IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/34730265

Why is a question of race? They were sacked because they weren't getting results!

Knew it wouldn't take long for shite like this to be spouted.

Massive bug bear of mine. If they aren't good enough, they get treated just the same as a white manager would.

Will Tim Sherwood claim cockneyism? Or Redknapp ballfaceism?

It's like a weedy kid, not good enough for sports, using his sob story to get the girls sympathy.

Massive bug bear of mine. If they aren't good enough, they get treated just the same as a white manager would.

Will Tim Sherwood claim cockneyism? Or Redknapp ballfaceism?

It's like a weedy kid, not good enough for sports, using his sob story to get the girls sympathy.

He has actually taken the fight for equality backwards. I fear people are being ridiculous and it will take the spotlight away from issues that do need attending to - the main one being that no player has come out as gay whilst playing in years.

Sol Campbell - he said he should have been England captain more than 3 times ahead of Beckham and it was because of the colour of his skin? Did the colour of his skin stop him playing for england right through the age groups? or the ability to be the first player to earn £100k a week player?. The problem with Sol is this - he is not very intelligent. Ironically he came out with this article...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3058497/Former-England-star-Sol-Campbell-describes-footballers-dumb-reveals-loved-sport-not-players-forced-mix-with.html

Did the colour of Rio Ferdinands skin stop him becoming a £30m defender or an England captain 7 times (same for Ince).

There may be some biggotted chairmen and I would hate to see how the top brass at the FA operate - but I say this - if you are good enough you get picked, hired, played or whatever.

Townsend has been very stupid - he has given the real racists an opportunity to shout out and vent their hatred.

Edited by Hafnia

just when we were starting to be ok at the sport they go and do this and ruin it for all the youth. maybe RM will sign a bunch of americans now since he knows they won't want to be a part of set pieces :rofl:

just when we were starting to be ok at the sport they go and do this and ruin it for all the youth. maybe RM will sign a bunch of americans now since he knows they won't want to be a part of set pieces :rofl:

If heading the ball is banned in soccer, then football should be banned altogether. Many pro football players have suffered badly later in life and their brains have been shown to be a mess. Double standard if you ask me.

Heading a football banned for under 11's because it dangerous? Same 11 can live in a house with a fire arm and live ammunition and its OK? Fucking mental country.

Lol I agree. We cater to the small minorities too much in this country. People worried about their kids heads then don't have them play the game, don't change the rules to water it down.

And Bournemouth of late....

Not a buyers market. Apparently.

Being pedantic neither of these are buys, they're minority investments.

You think the Blue Onion et al would be happy if Bill brought someone in but stayed in charge himself? Would cause the internet to melt down.

Being pedantic neither of these are buys, they're minority investments.

You think the Blue Onion et al would be happy if Bill brought someone in but stayed in charge himself? Would cause the internet to melt down.

If the story around Philip Green is true then that already happened a long time ago.