IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

And Lazio are going to go out tonight now unless they can score four pdq, 3-0 down at home to Sparta Prague (4-1 agg) with an hour gone. That should let us build up a bit of a buffer so we're safe for a few more seasons.

And Lazio are going to go out tonight now unless they can score four pdq, 3-0 down at home to Sparta Prague (4-1 agg) with an hour gone. That should let us build up a bit of a buffer so we're safe for a few more seasons.

yes but it's not like liverpool/man u or man city are going to be going any further. i expect both to be knocked out next round and i expect the battle with the italians to rage on next year. they closed the gap from 10 back to what 3-4 back now, they are closing in.

yes but it's not like liverpool/man u or man city are going to be going any further. i expect both to be knocked out next round and i expect the battle with the italians to rage on next year. they closed the gap from 10 back to what 3-4 back now, they are closing in.

Don't know exactly how the formula works but it's weighted towards the CL, where we've done better than them, and we've also done better in the Europa. That's not them closing in, that's them falling back.

Don't know exactly how the formula works but it's weighted towards the CL, where we've done better than them, and we've also done better in the Europa. That's not them closing in, that's them falling back.

http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/country/

mike the way it works is previous season count up to a certain point. as you can see 11/12 will be gone (where england did a lot better than italy) next year so the gap will be closed even more, i could see it being 16 eng to 14 italy again this year unless the english teams do well. that would make the gap a 2 pointer, even closer than this year.

Edited by markjazzbassist

http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/country/

mike the way it works is previous season count up to a certain point. as you can see 11/12 will be gone (where england did a lot better than italy) next year so the gap will be closed even more, i could see it being 16 eng to 14 italy again this year unless the english teams do well. that would make the gap a 2 pointer, even closer than this year.

We'll drop the four points we beat them by in 11/12 but we're already guaranteed to beat them by minimally three points this season by my reckoning even if City and the winners of tonight's game go no further. Then we only have another two point advantage to defend for the next season, before they drop their five+ point advantage the year after. Possible (but unlikely imo) we might lose a place in 17/18 but even if that happened we'd be more than likely to have it back the following year.

We'll drop the four points we beat them by in 11/12 but we're already guaranteed to beat them by minimally three points this season by my reckoning even if City and the winners of tonight's game go no further. Then we only have another two point advantage to defend for the next season, before they drop their five+ point advantage the year after. Possible (but unlikely imo) we might lose a place in 17/18 but even if that happened we'd be more than likely to have it back the following year.

yes it will still be tight next year, the sad thing for the italians is that Juve is really the only team competing well, Roma didn't do well, and Inter and AC Milan are shadows of their former selves.

Looks like 3 to me. Don't understand that. Sideways (level) passing is acceptable. Forward certainly isn't.

Don't understand why the commentators don't mention it, or how the officials didn't see it, or why the BBC can call it an amazing try when it blatantly should've been called back :dont know:.

Have they changed the rules in Rugby League so that you can now pass the ball forward :huh:?

At least two in this, arguably three...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/35870115

It has always been the case in Rugby League. In the 1950's when I lived in Leeds, I saw the odd Rugby League game as I lived 5 minutes walk from Headingley. Regularly saw forward passes let go. When the odd forward pass is missed by a ref at a Union game you will always hear a comment about 'are we playing League rules'.

It has always been the case in Rugby League. In the 1950's when I lived in Leeds, I saw the odd Rugby League game as I lived 5 minutes walk from Headingley. Regularly saw forward passes let go. When the odd forward pass is missed by a ref at a Union game you will always hear a comment about 'are we playing League rules'.

Hmmmm. OK.

I thought one of the fundamental tenets of both codes was that you passed the ball backwards. It's kind of the whole point of the game isn't it?

Apart from the scrum....oh wait a minute.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/tennis/35878010

Really sick of all this now - personally I think Djokovic missed a trick. How can female tennis players ask for equal pay when they only play best of 3 sets? Men have to play the best of 5...

Imagine... men playing best of 3, women playing best of 5 and the men having all that spare energy to win ££££ in the doubles matches - I'm sure there wouldn't be a kick off.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/tennis/35878010

Really sick of all this now - personally I think Djokovic missed a trick. How can female tennis players ask for equal pay when they only play best of 3 sets? Men have to play the best of 5...

Imagine... men playing best of 3, women playing best of 5 and the men having all that spare energy to win ££££ in the doubles matches - I'm sure there wouldn't be a kick off.

Only in the Grand Slams where ironically the prize money is already equal.

Andy Murray...

"At the US Open last year, the tickets for Serena's matches were selling out much quicker than the men's matches,"

The clue's in the name of the tournament Andy, she's an American (and the Americans don't have a top male player currently) so people want to see her! At Wimbledon tickets for your matches would sell out first, and in the Serbian Open (if there is such a thing) Novak's would sell out first.

Only in the Grand Slams where ironically the prize money is already equal.

Andy Murray...

"At the US Open last year, the tickets for Serena's matches were selling out much quicker than the men's matches,"

The clue's in the name of the tournament Andy, she's an American (and the Americans don't have a top male player currently) so people want to see her! At Wimbledon tickets for your matches would sell out first, and in the Serbian Open (if there is such a thing) Novak's would sell out first.

Plus, wasn't that the final where if she won she'd hold all Slam's at the same time? So people were bound to be clamoring for those tickets.