creative and attacking support, damn right I think it's good. Could it be better? Sure, when you've got world class players behind him.

You seem to be confusing acknowledging what he's doing with thinking he's a footballing god.