IGNORED

Charles N'zogbia

Westwood at Coventry would be ideal. Young and Republic of Ire international on a free as for a left back i think Neville is adequate until Garbutt is ready

Garbutt won't ever be upto Baines' standard. I would like us to go for Dodo from Corinthians. Man Utd still have the option to buy him until he's 21 in 2013 but he's a great Left Defender and he can play Wing Back, similar to Baines. He's a cheap buy as he is coming close to the end of his contract. Or may be Matteo Rubin, from Torino F.C., not sure how much he is worth, but he likes going forward - a bit like Coleman on the left, doesn't have the cross of Baines, but still young.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't think the days of Newcastle getting players we were after would return. Fuck sakes.

Those days were back right when geordies came up on top level. They just have ridiculous amounts for weekly wages, comparing to us. They paid Owen like 120k in a week couple years ago and always seem to have money to do that. Its really embarrassing that we cant fight even free tranfers god damnit >:(

Those days were back right when geordies came up on top level. They just have ridiculous amounts for weekly wages, comparing to us. They paid Owen like 120k in a week couple years ago and always seem to have money to do that. Its really embarrassing that we cant fight even free tranfers god damnit

Really embarrassing that we couldn't attract a heap of overpaid mercenaries and equal Newcastle's level of achievement.....if we'd have got the players they nicked off us we might have had a real shot at silverware...the Championship trophy.

Really embarrassing that we couldn't attract a heap of overpaid mercenaries and equal Newcastle's level of achievement.....if we'd have got the players they nicked off us we might have had a real shot at silverware...the Championship trophy.

at least someone else can see sense!

Well Mike, you know i didnt mean that. I just mean that they can pay, too much, and players these times are always taking that extra salary is offered. Needs to be something other really interesting on team what offers less, and hmm unfortunately EFC cant offer anything else than Moyes. And thats not enought for a too huge amount of players these days :(

ANd yes, for free transfers you should be able to pay bit more in a week, at least if they arenst asking millions on signing bonuses.

Edited by LexKing

I'm confused!? :blink: Is anyone else?

Sorry J was just having one of those days, THANK YOU for cheering up my day haha!

Have i missed something by the way has he signed for Newcastle? Thought he wanted to stay local?

Edited by smeghead1

On the transfer blog on www.aftonbladet.se, http://blogg.aftonbladet.se/sillyseason - they posted about N'zogbias sports agent releasing the news on twitter that he was a done deal for Liverpool. However, 5 minutes later the account was removed and the tweet deleted. Thats Twitter for you.

Translation of blog post (via google translate)

"That is to say the least a little uproar about Charles N'Zogbia. The reason: Wigan star's agent company presented the 25-year-old to Liverpool's players on a Twitter address, and then pull back the news and address.

bleacherreport.com writes that Triple S Sports issued the following on his Twitter, with more than 4,000 subscribers:

- The sum is agreed, personal agreements completed and the player will now undergo a medical examination and sign the contract when he returns from his vacation. The deal becomes official when the medical examination is completed, said N'Zogbia agent companies.

The problem? Shortly after the statement was taken away and Twitter address is now removed. If it is a fake address or if someone hijacked agent's Twitter is unclear.

It is clear that N'Zogbia in any case is not presented as Liverpool's players."

we have no chance! we need a man shity style takeover

I dont believe we need it to be that drastic, if an owner came in and gave DM say 15-20 million to spend WITHOUT selling anyone i believe most of us would be happy with that. He'd then have the money from Yobo, Yak and hopefully Vic to put with it. This year we sold Bellfield for 10 and Pienaar for 3 and Moyse didnt even get a Happy meal out of it.

I dont believe we need it to be that drastic, if an owner came in and gave DM say 15-20 million to spend WITHOUT selling anyone i believe most of us would be happy with that. He'd then have the money from Yobo, Yak and hopefully Vic to put with it. This year we sold Bellfield for 10 and Pienaar for 3 and Moyse didnt even get a Happy meal out of it.

i agree Smeg, maybe long term we need a man city style takeover to sort the stadium out and that side of things, but at the moment Moyes only needs about £20m, abit more maybe and i think we can get 3 or 4 players who will see us right for the next couple of seasons.

No thanks to a Man City style takeover. I'd rather build from the ground up with young players rather than by buying 5-10 new mid aged players and spending $200m every June. While that option is preferable to what we've got now, I'd prefer something like to try building something from the ground up.

No thanks to a Man City style takeover. I'd rather build from the ground up with young players rather than by buying 5-10 new mid aged players and spending $200m every June. While that option is preferable to what we've got now, I'd prefer something like to try building something from the ground up.

You dont have to go nuts just because you have money. I also think Everton would be sensible enough to buy quality players that they need without spending over the top. You seriously would say no to a take over of man shitty proportions? Id say hell yeah.