IGNORED

Charles N'zogbia

We can't really expect BK just donating 10mil of his own money to invest in the squad every year, can we? What we need to progress is a new stadium with higher capacity and other ways to make money: a gym, a hotel, a movie theatre, a shopping centre, anything. I get that most fans probably don't like all of that stuff and want to stay at Goodison Park, but it's the only way forward.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We can't really expect BK just donating 10mil of his own money to invest in the squad every year, can we? What we need to progress is a new stadium with higher capacity and other ways to make money: a gym, a hotel, a movie theatre, a shopping centre, anything. I get that most fans probably don't like all of that stuff and want to stay at Goodison Park, but it's the only way forward.

Correct plus Bill doesn't have a lot more than £10m anyway!!!

We don't have any money as we are missing out on possibly the biggest market money wise - corporate!!!

yeah i know, but he's never going to get that under the current regime, it would do now though

If we had 20 million plus the sales from the want a ways we'd still have the option of selling other players, we would be in a far healthier position as we could buy before we sold something weve not been able to do before.

If we had 20 million plus the sales from the want a ways we'd still have the option of selling other players, we would be in a far healthier position as we could buy before we sold something weve not been able to do before.

Indeed and not shop at www.lastminute.com for a change, buy players to strengthen and then sell on the back of it (if we can), if only hey!!

You dont have to go nuts just because you have money. I also think Everton would be sensible enough to buy quality players that they need without spending over the top. You seriously would say no to a take over of man shitty proportions? Id say hell yeah.

Ok, try reading past my first sentence. I'd love to have an owner as rich as Sheikh Mansour who was willing to spend $$$ on his team, but I just don't want to go crazy every transfer window.

Sounds very Naughton-esque.

N'Zogbia favours Everton switch

WIGAN playmaker Charles N'Zogbia's preference for a move to Merseyside appears to have strengthened Everton's chances of landing the winger, according to reports.

With the Frenchman making his preferred destivation clear, Wigan are willing to accept a down payment straight away, before collecting the balance in a year.

He would prefer Everton. Put if the club has its way and his agent, he'll be at Villa. Nailed on imo.

yeah i read something on BBC this morning, BK was saying that it should be sorted in the next few days

Where did u read that Prisoner? Are we actually gonna get a new face in?? Dont get excited, Dont get excited dissapointment is just round the corner!!

so from the official site

It's only the paper section, so I wouldn't read too much into it.

I wouldn't read too much into Kenwright's words either; I'm still watching that space, waiting for the Fortress Sports Fund money to be in our account, and wondering where the ring fenced money for King's Dock is.

It's only the paper section, so I wouldn't read too much into it.

I wouldn't read too much into Kenwright's words either; I'm still watching that space, waiting for the Fortress Sports Fund money to be in our account, and wondering where the ring fenced money for King's Dock is.

trust me, i take everything BK says with a bag full of salt rather than a pinch of salt, and like you im still waiting for the Fortress Sports Fund, Kings Dock and Many other things that Bill has thrown our way to happen

I wouldn't read too much into Kenwright's words either; I'm still watching that space, waiting for the Fortress Sports Fund money to be in our account....

In all fairness he could be forgiven for thinking it was going to happen if you listen to what Samuelson was saying at the time (22nd Dec)...

"Yes we have the money, yes it is being processed and yes, Everton will have it as soon as possible."

"Money transfers are complicated and these things take time."

"In fact the consortium was over-subscribed, but the money is being paid in dollars from New York and the man who has the final say on its release is in New Zealand."

"We actually have the money in our account but we are now waiting for the final agreement to set up the fund in Brunei."

"Cash transfers can take three or four days, and I hope it is with Everton by Christmas."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/e/everton/4072101.stm

BUT....I'm dubious about N'Zogbia as well....he could certainly get more money elsewhere but I'd be happy to be proved wrong.

I do actually think that this rumour may have mileage, as we can recall Joe Kinnear reffering to him as Charlie Insomnia - and considering Bill works searching 24 hours a day he may well broker a deal at 4am when we are all tucked up in bed. I can just imagine Charles watching The Zone: Challenge Jackpoy on ITV 1 when the phone goes and Bill makes him an offer he can't refuse.

I'm trying so hard not to get my hopes up, but, he would be one player I would really be excited about in our team! An actual winger with pace, tricks, crossing and shooting.

If he really does wanna come, don't fuck it up!