IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

Several people need to be vaulted on this, but I'm far too busy doing nothing to do it myself...

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33529577

wow, i honestly feel bad for that club and fans. the owner publicly wants to sell and can't get it sold. i wonder if its him holding out for a better deal on his end, or if there just aren't many suitors to buy football clubs these days.

150m for villa, i wonder what our club valuation would be?

Edited by markjazzbassist

they do have a better more modern stadium which is a big selling point for investers.

That's because Lerner pumped millions into the stadium as well as buying them a training ground that they actually own.

Learners tenure was spoilt by the free spending MON and all the improvents he did with the ground and surrounding areas along with commercial performance has been glossed over.

http://www.thefa.com/news/governance/2015/jul/fa-statement-malky-mackay-and-iain-moody

I saw some people complaining that it was announced today because apparently there's other sporting things going on. I literally couldn't name any, I presume cricket but I couldn't care less about that !

The FA are taking no action against Mackay and Moody (or Scudamore).

http://www.thefa.com/news/governance/2015/jul/fa-statement-malky-mackay-and-iain-moody

I saw some people complaining that it was announced today because apparently there's other sporting things going on. I literally couldn't name any, I presume cricket but I couldn't care less about that !

The FA are taking no action against Mackay and Moody (or Scudamore).

Apart from the Tour de France and The Open golf, plus the Ashes it's a quiet day for sure.

(I think the cycling is ok)

Froome/Sky bossing it, blowing the other "big guns" out of the water. Highlights show is the only thing I have on series link at home. Geraint Thomas riding out of his skin, possibly the next big winner after Wiggins and Froome, has it all.

For me the only thing that seperated Tiger from other golfers was his arrogance - he used strong mentality to "bully" his peers, no one dare wear red on last day etc etc, he never spoke to anyone other than Mark Omeara - in short he behaved like an obnoxious brat.

Was he good? yes, very very good at his best. Is he the best ever? No. Jack Nicklaus had more instense competition in Gary Player, Arnold Palmer, Johnny Miller, Lee Trevino. Tiger knew he had to use his mentality to dominate, at the expense of being a decent person too.

For me in terms of best golfers ever:-

Ben Hogan

Jack Nicklaus

Bobby Jones

Sam Snead

Tiger Woods

Tom Watson

Seve Ballesteros

Greg Norman

For me he hasn't even got anywhere near the best swing on tour, I personally think Adam Scott has had that for the past 10 years and Rory is up there with him now. In terms of the best ball striker I have seen in my life time - thats easy Greg Norman, hit it like everyone wants to see it hit - none of this swing easy and getting into this position, that swing plane, etc etc, he swung it like a beast.

From a UK perspective watch out for Danny Willet, I think he is a potential name for a major.

Currently joint leader - could have got some serious odds on him before Thursday.

A number of Chelsea fans have received 5-year bans for their disgraceful racist behavior on Paris. One of them is a director in a human rights organization. That's just plain ridiculous. Personally, I'd like to see them banned for life.

I'd not seen that bit. Astonishing.