IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful rendition of abide with me by Danny Jones wife at Wembley today before the Challenge Cup final.

Don't know how she held it together, as it had me in tears.

Had to google who Danny Jones was but then had a look and I agree with you. Emotional stuff.

The team I'm involved with played Keighley the week after Danny Jones died, so having seen and felt the emotion first hand it's a massive credit to her and the RFL for keeping the reason for his death in focus and maintaining their fundraising efforts to make sure that lads playing the game are protected.

England women won the European hockey championship today beating Holland in the final (in a shoot-out after being 2-0 down).

Problem is they wear such little skirts and the captain says she wants to keep her kit on all night to celebrate; the fact that she's married to another member of the team fired my imagination :unsure:. I may be an old perv but I can live with it :lol:.

http://www.espnfc.us/major-league-soccer/story/2593606/oliver-bierhoff-a-friend-of-mls-draft-and-salary-cap-system

german national team exec says he is a fan of the american "salary cap" that limits the total payroll amount a team can have. says it might be beneficial to the german FA after seeing so many players leave this summer.

thoughts?

Can't believe Belgium are #2.

in my opinion FIFA isn't interested in an accurate ranking. instead they have the WOW factor. Belgium is 2 while WC champs Germany are 3, WOW i need to watch more football. England is 10 and Wales is 9, WOW that's crazy maybe i should watch more Wales and go the game.

It's simply a marketing tool and clickbait.

Loved Serena Williams getting beaten just now in the US Open semi. Apparently the women's final sold out faster than the men's for the first time because everyone wanted to see her win the grand slam, now they have to watch two Italians slug it out.

According to the the post match interview Roberta Finci, world number forty-three, was 300/1 to win the game. Love underdog success, 'specially on a big scale like this.

Loved Serena Williams getting beaten just now in the US Open semi. Apparently the women's final sold out faster than the men's for the first time because everyone wanted to see her win the grand slam, now they have to watch two Italians slug it out.

According to the the post match interview Roberta Finci, world number forty-three, was 300/1 to win the game. Love underdog success, 'specially on a big scale like this.

I'm glad she lost too. The media had made it seem like her opponents shouldn't even turn up. Well, HA!

• 2 weeks later...

How embarrassing. Though I did need to google to find out exactly who he was (knew the name and that he was big in one of the US sports, just couldn't remember which) :blush:.

Lol yeah best hockey player in the world in the modern era. Like heads and shoulders above the rest. Averaging like 2+ goals and assists a game he was a machine.