IGNORED

Charles N'zogbia

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair we were never really involved anyway! And were the hell are we going to get 10m from now, ok we sell a player but we gotta wait for a deal to go through first anyway by then Villa would have put an extra mil in and got there man, so although i would have liked him here he wont be coming.

To be fair we were never really involved anyway! And were the hell are we going to get 10m from now, ok we sell a player but we gotta wait for a deal to go through first anyway by then Villa would have put an extra mil in and got there man, so although i would have liked him here he wont be coming.

It's not like buying something from a store with cash... agreements would be signed in advance of payment.

The Times say we have bid for him today, cant read the story as i am not a member of the tmes website

Everton have made an approach to sign Charles N'Zogbia, although it is not clear how the club would fund the transfer.

Wigan Athletic want £10million for the winger after they rejected a £9million offer from Aston Villa. N'Zogbia has been offered an extension to his contract, which ends this season.

Everton's financial position has been squeezed because their bank is likely to reduce their overdraft facility by £5million to about £20million. The Merseyside club could sell three players to raise money, including Phil Jagielka, although Arsenal are unwilling to match the £20million valuation of the England defender.

It's not like buying something from a store with cash... agreements would be signed in advance of payment.

Yes ok fair point...

My point stands though we have never had a sniff in this transfer, i remember Moyes making a comment early on saying were not in the running for anyone unless i state so, so on the back of that, at this moment in time, its a pointless topic.

http://www.footymatters.com/articles/daily-round-up-wednesday-july-20th-corinthians-halt-carlos-tevez-deal-everton-want-nzogbia-and-stoke-target-crouch/

EVERTON MAKE N’ZOGBIA APPROACH

Everton have made an official approach for Wigan wing wonder Charles N’Zogbia. The Frenchman has garnered a lot of interest this summer, with his club believed to have already turned down a £9million bid from Aston Villa.

The Times reckons the Toffees have made their interest known to Wigan, who are expected to ask for at least £10million. N’Zogbia’s current contract runs out at the end of the season and the club are keen for him to renew, but would rather sell him now than risk losing him for nothing in 12 months time.

Holtby is class, single handedly (imo) he took Mainz to the top of the Bundesliga for weeks at the beginning of the season and they finished a respectable 5th with a pretty average team.

He just makes things happen. N'Zog would be my first choice on the basis that he is an all rounder, everyone knows what he's capable of and he's got experience in this league. Holtby in my eyes (although very good) is seem as a 'risk' due to his league inexperience

How much of Holtby have you seen like?

ive seen him playing in about 5 or 6 games, but i have a german friend who told me about him before id even heard about him, thats when i started looking out for him

lets face it, the chances of us getting either player are slim to none

Edited by theprisoner

Surely we should be looking to offload Yakubu or Yobo as part of this deal? Wigan are crap at the back with two of the worst centre backs to grace the Premier League and International football (The Caldwells) and someone like Yobo would be a perfect signing for them.

They are also shite at putting the ball in the net which Yakubu could help solve. He may not be the player he was but he is better than most of their strikers.

Ok so the stumbling block will be with regards to wages but NZogbia is going to be on a fair whack and would cover one of these easy I would have thought.

Seems like both clubs could help each other out so to speak.

Surely we should be looking to offload Yakubu or Yobo as part of this deal? Wigan are crap at the back with two of the worst centre backs to grace the Premier League and International football (The Caldwells) and someone like Yobo would be a perfect signing for them.

They are also shite at putting the ball in the net which Yakubu could help solve. He may not be the player he was but he is better than most of their strikers.

Ok so the stumbling block will be with regards to wages but NZogbia is going to be on a fair whack and would cover one of these easy I would have thought.

Seems like both clubs could help each other out so to speak.

Very good point. Hopefully they have offered them as part payment. Actually makes a lot of sense to both clubs.

I take it they wouldn't consider Yak plus Yobo plus £3m?

Wait there - have we got £3m?

I'm disgusted that a player who in my opinion offers all we need to opererate on the left, who allegedly is holding out for us due to his North West links can not be obtained.

Is it me missing something, but can one of our super rich memebers of the board bridge a loan as a downpayment? In effect that can be paid back when Yak/Yobo is sold?

I take it they wouldn't consider Yak plus Yobo plus £3m?

Wait there - have we got £3m?

I'm disgusted that a player who in my opinion offers all we need to opererate on the left, who allegedly is holding out for us due to his North West links can not be obtained.

Is it me missing something, but can one of our super rich memebers of the board bridge a loan as a downpayment? In effect that can be paid back when Yak/Yobo is sold?

Yobo's proposed move to Fenerbache is off, and as such I haven't heard one other rumour as to another club even looking to buy him, and the Yak seems to be wearing a number 9 shirt, or at least he was in the Bury game, which suggests Moyes actually may have him as part of his plans for this season.

All the same, I doubt we'd get more than £3m for Yobo, and given his wages, not many teams will be willing to spring for him, and the same with the Yak, only we might get closer to £6m for him.

As much as I'd like shot of both, if Yak can get his fitness and form back and bag us 20 goals, I'd be happy to keep him given Saha's fragile nature. Yobo, well, I suppose having a proven premier League CB can have it's advantages as well, seeing as how I doubt Duffy is ready to make the step up, and we only have 3 first team CB's to choose from, any of whom could easily get injured and leave us short.

and the Yak seems to be wearing a number 9 shirt, or at least he was in the Bury game, which suggests Moyes actually may have him as part of his plans for this season.

Shouldn't read too much into the numbers for the Bury game, Seamus was wearing two, Felli four and Ossie eight, none of them had their names on their back.....think they probably had one to sixteen or whatever and handed them out.