IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Seems like it was true. Paul Joyce and The Echo running it now that he's told us he wont sign it and wants to move this summer.

Oh well, we need to start looking for a replacement straight away. Just hope our season doesn't implode after a bombshell like this after it was said to be practically done.

why? we still have another 4 windows before his contract ends and we are owned by a billionaire. look at dortmund and lewandowski.

Mark, don't be silly. We're not City or Chelsea. To turn 60 million down to re-invest in the squad is just out and out stupid. Almost as stupid as keeping an unhappy sulking player.

It's everywhere Aiden. The most telling is the localjournos who are close to the club are very factual about details.

Apparently we want 90 telease he wants a ridiculously low amount, that was the 0000.1% that needed doing. If so I'm glad we didn't give him an easy out like that. Sell him to the highest bidder in the summer and move on.

It's everywhere Aiden. The most telling is the localjournos who are close to the club are very factual about details.

Apparently we want 90 telease he wants a ridiculously low amount, that was the 0000.1% that needed doing. If so I'm glad we didn't give him an easy out like that. Sell him to the highest bidder in the summer and move on.

that's the tough thing, there aren't many. PSG have Cavani. United have Ibra, Chelsea Costa, Juve has a bunch (Dybala, Higuain). I could see Atletico Madrid as a good fit, but they buy low. There just isn't a market for him this summer unless Diego Costa goes to China.

I'm relaxed about this. But, the club shouldn't be. They should have already released a statement about the situation. They likely won't say much of anything. Koeman will end up taking the heat for it in his presser. Fans will turn on Lukaku (and, by extension, the team) and make it worse.

Yeh this has all come from that interview at the weekend nowhere else. People now just pouring petrol on the flames.

In all honesty though I don't expect him to sign another deal. He obviously wants out now. He wants to play CL football and he's defo good enough. The only people to blame are those that failed to secure CL football. Until we find it we won't be able to hold on to these type of players.

Yeh this has all come from that interview at the weekend nowhere else. People now just pouring petrol on the flames.

In all honesty though I don't expect him to sign another deal. He obviously wants out now. He wants to play CL football and he's defo good enough. The only people to blame are those that failed to secure CL football. Until we find it we won't be able to hold on to these type of players.

I agree, and if he refuses to sign a contrarct this summer I still say we keep him until the next summer, at a loss or not. I really feel we have a great shot of CL football next year, and that could maybe change his mind.

agreed.

Until he hands in a transfer request this could either be negotiating (in terms of pay) or hes staying until we say otherwise. Non-story.

The disappointing thing with this is that it sounded like he was ready to sign and had bought into where we're going as a club. I've expected him to move on every season he's been here, not because he's too good for us or anything but just because of his profile, players like him always end up at one of a handful of clubs it seems. It would have been (still would be?) a real statement from us if we got him to extend his contract, but if he wants to go he wants to go.

The question is, do we move him on straight away this summer, flog him for a world record fee and aim to use the cash to buy two or three who will cement us as CL contenders? Or do we gamble on another year, risking getting less from him, but hoping his goals can push us into CL contention anyway, at which point we might convince him to stay?