IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

You know what I'm not really surprised at them stats on the distance he covers per game, I think it is more to do with how he was coached to play the game as a youngster, in that some European countries don't teach or expect their strikers to do any of the donkey work, like chasing long balls down the flanks or tracking back to win the ball back or defend, Hasselbank and Gullit were great examples of that, they use to come a live in and around the box, I remember when Hasselbank was accused of being lazy he replied, that he needed to keep his strength for scoring goals not defending goals or something along those lines.

Unfortunately or fortunately depending on your point of view Lukaku seems to be in that mould, which is fine if he had their strike rate but he doesn't, so if his mentality can't be changed to work harder it would be better he moves on.

What the passes? Who was he passing to with those small red passes? There is always a pass to make.... it's whether you make the right choice or are good enough to execute it.

You watched the game and had no complaints. Now your using a diagram to have a go. One thing that does stand out is that he tried to pass it forwards towards goal. I'd be surprised if any of our players had a decent ratio going forward.

Reminds me of everyone raving about Kone having a 100% success pass rate in a game, however they were all backwards. Funny how people like to read it.

I agree Paul but if Haf is right with his stats, he doesn't seem to have it in him to change his game or he is not prepared to change his game.

It makes you wonder if that's why Mourinho didn't rate him when he went back to Chelsea, cause if you play in a Mourinho team you got to work your arsed off no exceptions as Mata found out.

Ha ha that's brilliant the entire point of the article was to highlight that we are not playing to Roms strengths and that he isn't getting the right service and yet Haf manages to isolate one stat so he can start shouting I told yo so [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

What the entire point of the article was and what it actually stated are two different things. What is clear is:-

1. The manager hasn't yet sussed out that the lad is useless in the air from a duel perspective.

2. Lukaku is a lazy bastard.

Feel free to debate those conclusions.

...and was only outscored by three of them while playing in a crap side.

So we are moving from averages to "total" now? I don't think there was any striker who played more premier league minutes than Rom. If there was there was little in it. If Rom was at a club with competition for places up front do you think he would have had all the chances he has had with us? No way. 18 games without a goal or something wasn't it.

Rom had lone striker spot for a team over the course of a full season with penno duties... zero rotation. I can only think of kane and maybe Vardy who had that kind of advantage.

So whilst we are talking "average distance" which is what it is.... then we woul have to look at average prem goals per minutes in order to include the other 40 on a like for like basis. I can probably get that somewhere but the fact we are discussing is that the lad is not a willing runner... he can't be part of a pressing team till he changes. Will he do that? Not for us he won't.

I am fairly split in my opinion on Rom but then i read stuff like this and it makes me think.....get lost you cheeky sod

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2016/12/07/romelu-lukaku-would-want-specific-conditions-met-before-leaving-everton/316340/

He does come accross at times like he just wants it handed on a plate for him

It's why he left chelsea. He likes to call the shots. He tried to tell the belguim manager who to play up front with him at the world cup - fellaini I think it was.

I hope to fucking god we sell him just so we can close this thread.

I hope we sell him so we can spend money on a striker or 2 who will give a shit about the team, score the odd goal but give you a copy sustenance effort each game.

Say what I like about Ibra the dirty bastard - he may be old and leggy and a snidey twat but he showed the Belgian how to play the lone striker on Sunday. Just like Costa did before that.

So we are moving from averages to "total" now?

You referenced "total" distance covered didn't you :huh:? Made quite an essay about it, I'm just quoting another (I'd have thought a more important one as you don't get points for miles covered the last time I looked).

Jimmy Greaves was a lazy bastard, ran about fourteen feet per game if I remember the stats correctly, but he did OK.

You referenced "total" distance covered didn't you :huh:? Made quite an essay about it, I'm just quoting another (I'd have thought a more important one as you don't get points for miles covered the last time I looked).

Jimmy Greaves was a lazy bastard, ran about fourteen feet per game if I remember the stats correctly, but he did OK.

Average km per 90 minutes is the whole comparison thing.

Yeah greaves was brilliant, so was a load of players when we had good ole 4-4-2 and many could get away with doing jack shit bar score.

As mentioned above the days of the lone super striker are gone. Teams can't carry lazy fuckers.... in fact if anyone can name one for me I'd be really grateful. Its a different now. Even the likes of defoe is putting in more km.

I hope so.

Such a divided opinion of him.

Fierce critics who can't see his good side...

And vehement defenders that try to justify his faults!

Makes for good reading though.

I'm a fierce critic probably his biggest.... I can see his good side though. It's his finishing and athleticism and that's the whole disgrace of the thing... he doesn't give one shit about Everton FC and never has. One lazy arrogant man who will never look upon us as a stepping stone.

One day he will realise we were the best he could get.

I'm a fierce critic probably his biggest.... I can see his good side though. It's his finishing and athleticism and that's the whole disgrace of the thing... he doesn't give one shit about Everton FC and never has. One lazy arrogant man who will never look upon us as a stepping stone.

One day he will realise we were the best he could get.

Freudian slip?

You love him really :P.

Get with the program Mike , goals mean nothing anymore. Any manager worth his salt knows that we should get rid of Lukaku, he offers fuck all apart from goals and assists. That's not what we want from a centre forward !

We should play James McCarthy upfront because he covers that much ground we would probably win the league, think he even scored once!

My opinion is changing of him. Until we get an out and out no10 who can put him through 1v1 atleast twice a game he's useless. We can't bounce the ball around the final third because he's not a footballer. We can't play direct because he doesn't fancy it in the air.

I appreciate his positives, and his goals are massive for us but I'm starting to believe if we had a footballing striker who could do the basics and get maybe 15 goals a year, we would get far more "team" goals. Just a thought

Get with the program Mike , goals mean nothing anymore. Any manager worth his salt knows that we should get rid of Lukaku, he offers fuck all apart from goals and assists. That's not what we want from a centre forward !

We should play James McCarthy upfront because he covers that much ground we would probably win the league, think he even scored once!

You don't have to get quite so pedantic dunc... in all the years you watched Everton I thought you may at least be able to quantify the value of being able to hold or contain play in the final third - is kinda makes it easy for the team to maintain some sort of concerted focus in the opponents half.

It's all very lovely that Rom has been the man who gets to put the fairy on top of the christmas tree and his goal stats somehow kid you into thinking we couldn't survive without him... I tend to see someone who sits on their arse whilst everyone puts the baubles on and waits for a bunk up to grab the glory... very rarely do we see him start a move and end it or create a goal from nothing.

It's eye opening enough to see a few on here have actually seen the lazy stats as being a "enough is enough" news item. But It's unsurprising in some quarters that's it's prompted more ridiculous defending of a player who honestly does not give a fuck about the club.

I get it... it was lovely to have a marquee multi million pound goalscorer after years of hand me downs and bargain bucket strikers. Kids grow up loving strikers and we ain't had your robbie fowler, owen, torres, suarez, sturridge level goal machines like that lot across the park. So it seems churlish to slate someone who managed to average 14 prem goals a season... but I am because what he given us in goals isn't worth anywhere near the level of shite hold up play, laziness, poor passing, poor touches and constant media bullshit with which he has took the piss out of our club.

If ever we needed a barometer to see how far expectations have dropped at our club - look no further than the be bemusing indulgence of this lad... if he went out and assaulted a waiter in a restaurant some fans would probably blame the lack of service on his behalf.

My opinion is changing of him. Until we get an out and out no10 who can put him through 1v1 atleast twice a game he's useless. We can't bounce the ball around the final third because he's not a footballer. We can't play direct because he doesn't fancy it in the air.

I appreciate his positives, and his goals are massive for us but I'm starting to believe if we had a footballing striker who could do the basics and get maybe 15 goals a year, we would get far more "team" goals. Just a thought

It's not just a thought - it's a very logical and sensible opinion.

I said nearly 3 years ago that would prosper better with a rounded forward opposed to a technically limited footballer with a questionable attitude who has a talent for finishing.

Take troy deeney as an example. Most fans would flip their lids if we signed him for £30m... I would be ecstatic. Sure - not like Rom as a goalscorer but not exactly a million miles away. But how much would we benefit as a team with him? Massively is the answer. I watched him on many occasions- pure example of how forwards are now being used to bring attacking midfielders and partners in to play.

It's not exactly deeney I want but he's an example of how we can make it work. I'd be more than happy to get him.

I get it... it was lovely to have a marquee multi million pound goalscorer after years of hand me downs and bargain bucket strikers. Kids grow up loving strikers and we ain't had your robbie fowler, owen, torres, suarez, sturridge level goal machines like that lot across the park. So it seems churlish to slate someone who managed to average 14 prem goals a season... but I am because what he given us in goals isn't worth anywhere near the level of shite hold up play, laziness, poor passing, poor touches and constant media bullshit with which he has took the piss out of our club.

This is my opinion of every player in the team at the moment, besides probably Gana. Only difference between Rom and those players is the "media bullshit" as you say.

Bolasie and Coleman try hard, but the rest have been poor the most part.

Edited by TonkaRoost

This is my opinion of every player in the team at the moment, besides probably Gana. Only difference between Rom and those players is the "media bullshit" as you say.

Bolasie and Coleman try hard, but the rest have been poor the most part.

when these players get the ball and look up what do they see? do they say a striker on his toes - evading his marker darting into a pocket that he's made for himself? nope.... they see a man jogging around pointing at a patch of grass 15 yards ahead of him. Its all so very tranquil and linear.

the pass option isn't on.... the ball gets passed to the next man, the other team have 8 men behind the ball all marking their players - nice and cusdy. A few more passes and then a hoofed diagonal ball which ends up going out of play. Opposition take the throw in and play it across the back leisurely and build an attack from the back - their attackers drop off, link up the midfield and spin for the return.

we are going to have to play 4-4-2 to get something out of Rom.... there is no other option and yes we may get overrun in midfield as do most teams who play 4-4-2.

we simply can not have the same personnel at the end of January. We need a top level striker as a priority. Barkley will not become the player he has the potential to be with nothing in front of him to work with. Its as simple as that. He is the victim in all of this.

when these players get the ball and look up what do they see? do they say a striker on his toes - evading his marker darting into a pocket that he's made for himself? nope.... they see a man jogging around pointing at a patch of grass 15 yards ahead of him. Its all so very tranquil and linear.

the pass option isn't on.... the ball gets passed to the next man, the other team have 8 men behind the ball all marking their players - nice and cusdy. A few more passes and then a hoofed diagonal ball which ends up going out of play. Opposition take the throw in and play it across the back leisurely and build an attack from the back - their attackers drop off, link up the midfield and spin for the return.

we are going to have to play 4-4-2 to get something out of Rom.... there is no other option and yes we may get overrun in midfield as do most teams who play 4-4-2.

we simply can not have the same personnel at the end of January. We need a top level striker as a priority. Barkley will not become the player he has the potential to be with nothing in front of him to work with. Its as simple as that. He is the victim in all of this.

So your excuse for others being lazy is because Rom is lazy?

So your excuse for others being lazy is because Rom is lazy?

I haven't even said the others are lazy - so I dont know how I'm excusing them to boot.... there's one player we are talking about with the lowest average km over 90 minutes for an outfield player.

I am saying that the lump sets the tone and whether he likes it or not - playing musical fuckin statues is not tantamount to giving your creative players a canvass to work with.

I'll tell you what... just go try it out. Have a game of 5 a side... have the striker just stand in front of his marker. The only time the striker can run is when a pass is made - not before. Good luck being the man on the ball trying to get a pass out....

This is the Lukaku thread guys....clue is in the title!

Yes you got it, it's all about Rom.

You really shouldn't excuse yourselves for doing a shit Jon on the basis that your workmates are also doing a shot job!

Agreed...Haf shouldn't take this argument to other threads, but he isn't going to stop when you are doing exactly th same! And why should he?

Back to the thread, Lukaku is lazy and expects chances on a plate....I could do that.

I can't even work out if he is a good finisher or not yet as he isn't doing much other than standard.

Fact is we are 11th...that's where world class Rom has got us. Does this mean he is shit? Of course not!

Does this explain why is a great striker? Not at all!

Is it his fault or the managers? No idea.

Love you Haf x