IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

andros townsend to newcastle for between 10m and 14m? i didn't even think he was worth half that. thought lennon was always the better of the 2 and he was what 5m?

ramires 25m to a chinese club? the guy is quality surely we could use him as a 10, not for 25m but 10-15m i'd pay, he's only 28.

the money is making things get out of hand.

Edited by markjazzbassist

same thing is happening in Spain with Neymar, Mascherano, Messi, Xabi, Eto'o, Casillas, etc. I think the authorities in most countries are just getting wise to it. I'm sure their governments will be closing the tax loopholes they use.

Then all the best players will come to England where they can get away with paying less tax than I do with a decent accountant (and a Tory government).

MAN CITY CLUB STATEMENT

"Manchester City can confirm that in recent weeks it has commenced and finalized contract negotiations with Pep Guardiola to become MCFC Head Coach for the 16/17 season onwards. The contract is for three years. These negotiations were a re-commencement of discussion that were curtailed in 2012.

"Out of respect for Manuel Pellegrini and the players, the club wishes to make its decision public to remove the unnecessary burden of speculation. Manuel Pellegrini, who is fully supportive of the decision to make this communication, is entirely focused on achieving his targets for the season ahead and retains the respect and commitment of all involved with the leadership of the Club."

Yep we are too small for him. Great manager. Robertos gotta be shitting himself. His hero will be coaching against us twice next year he can meet the man and talk tiki taka all pre match love fest.

You keep saying "small" - we aren't small. Its bad enough other fans saying it. Small clubs don't play managers £100k a week and have 9 league titles and numerous cups - whilst pioneering most of the things we see in the game today.

Edited by Hafnia

You keep saying "small" - we aren't small. Its bad enough other fans saying it. Small clubs don't play managers £100k a week and have 9 league titles and numerous cups - whilst pioneering most of the things we see in the game today.

haf we are a medium sized club besides history. we are in fact too small for him, he's a CL calibre coach and like matt said will be off to a side participating in that or maybe to coach Chile.

you're like the guy who drives a older BMW and thinks he's got a car equivalent to Rolls Royce and Bentley. yes they are all luxury vehicles, yes technically yours is similar, but realistically its still a step below and older with issues. If you take off the blue tinted glasses i think you might come to see this.

haf we are a medium sized club besides history. we are in fact too small for him, he's a CL calibre coach and like matt said will be off to a side participating in that or maybe to coach Chile.

you're like the guy who drives a older BMW and thinks he's got a car equivalent to Rolls Royce and Bentley. yes they are all luxury vehicles, yes technically yours is similar, but realistically its still a step below and older with issues. If you take off the blue tinted glasses i think you might come to see this.

its not about having blue tinted glasses, it's about knowing your history and recognising that the game precedes the EPL era quite considerably. We are still a big club, one of the most successful in England. We're just not as rich as some.

its not about having blue tinted glasses, it's about knowing your history and recognising that the game precedes the EPL era quite considerably. We are still a big club, one of the most successful in England. We're just not as rich as some.

agreed and no doubt, my point is a simple survey of neutrals would yield us as a medium sized club. the likes of villa spurs newcastle etc. i don't think many would lump us in with United Arsenal and the like.

agreed and no doubt, my point is a simple survey of neutrals would yield us as a medium sized club. the likes of villa spurs newcastle etc. i don't think many would lump us in with United Arsenal and the like.

that just ignorance then, and honestly who cares about the neutrals point of view. Evertonians should always see our club for what it is; very successful during its history with an unfortunate 20year slump. That doesn't make us small, it makes us underachievers.

No i'm the guy who can see the prestige and potential in owning a 1960's Aston Martin that needs some work doing to it. Rather than going out and spending a million quid on a brand new Bugatti Veyron.

To the untrained eye the bling and trend of the Veyron will catch admiring glances, to the historian and enthusiasts - the 1960's Aston Martin will be getting all their attention and for the right reasons, its motoring royalty vs the crude and new.

The Veyron will have to clock up some miles and history before it can call itself a classic.

You support one of the biggest clubs in the world - if you don't understand - you don't matter.

Edited by Hafnia

No i'm the guy who can see the prestige and potential in owning a 1960's Aston Martin that needs some work doing to it. Rather than going out and spending a million quid on a brand new Bugatti Veyron.

To the untrained eye the bling and trend of the Veyron will catch admiring glances, to the historian and enthusiasts - the 1960's Aston Martin will be getting all their attention and for the right reasons, its motoring royalty vs the crude and new.

The Veyron will have to clock up some miles and history before it can call itself a classic.

You support one of the biggest clubs in the world - if you don't understand - you don't matter.

One of your finest ever analogies Haf, I doff my cap in a Northerly direction.

i'm talking about big clubs with history ala United and Arsenal. They have similar history to us (actually richer with more trophies but i digress), so that negates that argument, now look at the rest. We pale in comparison to Kit deal, Stadium, Sponsorships, player attractment, global presence, etc. So they are bigger clubs than us. We are not on their same level.

Do the same with Spurs Newcaslte Villa and I think you'll see we have more in Common, Spurs espcially. Trophies similar and history, except they still beat us in all the financials and have a new stadium on the way. Newcaslte and Villa we are similar trophy and history wise, they have bigger stadiums but commercial wise we are similar. So actually those are probably our closest clubs in terms of everything.

that's how i see it at least, i'm sure you will disagree but to each his own.