IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

There's a thing about Steph Curry on the BBC site today..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/basketball/35666661

So I've been watching some vids. Was somewhat aware of the Golden State Warriors incredible start to the season but had not heard of the guy before, seems absolutely incredible. Those three pointers he hits never seem to even brush the hoop on the way in they're so accurate! Man's a machine.

Infantino the front runner!

Sheikh Salman: 85
Prince Ali: 27
Champagne: 7
Infantino 88

Going to a second vote now. Ali hates salman so he will try and get those votes for infantino which would decide it.

i know nothing about this guy, whats he like those that do?

Infantino talks a good game but we don't really know anything about any of them I don't think. It's all behind closed doors stuff.

I don't understand how it became banded about as a FIFA scandal when most of the corruption was between CONCACAF/CONMEBOL and media companies. Ironically, it'd have been better for brand awareness for CONCACAF to have a scandal. I doubt the average American even knows what CONCACAF is.

Are they a cable provider?

I don't understand how it became banded about as a FIFA scandal when most of the corruption was between CONCACAF/CONMEBOL and media companies. Ironically, it'd have been better for brand awareness for CONCACAF to have a scandal. I doubt the average American even knows what CONCACAF is.

LOL yeah no one knows who they are. But i bet they are a big deal to the smaller CONCACAF nations, 5 million or so dollars is a massive amount of money to those small countries.

Quigg blew it.

Whilst I'm at it I can't stand the mcguigan boys, especially shane - looks like a kid driving daddy's car.

Absolutely, he won the second half of the fight for me but lost because he did bugger-all in the first half. Frampton din't do much either but he built a cushion without having to connect with more than two or three punches a round.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/mar/04/champions-league-leicester-relevent-sports-charlie-stillitano

Do American's not like competition? Do they not like clubs earning things but think everything should be handed to teams on a platter?

You're just describing American Sports full stop. Constantly bending rules to please the big boys.

A "World Series" (MLB) that includes only state side, teams? Excellent.

Edit: In regards to the article, that guy just sounds like he's in it to make serious money. I know Football is a business first and foremost but if this break away league were to happen, I think I may have to find a new sport. The entire heart of football would be ripped out, to appease the money merchants hoping to make serious dollar. The whole sport would then just become a spectacle, a piece of theatre, so who could guarantee that the matches aren't all of a sudden fixed? Big stars would just be actors. Like a 'competitive' Harlem Globetrotters. It will be exhibitionism at it's largest.

Edited by Lowensda

You're just describing American Sports full stop. Constantly bending rules to please the big boys.

A "World Series" (MLB) that includes only state side, teams? Excellent.

Edit: In regards to the article, that guy just sounds like he's in it to make serious money. I know Football is a business first and foremost but if this break away league were to happen, I think I may have to find a new sport. The entire heart of football would be ripped out, to appease the money merchants hoping to make serious dollar. The whole sport would then just become a spectacle, a piece of theatre, so who could guarantee that the matches aren't all of a sudden fixed? Big stars would just be actors. Like a 'competitive' Harlem Globetrotters. It was be exhibitionism at it's largest.

This fella is the dick head that changed the rules of that ICC half-way through when we were in it so we couldn't make the final, so we shouldn't be surprised he's at the heart of this.

This fella is the dick head that changed the rules of that ICC half-way through when we were in it so we couldn't make the final, so we shouldn't be surprised he's at the heart of this.

This guy, from footballing purists, shouldn't even be considered as a proposition. It just proves that the 'top' teams, don't have football as their priority.

Edit : Go on Arsenal!!! http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35708137

Arsenal say they are "strongly opposed" to the formation of a breakaway European super league.
Edited by Lowensda

Looking at the Red Bull Rampage and the totally insane participants reminded me:

In the late 1940's early 1950's Liverpool had a Motor Cycle Speedway team called the Liverpool Chads. I used to go and watch with my brother. I then got roped into a cycle speedway team which used to race at a cinder track in Lower Lane. It was run by a lad called Peter Craven whose older brother rode for Liverpool Chads. I was a bit younger than the others but got to race a couple of times in each match. Peter Craven went on to proper speedway and became World Champion. Unfortunately he was killed in a speedway crash. The cycle speedway could be a bit naughty and you had to be able to look after yourself. The most common move was on a bend. If you had enough speed you could slide the bike into the turn and if your rear wheel made contact with the front wheel of your opponent, he was gone. Small beer compared with the Red Bull Rampage though.