IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Lukaku

17 appearances

10 goals (0.59pg)

25 chances created (1.47pg)

66% shot accuracy

64% pass accurancy

47% duals won, 41% aerial.

Harry Kane

13 appearance

8 goals (0.62pg)

19 chances created (1.46pg)

57% shot accuracy

72% pass accuracy

45% duels won - 33% aerial

Spurs

248 chances created

55% possession

83% pass accuracy

20m pass length

Everton

181 chances created

50% possession

78% pass accuracy

21m pass length

So if Lukaku scores almost as many and creates more chances in a team that has created far less, had much less possession and a longer passing average yet is only just less accurate with his passing. Plus this lazy Lukaku sod wins more duels, significantly more aerially.

Get rid... not a team player at all.

Just perfect. Doesn't prove lukaku's the best or great but he isn't a bad player.

Lukaku

17 appearances

10 goals (0.59pg)

25 chances created (1.47pg)

66% shot accuracy

64% pass accurancy

47% duals won, 41% aerial.

Harry Kane

13 appearance

8 goals (0.62pg)

19 chances created (1.46pg)

57% shot accuracy

72% pass accuracy

45% duels won - 33% aerial

Spurs

248 chances created

55% possession

83% pass accuracy

20m pass length

Everton

181 chances created

50% possession

78% pass accuracy

21m pass length

So if Lukaku scores almost as many and creates more chances in a team that has created far less, had much less possession and a longer passing average yet is only just less accurate with his passing. Plus this lazy Lukaku sod wins more duels, significantly more aerially.

Get rid... not a team player at all.

Interesting for a couple of reasons...

Stats are similar despite kane having a pretty poor start to the season. He has a better goals per minute ratio.

I think the talk was in the england squad at the euros that no player in the world had completed as many minutes football in the previous 2 years... 133 matches in 100 weeks with 72 goals. I dont normally buy 'tiredness' but thats insane.

So the comparison is on this season alone.

Aerial duels won favour Rom. Yeah hes done better at winning them of late... one thing id like to know "if a player doesnt jump for the header - does that count as being contested?"...

You see - mc alluded to this and its something that bothers me. The number of times ive seen him make the run to do the jump but just not bother jumping and allowjng the man to get up and header it is peculiar. Its like he pulls out of the challenge? Food for thought.

His blended pass completion looks better than it has been in isolation over the last several weeks... its been appalling and noticable how often he gives the ball away. 45% in two games and 50% in another i think it was.

If you gave me the choice of either player - kane for me. You know what you are going to get and hes rounded. Rom on his day is better but those days are too far and infrequent.

Interesting for a couple of reasons...

Stats are similar despite kane having a pretty poor start to the season. He has a better goals per minute ratio.

I think the talk was in the england squad at the euros that no player in the world had completed as many minutes football in the previous 2 years... 133 matches in 100 weeks with 72 goals. I dont normally buy 'tiredness' but thats insane.

" I don't normaly buy 'tiredness' "............................But your willing too in this instance, Mmmm, not so sure you'd have done that if it was Lukaku !

Strange that, oh well.

Loving some of the 'new' stats being presented, interesting!

The stat man's been out statted and he doesn't like it, Lukaku is a good player fact.

Or is it as I've always said a matter of opinion, to which I have been criticised for saying, by the one person who swore he was right because his stats proved him right when he cherry picked what suited his argument, IN MY OPINION.

The stat man's been out statted and he doesn't like it, Lukaku is a good player fact.

Or is it as I've always said a matter of opinion, to which I have been criticised for saying, by the one person who swore he was right because his stats proved him right when he cherry picked what suited his argument, IN MY OPINION.

Hes not a good footballer... ill argue that all day long. Hes an unairingly composed finisher though.

I just think that if he wants to play for the supposed teams he wants then he will seriously need to imporove on his footballing ability. Its costly to the team.

Hes not a good footballer... ill argue that all day long. Hes an unairingly composed finisher though.

I just think that if he wants to play for the supposed teams he wants then he will seriously need to imporove on his footballing ability. Its costly to the team.

Or he will look a hell of a lot better with a better team around him.

I'd give anything for us to have a Cazorla or Countinho. Even an Oscar before he sold his soul!

Do yourself a favour Haf, don't take the bait.

You will only get slated for it.

Told you this thread was popular hahaha!

Funny isnt it.... imagine micky quinn with with corzola, osvar and hazard around him. 20+ goals there.

This is what makes this the best thread on TTF, it wouldn't be same without the split of opinion, and the conviction of people to air them and not hide from the fallout.

It could be a worse place thread wise if Lukaku was to leave.

I'm guessing by the lack of posts since the game last night that people think he played well? I'd agree.

Well the usual pattern is he scores and you get twitter posts comparing him to how many georgie kinkladze had scored by his 25th birthday or so.e shite like that... with a "he's shit isnt he" comment.

Or you get a game where hes absolutely dross and questioned as to why hes supposedly worth x amount.

Last night he was average. A mid level performance. One you would expect as a standard. His hold up play was satisfactory - better than usual but satisfactory.