IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

Don't really see why the logo is getting stick tbh, the lion has always been a symbol of the PL. It's on the fucking trophy.

Exactly. They had to do something to distinguish it away from the Barclay's Premier League logo, as Barclay are no longer sponsoring the league.

The Premier League needed their own identity considering they're going 'solo' and not taking a single large sponsor (sponsorship will be made up by 7 key sponsors, none of which get any naming rights).

It's fine to me. Modern. Clean. A lion. With a crown. It's head is shaped somewhat like a football, but I think that's deliberate.

Exactly. They had to do something to distinguish it away from the Barclay's Premier League logo, as Barclay are no longer sponsoring the league.

The Premier League needed their own identity considering they're going 'solo' and not taking a single large sponsor (sponsorship will be made up by 7 key sponsors, none of which get any naming rights).

It's fine to me. Modern. Clean. A lion. With a crown. It's head is shaped somewhat like a football, but I think that's deliberate.

I've missed that. Who's taking over?

Haf, I can't open that image mate, what is it?

http://www.skysports.com/nfl/news/12040/10161250/marshawn-lynch-has-retired-from-the-nfl-leaving-us-with-remarkable-memories

The only sportsman who deserves the "beast" title.... what an athlete. Put your feet up big man - well and truly deserve it. Force of nature who earned me so many fantasy points.

I'd put Jonah Lomu above that nutjob! Very talented player though

I'd put Jonah Lomu above that nutjob! Very talented player though

I did think Jonah straight after I typed it (awesome athelete) but to be honest pound for pound this man was insane. I don't think he had any real size advantages but how he used to motor through the bigger blokes was incredible - what was more incredible was that he would do it time after time after time.

Must have been the skttles!

Dropped by Adidas earlier in the day and now sacked by Sunderland.

Not surprisingly. Be interesting to see the facts of the case as they come out though. Not defending him but I know there were circumstances when I was a lot younger when you could be chatting to a lass at a party who looked 18/19 and someone had a quiet word in your ear to tell you that they were only fifteen.

Pleading guilty to "grooming" though on the face of it not looking like he did anything unknowingly. Stupid boy.

Not surprisingly. Be interesting to see the facts of the case as they come out though. Not defending him but I know there were circumstances when I was a lot younger when you could be chatting to a lass at a party who looked 18/19 and someone had a quiet word in your ear to tell you that they were only fifteen.

Pleading guilty to "grooming" though on the face of it not looking like he did anything unknowingly. Stupid boy.

Said similar when it all came out a few months ago. But also said if he was found to have done what he was accused of then he should be punished to the fullest extent.

I remember chatting to a girl and her sister with a mate when living in Holland. She was stunning, absolutely gorgeous and I remember asking how old she was (I was 23 at the time, and the bar was known for underage drinking, where in Holland you can get beer and wine at 16).

Her response stuck in my head ever since: "don't worry about me, I'm 16 but my sister here is only 14". She had her hand on my mates leg (who was 29 at the time). Never left a bar so quickly!

So if he didn't know, i could kinda understand. But grooming a kid? Hope he gets the book thrown at him.

If anybody's seen the picture of the girl he's meant to have been involved with they'll see he was well and truly set up. Looks easily in her early 20s, hair makeup the lot!

Did you ask for every girls passport before you dropped ya kecks?

If it's the one I've seen on Twitter that is, in fact, his current girlfriend and not the 15 year old.

The one that's readily available through a google search is certainly not his girlfriend. Unless specs are needed.

This is what I got from Google...

http://www.craveonline.co.uk/culture/830535-15-year-old-girl-linked-adam-johnson-named-idiots-twitter

"People are insinuating that the minor is to blame for going to an 18+ club (which, as far as we know, she didn't), and that the 27-year-old Adam Johnson, a man almost double her age, is therefore somehow the victim in this false narrative that some poorly educated denizens of the internet have cooked up in an attempt to justify a grown man sleeping with an underage girl."