IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

Guest blueboy122

Through poor man management from Moyes obviously, VDM was blameless B).

would have loved seeing VDM play a full season for us.... He could have been one of the best players to have ever played for us. Such a shame

The coach of the Panama team Julio Dely Valdes told ESPN that they asked a fan to run on the pitch in their game against USA when the USA were attacking in their World Cup qualifying game in an attempt to prevent them scoring, the fan did what was he was told but it was behind the the action on the pitch and the goal was scored - it sent Mexico to the World Cup (and prevented Panama?).

Sportsmanship in the Central American region.. :)

Guest blueboy122

What the fuck is Moses doing in that video did they run out of money or something when choosing the cast.

See all the top players Cavani, Ronaldo, Rooney etc then Moses pops up.

Random

Watched sky fantasy football program last night, an enjoyable watch usually as you get to hear who all the ex players rated and why.

Souness was on last night and one part made me take note, and Its not the first time this player had been mentioned on this program.... TUGAY

Seriously, he has been included in a fair few teams now by his ex team mates and Souness said last night he was the best player he's ever managed - ridiculous ability. One of those players that many fans dont see as being as good as they are. Souness said he could have played for any team in the world and I think SAF echoed this somewhere else.

Lewis Hamilton...

"While Barbados and a lot of other places in the Caribbean are beautiful, they're not wealthy.

My auntie, for example, lives in Grenada in a shack that is no more than 15ft square. That's how my dad's dad lived before he came to England."

Why don't you buy her a fucking house then :huh:?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/27526301

Just how many times does Michael Carberry have to look totally out of his depth before the selectors realise he's not international standard and fuck him off?!

James Taylor came in for England and gave a good account of himself and was shunted out for no reason. This bloke is old and fails every time and still gets picked. Mad.

Just how many times does Michael Carberry have to look totally out of his depth before the selectors realise he's not international standard and fuck him off?!

James Taylor came in for England and gave a good account of himself and was shunted out for no reason. This bloke is old and fails every time and still gets picked. Mad.

Yeh its the same with Root too :)

On a related note, I really dont get one day cricket. The game drifts for large periods, suspense rarely builds and with the amount of slower bowler now coming into the game they seem to score at only a slightly faster rate than test matches. Cricket is boring enough at the best of times, but I dont see what these one day games offer as a product.

Yeh its the same with Root too :)

Root isn't the same at all really. He's young so will grow and he has hit some big scores for England in one dayers, so it's not like he fails every time. Carberry playing is just baffling.

That being said, I don't like him being part of the one day sides.

Root isn't the same at all really. He's young so will grow and he has hit some big scores for England in one dayers, so it's not like he fails every time. Carberry playing is just baffling.

That being said, I don't like him being part of the one day sides.

It is because he isnt delivering on the main stage at the moment and whenever I have seem him play on anything other than a flat track he looks devoid of confidence. Other than one of the home tests against Australia (where he was dropped at least a couple fo times), he hasnt scored any meaningful runs for England and when we have needed him to stick in and see it out, he has pretty much always faultered. He isnt the only one mind you and he does have potential but he needs to go back to Yorkshire and get some big runs, work on his game and come back a better player and more like the one who came into the side 18ish months ago.

Edited by Bailey

It is because he isnt delivering on the main stage at the moment and whenever I have seem him play on anything other than a flat track he looks devoid of confidence. Other than one of the home tests against Australia (where he was dropped at least a couple fo times), he hasnt scored any meaningful runs for England and when we have needed him to stick in and see it out, he has pretty much always faultered. He isnt the only one mind you and he does have potential but he needs to go back to Yorkshire and get some big runs, work on his game and come back a better player and more like the one who came into the side 18ish months ago.

I'm talking about one-dayers not Test scoring? And he has some decent scores in one-dayers (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Players/204/204606/o_Batting_by_Season.html), hence me saying it's not the same as Carberry as he hasn't failed every time like Carberry.

Guest Nikica

Southampton are one of those clubs who are probably gonna be picked apart now. Real shame as I'd have liked to see them crack top 6 at some stage.

Spurs have had around 20 managers in the last 30 years, sometimes 2 managers in one season on more than one occasion. It's likely Harry Redknapp is their longest serving manager in that time at about 3 seasons? Maybe him or Gerry Francis in the 1990s?

Kiss of death to go there as manager, in my opinion. You're up against the club as well as the opposition from the outset. Pochettino is toast! (watch them finish 2nd or something stupid like that next season, now!)

Guest Nikica

Someone posted this elsewhere. I found it interesting as I've been saying the same thing (in the group stage he also scored a hat-trick when RM were already 3-0 up versus Galatasaray). Half his goals in his much vaunted '17 goal CL season' tournament were utterly meaningless. He's the king of scoring meaningless goals on the counter when the other team is forced to open up. I think you'd have to argue that Ramos had a better CL season than he did as he defended well and scored crucial goals. Of course that won't happen as Ramos doesn't have lots of 12 year old fanboys who lust after him:

"Cristiano was clearly the stand-out player of this season's CL, setting an all-time record and scoring with ridiculous consistency, but that statement is hugely unfair on his team mates. In fact almost none of his goals in the knock-out stages were vital ones.

Schalke 1 - 6 Real Madrid: scored 0-3 & 0-6 (Benzema opened the scoring, Bale extended the lead)
Real Madrid 3 - 1 Schalke: scored 1-0 & 2-1 (fairly redundant given the 1st leg result)

Real Madrid 3 - 0 Borussia Dortmund: scored 3-0 (Bale opened the scoring, Isco extended the lead)
Borussia Dortmund 2 - 0 Real Madrid: absent through injury, on aggregate his 1st leg goal was vital

Real Madrid 1 - 0 FC Bayern: didn't score (Benzema scored the only goal)
FC Bayern 0 - 4 Real Madrid: scored 0-3 & 0-4 (Ramos scored the first two)

Real Madrid 4 - 1 (aet) Atlético: scored 4-1 (Ramos scored the vital equaliser, Bale scored the lead goal, Marcelo extended their lead)

If anything this perfectly illustrates Real Madrid and Cristiano's biggest strength (or so the pattern goes in this year's CL anyway): killing off the opponent on the counter after they've been forced to open up (usually through a Benzema, Bale or Ramos goal*).

*on a side-note, it was also Benzema and Ramos who put RM within one goal of reaching the final last season in the 2nd leg v Dortmund (after that 1st leg mauling).

So while his campaign was wildly successful and the numbers speak for themselves, it's entirely wrong to paint this as a one-man show IMO. On an individual level he's had more impressive campaigns in 2007-08 and 2008-09, scoring several vital goals en route to the final -- and far better in quality too (v Porto, Arsenal). Same goes for Messi by the way: he scored 14 CL goals back in 2011-12, but not many important ones like in 2008-09, 2009-10, 2010-11 or even last season (v AC Milan, PSG).

More isn't always better."
Btw, that Redcafe is a very strange site. They're always laughing at RAWK and Bluemoon despite the fact the Liverpool and Man City forums are generally more intelligent than Redcafe. What a deluded bunch of bellends.
Edited by Nikica