IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

Just read that Jonah Lomu has died suddenly at the age of 40. Terribly sad. Absolute legend of Rugby and seemed a real geniune and down to earth guy. Saw him quite a few times on tv during this world cup and he seemed in a good state of health. I know he's had health issues in the past but this is out of nowhere. He tweeted yesterday as well which has really put it in perspective for me personally. One minute you're here, with your friends and family, and then suddenly, the next morning you don't wake up, and that's it. Gone. I know it's a bit of a cliche but life really is too short and everyone should make the most of their life as no one knows what's around the corner.

Edited by Geth

Just read that Jonah Lomu has died suddenly at the age of 40. Terribly sad. Absolute legend of Rugby and seemed a real geniune and down to earth guy. Saw him quite a few times on tv during this world cup and he seemed in a good state of health. I know he's had health issues in the past but this is out of nowhere. He tweeted yesterday as well which has really put it in perspective for me personally. One minute you're here, with your friends and family, and then suddenly, the next morning you don't wake up, and that's it. Gone. I know it's a bit of a cliche but life really is too short and everyone should make the most of their life as no one knows what's around the corner.

I'm not into Union whatsoever but I can appreciate what a monster of a player he was, and what a shame someone with so much ability never won a World Cup!

Thoughts are with his family. RIP Jonah.

That's awful news to wake up to. Thoughts are with his family.

We had a thread for bad kits once but I can't find it so I'll put this here...

https://www.facebook.com/WindsorFootballClub/videos/vb.179233932127098/803278773055941/?type=2&theater

In the early 1970's I was captain of Windsor & Eton FC (they went bust several years ago and are now Windsor FC but play at the same ground). In those days the strip was: red shirts with green edging, green shorts, red socks. I do agree though that the current strip is a disaster.

In the early 1970's I was captain of Windsor & Eton FC (they went bust several years ago and are now Windsor FC but play at the same ground). In those days the strip was: red shirts with green edging, green shorts, red socks. I do agree though that the current strip is a disaster.

Their nickname used to be 'The Royals' as their ground 'Stag Meadow' is on the edge of crown land and is not far from Windsor Castle. Their patron was the Duke of Edinburgh though I don't remember ever seeing him at a game! Nice little ground. Good stand, good clubhouse and floodlights, which was a big deal back in the 70's. I was 37 when I went there and played for a couple of seasons before hobbling into the sunset. Nice little club though.

Edited by johnh

Their nickname used to be 'The Royals' as their ground 'Stag Meadow' is on the edge of crown land and is not far from Windsor Castle. Their patron was the Duke of Edinburgh though I don't remember ever seeing him at a game! Nice little ground. Good stand, good clubhouse and floodlights, which was a big deal back in the 70's. I was 37 when I went there and played for a couple of seasons before hobbling into the sunset. Nice little club though.

I only noticed the kit because my childhood team played there last Saturday John..

http://guildfordcityfc.co.uk/2015/11/15/windsor-1-1-guildford-city-match-report/

GCFC were a great club back in my youth also. Current team are, like Windsor, a reincarnation of a club that went to the wall; I was there at the last game of the original GCFC in 1974.

http://www.espnfc.com/chelsea/story/2735377/chelsea-submit-plans-to-rebuild-stamford-bridge-stadium

Chelsea increasing stadium to 60k. Anfield and white hart lane being expanded too. Meanwhile elstone is trying to trick the city council into thinking we are actually going to do something, smh

Love the first comment underneath, "this will be one of the biggest stadiums in the championship!" :P.

http://www.espnfc.com/chelsea/story/2735377/chelsea-submit-plans-to-rebuild-stamford-bridge-stadium

Chelsea increasing stadium to 60k. Anfield and white hart lane being expanded too. Meanwhile elstone is trying to trick the city council into thinking we are actually going to do something, smh

This is what happens when you have an owner who can pull £500m out of his petty cash tin. City got another huge investment from China today also.

I don't want our club to be like that personally, they are no longer "clubs", they're multi-national businesses. How can a fan feel passionate about that? Might as well go and buy an Exxon scarf and look at the stock market results.

Its almost too perfect... If he was given 15-20 years straight from the off he could have got his head around it.

What has happened is he thought had almost got away with it... a cushy year in prison then a few years playing on a PS4 and watching Breaking Bad in his uncles house thinking "this isn't bad at all". Now what has happened he has to go back - and for far longer than he first thought.... I just wish I could hav e seen his reaction.

My hatred for this arrogant, spoilt brat knows no boundaries. At least now I hope the Steenkamps can move on with their life in some way, nothing will bring their beautiful daughter back but justice will at least be done.