IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Whatever happens contract or no contract he will not be here for another 1+ year.

It's as clear as day that the contract delay was due to his ability to be released to another club being made more difficult.

The way he has constantly piped on about moving makes me wonder if he's been living out of a suitcase for the past 4 years.

Constant will he / won't he bullshit that we can do without.

These ITK's haven't been very itk for a while now.

What's wrong with these players.

Haf, you've been given permission to go to town (on Bolasie) man.

Something needs to be done here, we cant keep having players spouting off, makes Koemans authority look weak, makes the club look a joke as well. Fine the bastards a weeks wage to show them we mean business that you don't cross the club or the boss. Haf, let loose mate!

Something needs to be done here, we cant keep having players spouting off, makes Koemans authority look weak, makes the club look a joke as well. Fine the bastards a weeks wage to show them we mean business that you don't cross the club or the boss. Haf, let loose mate!

Agreed.

It's an absolute bloody farce.

Everton have him under contract - he is intimating he is not going to extend his stay.... team mates likewise. If we had the money I'd love to be the first club to just chuck a player in the reserves for pulling this sort of shit till their contract is up.

4 years he has been going on about leaving. For those who have really enjoyed him being here its hardly been comfortable.

I recall how gutted I was watching the world sell rooney and seeing him at old Trafford. To be fair to rooney he said nothing to push his move in the media...

I think lukaku loves the attention myself - loves it.

Schneiderlin was either dropped for a couple of games due to his unhappiness or refused to play because Southampton wouldn't let him leave during the exodus actually. Can't remember which one it was. He then made up with Koeman and came back into the fold.

Edited by Romey 1878

Have I missed something here?

Bolasie backs the club to find a way to deal with Roms ambition and you want to fine him a weeks wages?

Have I missed something here?

Bolasie backs the club to find a way to deal with Roms ambition and you want to fine him a weeks wages?

I'm glad you saw it that way too because I've been re-reading it after all the negative comments wondering what I was missing.

I think the message for me is that "Rom is leaving".... bolassie is his good friend - he will know this.

Bolassie is more or less saying the club needs to pull a rabbit out the hat...

My problem remains with lukaku. He needn't have done all this 'my decision is made but I'm not telling you' bollocks... he's been intentionally cryptic.

He's like one of those attention seeking Tits on Facebook who put "really really pissed off right now - I'm fuming" as their status in the hope that people give enough of a shit to say "what's up hun?"

Got a derby in 2 days and media is spending time on this diva.

I think the message for me is that "Rom is leaving".... bolassie is his good friend - he will know this.

Bolassie is more or less saying the club needs to pull a rabbit out the hat...

My problem remains with lukaku. He needn't have done all this 'my decision is made but I'm not telling you' bollocks... he's been intentionally cryptic.

He's like one of those attention seeking Tits on Facebook who put "really really pissed off right now - I'm fuming" as their status in the hope that people give enough of a shit to say "what's up hun?"

Got a derby in 2 days and media is spending time on this diva.

In my experience, people who say that often haven't made up their mind and are desperate to be convinced.

Followed by.

"Oh can't say over social media...."

"I'll DM you"

Yep that's the one... usually done by a person who does selfies under some down light after spending an hour getting glam and practicing a pout.

The reality is many footballers fall into this category... that's why when you get a Stephen Naismith a Duncan ferguson a neville southall it's so refreshing.

I reckon if we win the next couple of games against Sh!te and ManUre... He stays. If we don't, he's on his way.

Don't kid yourself. We could do everything for him but it won't matter.

It's like the bloke who will buy the Mercedes despite knowing that the Ford drives better... it's all about prestige - nothing else.

Don't kid yourself. We could do everything for him but it won't matter.

It's like the bloke who will buy the Mercedes despite knowing that the Ford drives better... it's all about prestige - nothing else.

A win against the Sh!te and then against ManUre, and every Evertonian around the world would be buzzing. I said 'if' we win both; a tall order.

It will be a massive lift given the injuries to Seamus and the like. Sets us on our way to European football, and with two years left on his contract, we will squeeze another season out of him.

This time next year, if we are not in the top four, I'll expect him gone.

A win against the Sh!te and then against ManUre, and every Evertonian around the world would be buzzing. I said 'if' we win both; a tall order.

It will be a massive lift given the injuries to Seamus and the like. Sets us on our way to European football, and with two years left on his contract, we will squeeze another season out of him.

This time next year, if we are not in the top four, I'll expect him gone.

every Evertonian. even I'm not convinced Rom can be classified as that

I thought it was a post written by a journo who hasn't really watched him if im honest. He's not a traditional 9 at all. 9th best aerial stats for a forward? That's not very good but I think we all agree that the aerial side isn't his game.

The comment underneath by declan was spot on:- so I'll paste it in (pasted below)

I've said it on here before, but if Lukaku can fulfil his promise, he'll become one of the all-time great forwards of the game. But it is a big "if"...

Right now, as poor as his first touch is (and it has improved a lot this season) and as poor as his workrate is (and it hasn't really improved much this season), I think his biggest weakness is his mentality. He constantly looks to come short for a ball played into his feet, rather than looking to spin in behind the last defender for a ball played in over the top or slid down the side. Leaving aside how ineffective he is with the ball at his feet and his back to goal, I think he doesn't like making numerous runs behind unless he absolutely knows that the ball is coming. Also, he seems a bit slow on the uptake, in that he seems slow to realise that their space in behind when one of the Everton players picks up the ball. His first thought isn't "How do I get a goal scoring opportunity here", it seems to be "How do I get involved in the play here".

I've seen Koeman on countless occasions this season shouting at Lukaku to get higher up the pitch and stop dropping deep just to get involved. But he still doesn't really seem to get it and still largely does what he wants, when he wants. He'll get away with it at Everton because we need him and we'll accomodate him (as Jonathan says). What will happen when he finally gets his move to a bigger club will be interesting to see.

Edited by Hafnia

every Evertonian. even I'm not convinced Rom can be classified as that

Aaah.. But is he an 'Evertonian' or merely just employed by the club at the moment.

I was referring to fans in that comment. Winning the next two games would put a smile on quite a few faces.

Aaah.. But is he an 'Evertonian' or merely just employed by the club at the moment.

I was referring to fans in that comment. Winning the next two games would put a smile on quite a few faces.

hes a consultant; paid handsomely to do his job because he's an expert in his field. No doubt he has an affection for the club, but as a consultant he's learning and developing whilst wanting more success