IGNORED

Charles N'zogbia

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know this will wind a few up on here, but face-bothered NO, but Moyes has to share some of the blame for this i feel, Rodwell, Billy and possibly Jonny are all expendable imo for cash, and that side of things are down to Moyes, but due to his legendary stubborness we have missed out again :(

i know this will wind a few up on here, but face-bothered NO, but Moyes has to share some of the blame for this i feel, Rodwell, Billy and possibly Jonny are all expendable imo for cash, and that side of things are down to Moyes, but due to his legendary stubborness we have missed out again :(

What exactly are you talking about? Moyes turned down offers for Bily?

What exactly are you talking about? Moyes turned down offers for Bily?

exactly, we could have got the down payment money if we really wanted to, but seems not because he does'nt want to sell anyone, too late now though, tbh i don't give a flying fuck anymore, we are a complete mess from top to bottom and if we finish in the top half of the league we will be very lucky

It's the first I've heard of that. Who wanted him?

im not saying he did, what i mean is we have players we could sell if we need to, Yobo and Yak are both 'has beens' noone wants them i don't even know why people think we will sell them, i find the whole N'Zogbia thing very,very frustrating, im sure we could have flogged Billy to Russia or Germany

Edited by theprisoner

It's the first I've heard of that. Who wanted him?

A team in Russia bid for him in January the bid was accepted but BILY didnt want to leave. Lets be honest here dont blame Moyes coz our board are a disgrace! Did you realise Championship and newly promoted teams spend more than we do, its a fcuking farce!

Bily may be an unrealistic sale as his value will be likely to be less than half what we paid given his poor form since being here. Does Moyes see him in the role behind the striker as a way of getting his value back up? Who knows...

Rodwell should not be considered expendable. His value is unlikely to fall further than what it is given we know what he can do. He is half a good season away from potentially being a £30m rated player given the fact that I rate him higher than Henderson - he just lost his way last season. So at this moment he should not be considered expendable.

Heitinga... not worth much more than the £7m that we paid for him. Would cost a similar amount to replace, and with lack of cover at centre half is an unrealistic sale.

The 3 players mentioned are potentially worth collectively £50m, when I say potentially, if they get a good run and prove what we know they can do. Right now the 3 of them are worth no more than £26m, and the negligible surplus cash left over from backfilling them would not make sense.

A team in Russia bid for him in January the bid was accepted but BILY didnt want to leave. Lets be honest here dont blame Moyes coz our board are a disgrace! Did you realise Championship and newly promoted teams spend more than we do, its a fcuking farce!

Careful, someone will be asking for facts... :D

Did you realise Championship and newly promoted teams spend more than we do, its a fcuking farce!

You need to add "in transfers" into that otherwise it's bollocks.

We pay vastly more in wages than them; we could always introduce a £25,000 per week salary cap and spend the money saved on players I suppose....if we really wanted to lose our manager, virtually all our players and get relegated.

Bily may be an unrealistic sale as his value will be likely to be less than half what we paid given his poor form since being here. Does Moyes see him in the role behind the striker as a way of getting his value back up? Who knows...

Rodwell should not be considered expendable. His value is unlikely to fall further than what it is given we know what he can do. He is half a good season away from potentially being a £30m rated player given the fact that I rate him higher than Henderson - he just lost his way last season. So at this moment he should not be considered expendable.

Heitinga... not worth much more than the £7m that we paid for him. Would cost a similar amount to replace, and with lack of cover at centre half is an unrealistic sale.

The 3 players mentioned are potentially worth collectively £50m, when I say potentially, if they get a good run and prove what we know they can do. Right now the 3 of them are worth no more than £26m, and the negligible surplus cash left over from backfilling them would not make sense.

the day Rodwell is worth £30m is the day i will laser off all my tattoos lol, no chance, and we have Barkley coming through who looks a far better prospect imo, maybe you are correct haf, i like your posts and your judgments so you may well be right, but i don't see it myself tbh, and as far as Billy and Jonny go, we COULD have got the £4m down payment if needed, im sure one of them Russian teams would have given us £4m+ for Billy

You need to add "in transfers" into that otherwise it's bollocks.

We pay vastly more in wages than them; we could always introduce a £25,000 per week salary cap and spend the money saved on players I suppose....if we really wanted to lose our manager, virtually all our players and get relegated.

Soz Mike0 thats what i meant, but at the same time id like to think that our tv revenue and gate reciepts more than make up for the difference in wages, truth is Kenwright has more mortgages than the halifax and is now draining the club slowly but surely.

the day Rodwell is worth £30m is the day i will laser off all my tattoos lol, no chance, and we have Barkley coming through who looks a far better prospect imo, maybe you are correct haf, i like your posts and your judgments so you may well be right, but i don't see it myself tbh, and as far as Billy and Jonny go, we COULD have got the £4m down payment if needed, im sure one of them Russian teams would have given us £4m+ for Billy

Rodwell in his first season had us stating that £30m would be laughed at, such was his mature performances. I grant you this, the level he performed at last season was way below what we would expect, and if anything it raised doubts about his mental strength. I do however think he will come good and be our very own Yaya Toure.

Bringing up another point, I strongly believe that we need a talented attack minded coach on board. The type of coach who could work with the likes of Rodwell, Coleman, Baxter, barkley, Gueye etc and make them realise their potential. For me, Moyes has surrounded himself with a lot of defensive coaches. To me it screamed out when seeing the likes of Arteta and Rodwell making sideways passes galore and passing up opportunities to shoot.

Can Irvine offer something in this regard? Look at Liverpool, they now have the perfect blend, Dalglish attack minded clarke defensive minded.

Rodwell in his first season had us stating that £30m would be laughed at, such was his mature performances. I grant you this, the level he performed at last season was way below what we would expect, and if anything it raised doubts about his mental strength. I do however think he will come good and be our very own Yaya Toure.

Bringing up another point, I strongly believe that we need a talented attack minded coach on board. The type of coach who could work with the likes of Rodwell, Coleman, Baxter, barkley, Gueye etc and make them realise their potential. For me, Moyes has surrounded himself with a lot of defensive coaches. To me it screamed out when seeing the likes of Arteta and Rodwell making sideways passes galore and passing up opportunities to shoot.

Can Irvine offer something in this regard? Look at Liverpool, they now have the perfect blend, Dalglish attack minded clarke defensive minded.

our midfield is our best asset i agree 100%, and yes if we had an attackminded coach it might make a difference ive been saying for a while that there is issues with the way we train and coach at the club, you only have to look at our injury record to see that

I take it they wouldn't consider Yak plus Yobo plus £3m?

Wait there - have we got £3m?

I'm disgusted that a player who in my opinion offers all we need to opererate on the left, who allegedly is holding out for us due to his North West links can not be obtained.

Is it me missing something, but can one of our super rich memebers of the board bridge a loan as a downpayment? In effect that can be paid back when Yak/Yobo is sold?

http://www.footybunker.com/everton-youngster-may-be-sold-to-finance-two-new-purchases/8296

Wigan may be in a position to allow N’Zogbia to leave for a swap deal though which would probably mean Yakubu going the other way

In all fairness i've given up hope of signing n'zog.. with a fee being agreed with villa and him wanting to move i cant see him waiting around to see if we make an offer anymore, unless we act super fast in selling swomeone.

But if there is any truth in that article, which i very highly doubt, then i'd say selling rodders and being able to get long and n'zog out of it would be a pretty fair deal!!

Edited by Johnny Bryant

Im guessing not considering he hasnt played there so far in pre-season. Tbh if anyone offered around the £5mil mark i would bite their hand off, because he simply doesnt contribute enough.

I agree with your Rodwell point. His value after scoring that goal against Utd would be a good £5-8mil more than it is now. I still wouldnt sell him, but he does have to kick on this year, otherwise he will probably only ever be an average player. I think Moyes really needs to find his best position and stick him there. They seem to want him to be a Jack of all trades (if you excuse the pun) and tbh last season the same could be said of Arteta.

if we dont sign him we are a joke he is twice the player downing is at half the price!!!

He's more of a Young than a Downing - N'Zogbia runs at and takes on players and often tries to go himself, not always a lot of end product. Downing is more of a supply from out wide at the first opportunity, he creates more chances for others but less for himself. Liverpool needed a Downing with Carroll in their team, we need a N'Zogbia with no such force up front and the distinct lack of pace in attack. I would actually say Villa need more of a supplier with Bent up top e.g. replace Downing rather than Young.

I would love us to sign N'Zogbia but I don't actually think Villa are going to be improved losing Young/Downing and signing N'Zogbia with McCleish already stating he'll only be making 1 more major signing (probably along with Hutton too).

Listened to a Wigan based journo on talk sport. Basically villa are getting a class act on the cheap is the feeling from Wigan fans,

Definitely have to agree with them... Wigan were bearable to watch when he was in the match last season

The only way we will sign N'Zogbia, (or anyone else) is if N'Zogbia stalls signing for Villa until early August as that is when we get the Premier Leauge money for next season. In the past we have used bridging loans to cover the gap in time from the start of the transfer window to premier leauge money comming through. I suspect given the clubs financial state (reducing over draft) and the reluctance of Greene and others on the board to lend money this is the reason. It wouldnt suprise me if N'Zogbia has been advised of this which is why he has gone on holiday and avoiding Villa as he wants to come here.

Alot of clubs are in the same position as us which is why there has been so little transfer activity (bar usual suspects) and which may explain why Yobo and the Yak are still here. I predict with absolutly no certainty which I guess makes it more of a well guess, that Yak and Yobo will go in early August and we will get N'Zogbia and maybe one other free transfer or lower leauge signing.

The only way we will sign N'Zogbia, (or anyone else) is if N'Zogbia stalls signing for Villa until early August as that is when we get the Premier Leauge money for next season. In the past we have used bridging loans to cover the gap in time from the start of the transfer window to premier leauge money comming through. I suspect given the clubs financial state (reducing over draft) and the reluctance of Greene and others on the board to lend money this is the reason. It wouldnt suprise me if N'Zogbia has been advised of this which is why he has gone on holiday and avoiding Villa as he wants to come here.

Alot of clubs are in the same position as us which is why there has been so little transfer activity (bar usual suspects) and which may explain why Yobo and the Yak are still here. I predict with absolutly no certainty which I guess makes it more of a well guess, that Yak and Yobo will go in early August and we will get N'Zogbia and maybe one other free transfer or lower leauge signing.

I do hope your predictions right, but I can't see him coming here now. And would the board even give any of the Premier League money to Moyes or would it just go straight to paying off some of our debt?