IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

Seems to be well qualified from what I've read. Good luck to her :)

They're so high profile, I've never even heard of the team in question.

Pleased for her to a certain extent, but it'll be a long wait until such a thing is implemented in the top leagues of the UK. Brady was about as close as we came to seeing such an instance, but say a woman manager in the EPL ? Can't envisage such a thing anytime soon.

They're so high profile, I've never even heard of the team in question.

They're a small team, but fair play to them they've made it to the second tier of the French leagues so they're there on merit. Apparently it's a very small squad she has to work with too, and will have to use some youth players to make up the numbers. So suffice it to say that even just maintaining their Ligue 2 status for any length of time, she'll have done an exceptional job

Guest blueboy122

United have supposedly bid £27m for Shaw.

He's the LB Moyes should've gone for last summer.

27M

Jesus Christ.

He's had one good season in this league.

How does he contribute that price tag....

10-15 max because of his potential.

If I was soton I'd charge whatever Man U was willing to pay! They are smart for this, he could flop or have his maturation flawed while there and not see much time (like pogba and so many others). I really think that the team is a mess and even 150-200m isn't going to get it back to the too 4. They'll just have a bunch of mercenaries and money hungry people, which is going to be like spurs this year.

If I was soton I'd charge whatever Man U was willing to pay! They are smart for this, he could flop or have his maturation flawed while there and not see much time (like pogba and so many others). I really think that the team is a mess and even 150-200m isn't going to get it back to the too 4. They'll just have a bunch of mercenaries and money hungry people, which is going to be like spurs this year.

It's not a good time to be a Saints fan. The papers will be running stories until September about how their players and manager will be moving on. We've already had stories such as Schneiderlin to Arsenal, Shaw to Man Utd, Pochettino to Spurs and Lallana to Liverpool.

It's a shame that it never worked out for Lerner at Villa.

Aston Villa up for sale...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27372342

Watch how quick they get sold. He's using bank of America to help with sale, he sold MBNA to BOA and probably has good contacts there.

I think he's been excellent for villa, it's just unfortunate that the gobshite Martin O'Neill blew millions of his cash.

I'm still gutted that kenwright rejected his advances.

Guest blueboy122

Would have Schneiderlin in a heartbeat.

Agreed quality player.

Goes under the radar but is so effective a lot like Ki at Sunderland

Lerner paid £62m for Villa in 2006 and wants £200m for them now when they've finished 16th, 15th and 15th in the last three seasons with a points tally in two of those seasons (38, twice) which would normally have seen them relegated but for four or five more desperate sides than them.

Is he for real?

Then there's the millions needed on new and better players to even try and move them up the league table. Everton must be worth about £1bn by his calculations.

Rio Ferdinand not being offered a new contract. No surprise. One of many banana skins left for Moyes (or whoever it might have been) by Ferguson and Gill.

Ferdinand will get a year or two somewhere else I suppose.

Oh dear me....those of you from the Wirral need to hang your heads in shame :lol:.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/27177518

When I moved to the US almost 30 years ago, I worked for Britain's top software company (won't give away names). There were several Brits in the office near Boston, and someone heard that HMS Intrepid was arriving for a few days. We managed to contact the ship's crew and arange a cricket match. On our team, we have nine Brits and two Americans. The Intrepid team batted first and scored about 160 runs in 20 overs. Then it was our turn to bat, and we were soon 0-7. At that point, one of the Americans came to the wicket, holding his cricket bat horizontally as if it was a baseball bat. First ball, he swung and hit a four. Second ball, he was out. Soon after, we were all out for 5. Only later did we learn that the Intrepid team had once played the Windies national team! Still, everyone enjoyed the celebration after the game. :)