IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

Carroll knows that the only reason he has a case is because it didn't connect and it was a lazy flailing arm - rather than a Leonardo jaw breaker.

That said for me it wasn't conclusive enough to warrant a straight red, refs are going to have a nightmare in deciphering intent with accidental. It is my opinion he did try and get something on him but as I say not fully conclusive.

Onto Flores, any player rolling around feigning an impact that didn't happen deserves retrospective banning, that will stop it.

Iran's female national team have kicked out four players after they failed sex determination tests. Apparently, they aren't eligible for the team until their sex change operations are complete.

That's not a joke either, Iran is only second to Thailand for the number of sex change operations.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/soccer-scandal-irans-female-stars-face-random-gender-tests-n26221

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-26187718

Footballer Loic Remy will face no further action following his arrest over rape claims.

The 27-year-old Newcastle striker was held in May last year along with two other men after a woman alleged she had been attacked in Fulham, west London.

The three were told on Thursday they would face no further action over the allegations.

At the time of Remy's arrest, the French international, who is on loan from QPR, denied the allegation.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26385653

Players showing messages on t-shirts could soon be punished. Good! I'm sick of this annoying trend, just celebrate the goal and stop trying to create the next morning paper's headline photo! I wonder how many of these t-shirts we haven't even got to see, as the player in question didn't score during the game they wore it

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26411295

Pulis set to fine 2 of his players for diving. One was booked but the Chamakh had got away with it. Not a fan of his footballing style, but a decent honest bloke and this is a good step in the right direction - that diving might actually be stamped out at one club at least pretty soon

Guest blueboy122

Brendon and Liverpool could learn something from him. Rather than defending he should fine them and we may actually be nearer to ridding it

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26411295

Pulis set to fine 2 of his players for diving. One was booked but the Chamakh had got away with it. Not a fan of his footballing style, but a decent honest bloke and this is a good step in the right direction - that diving might actually be stamped out at one club at least pretty soon

Would be nice to see Martinez having a word with Pienaar...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26419665

Darren Ferguson complaining that a ref told one of his players to 'eff off' during a game. Now I do agree the ref shouldn't swear at a player, but Ferguson's argument that if his player had done the same he would be sent off is a bit of double standards. We don't need lip readers to see the level of bad language aimed at almost every decision against their team by so many players, week in week out. They really do need to start enforcing the 'foul and abusive language' punishment within games, it's hardly ever punished.

Just a quick one (this might be a stupid question), Suarez had in his contract that 40,000,000 was his buy out clause. John Henry has come out and said it himself as well. As Arsenal bid 40,000,001 and it was in his contract can they take legal action against Liverpool for not letting their player talk? Or is it that even if he does it doesn't matter as it is the clubs decision still...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26419665

Darren Ferguson complaining that a ref told one of his players to 'eff off' during a game. Now I do agree the ref shouldn't swear at a player, but Ferguson's argument that if his player had done the same he would be sent off is a bit of double standards. We don't need lip readers to see the level of bad language aimed at almost every decision against their team by so many players, week in week out. They really do need to start enforcing the 'foul and abusive language' punishment within games, it's hardly ever punished.

If it was me Id tell them to stop being so fucking sensitive (see sig quote from Steven Fry). So long as its not racist, I dont see the issue with swearing and never have - you can be just as offensive without swearing.

On the point of Ferguson complaining about a referee (must be a family trait) I can understand where he is coming from, which is another reason the "respect" campaign, much like the FA, is a joke. Respect is earned and the FA and referees should be leading the example rather than just punishing those who break the rules.

If it was me Id tell them to stop being so fucking sensitive (see sig quote from Steven Fry). So long as its not racist, I dont see the issue with swearing and never have - you can be just as offensive without swearing.

On the point of Ferguson complaining about a referee (must be a family trait) I can understand where he is coming from, which is another reason the "respect" campaign, much like the FA, is a joke. Respect is earned and the FA and referees should be leading the example rather than just punishing those who break the rules.

I usually agree with you Matt but on this one we differ a little bit. In Rugby League it would be a 10 minute sin bin for swearing at the ref, you have 18 stone hard men calling the referee 'Sir', respect is taught from an early age. But at the same time the referee would never swear at a player of course, so I agree with you that respect is earned. The refs wear microphones, so all these silly stories that run and run (like Lallana being 'insulted' by Clattenberg) would just never happen.

Having just said all that, I swear like a docker at times so frankly I'm just talking bollocks haha

Guest blueboy122

I am embarrassed for Ferguson.... As if he has come out and stated such a pathetic issue such as that. the amount of swearing the referees put up with is ridiculous and for Ferguson to come out and criticise someone after the match is pathetic, leave it on the field.

I usually agree with you Matt but on this one we differ a little bit. In Rugby League it would be a 10 minute sin bin for swearing at the ref, you have 18 stone hard men calling the referee 'Sir', respect is taught from an early age. But at the same time the referee would never swear at a player of course, so I agree with you that respect is earned. The refs wear microphones, so all these silly stories that run and run (like Lallana being 'insulted' by Clattenberg) would just never happen.

Having just said all that, I swear like a docker at times so frankly I'm just talking bollocks haha

for me language is language, I dont see the difference between swearing and not swearing. Theyre words to convey a message, the content is what matters however.

I do love the respect and professionalism of rugby, both league and union, and think football could learn a multitude of things to improve the game with too. Unfortunately, it never will. At least, not with the FA the way it is at the moment.