IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

I thought it was a good post, I still don't think pundits should tell footballers how to live their lives as they only know from hindsight. I'm completely and legally allowed to have an opinion whether you view it as right or wrong. Take a social psychology course and you're learn right and wrong is the lowest level of moral development by Kohlberg. the more you become developed the more you realize there's more to an argument than that.

Obviously they teach you deflection techniques in that.

My point is that your original post on the matter...

Mentally ill and he's on tv? Great standard for punditry

...was deeply flawed, offensive and just plain out of order.

http://www.espnfc.us/tottenham-hotspur/story/2853229/tottenham-close-to-deal-to-play-at-wembley-source

spurs at wembley for up to 2 years while their stadium is built.

Totally disagree with this. Wembley should be a venue for finals and internationals - its bad enough semi finals being played there. Spurs benefit from a "novelty" which will get more fans through the gates....

Totally disagree with this. Wembley should be a venue for finals and internationals - its bad enough semi finals being played there. Spurs benefit from a "novelty" which will get more fans through the gates....

yes i was thinking the same thing, will water down FA cup and League Cup events there. Although on the other hand i doubt spurs will have 90k fans at every home match, it will probably be half? 3/4's full? that is a massive stadium to fill each week.

Whatever people think about Levy he is the shrewest of businessmen out there, he always gets top dollar for transfers and commerical deals and apparently stadium deals.

Good of you to take the rap Randy but it wasn't your fault it was Martin O'Neill's :shaking fist:.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36112388

I'd have quite liked for him to call MON out...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3535308/Martin-O-Neill-share-blame-Aston-Villa-s-sorry-demise-club-s-rot-started-reckless-spending.html

"Lerner has played his part in Villa's demise of course, it is happening on his watch and he hasn't taken good enough care of the club."

Did you skip that bit ;)?

What makes you think I skipped that bit?

You know the answer to that, I refuse to be drawn in; I only posted the original article and made the tongue in cheek comment because I knew you'd bite. You did. I'm done. No point doing the same dance again.

Spotted something about the first defeat inflicted on England on home soil. Most people think it was by Hungary but it was in fact by Ireland. 2 - 0 at Goodison Park in 1949. It was a Wednesday afternoon (no floodlights) and I was there. Must have bunked off school and a lot must have bunked off school or work as there were over 50,000 there. Peter Farrell, the Everton captain, scored the second goal 5 minutes from time. I was 13 at the time and was stood right behind the goal he scored into. What a player and captain he was, worked his balls off for 90 minutes every game. How we could do with him today.

You know the answer to that, I refuse to be drawn in; I only posted the original article and made the tongue in cheek comment because I knew you'd bite. You did. I'm done. No point doing the same dance again.

I'm actually pleased that some people are holding MON accountable for what was gross mismanagement of resources near 6 years ago - I would say butterfly effect but that gives the indication what MON did initially was quite small - it wasn't it was significant and crippling.

I can honestly say I have never ever seen such an expensively assembled pile of absolute garbage in what MON did (Harewood, heskey, Young, Reo Coker..... plus many more) - when you look back you would actually be forgiven to think that he was doing a demolition job. I just wish Liverpool signed him as their manager.

Spotted something about the first defeat inflicted on England on home soil. Most people think it was by Hungary but it was in fact by Ireland. 2 - 0 at Goodison Park in 1949. It was a Wednesday afternoon (no floodlights) and I was there. Must have bunked off school and a lot must have bunked off school or work as there were over 50,000 there. Peter Farrell, the Everton captain, scored the second goal 5 minutes from time. I was 13 at the time and was stood right behind the goal he scored into. What a player and captain he was, worked his balls off for 90 minutes every game. How we could do with him today.

90 minutes? - our players do about 10 minutes and then take a break

I'm actually pleased that some people are holding MON accountable for what was gross mismanagement of resources near 6 years ago - I would say butterfly effect but that gives the indication what MON did initially was quite small - it wasn't it was significant and crippling.

I can honestly say I have never ever seen such an expensively assembled pile of absolute garbage in what MON did (Harewood, heskey, Young, Reo Coker..... plus many more) - when you look back you would actually be forgiven to think that he was doing a demolition job. I just wish Liverpool signed him as their manager.

Said the same of mon when he was there. Got a called a looney. I'm still bitter that they beat us in games that were so one sided you'd think we'd have won by 5.

Tbf Benitez done a good impression, left am absolute mess. Somehow avoided any blame.

GB Olympic kit revealed. Hate to lower the tone but what if you're a diver who's slightly more....er...generously endowed than Tom Daley? Where the hell do you stash it?

_89464726_stella_kit.jpg

Another thing I don't get is our selection process across different sports. In some (eg cycling), nobody will be selected for any given event where it's deemed we have no chance of a medal. And yet we've just selected three marathon runners who finished more than ten minutes behind the winner in the London race (our official qualifier), who stand as much chance as me of getting a medal. Makes no sense.

I think the second policy is the right one personally, it's supposed to be about taking part isn't it? Not just winning.

My close contact with the Olympics.

In February 1959 I received a letter from the FA (signed by Sir Stanley Rous) advising me that I had been selected for trials for the Great Britain amateur team for the 1960 Rome Olympics. I was to play for Northern Amateurs in a game against Stockport County. It was an evening game under lights. We met at a hotel in Manchester where the players were introduced to each other. I was also advised that I would be captain (presumably because I was centre-half - and in the middle!). The goalkeeper was a lad from Loughborough College named Bob Wilson who went on to play for Arsenal and Scotland. The game was played in thick fog, you couldn't see either goal from the centre line. Don't know how the selectors were able to judge anything but I never heard anything more! The centre-half spot went to Laurie Brown of Bishop Auckland who went on to play for Spurs so I probably wouldn't have made it anyway. Still got my letter though, and a programme for the game.

Didn't see much of the Snooker final as I watched the Chelsea v Spurs game. Not only did Mark Selby win the world championship but he also took the accolade of slowest player in history from Cliff Thorburn and Terry Griffiths. I'm sure I saw him walk around the table about four times, looking at every possible angle, to pot the last (straight) black off its spot with the white 12 inches away. Maybe I dreamt it as I kept falling asleep.

Spanish sides are now 14/14 against teams from other countries in UEFA knockout rounds this season. They are 17-1 up in their past 18 meetings with Premier League opponents, and have won 45 of their past 48 two-legged ties against rivals from across the full continent.

Certainly the most prepared for champs league. The premier league may have more competition but Spanish sides keep winning and double booking the champs league final.

Spanish sides are now 14/14 against teams from other countries in UEFA knockout rounds this season. They are 17-1 up in their past 18 meetings with Premier League opponents, and have won 45 of their past 48 two-legged ties against rivals from across the full continent.

Certainly the most prepared for champs league. The premier league may have more competition but Spanish sides keep winning and double booking the champs league final.

See what you did?